Seriously No Politics ×

Posting for Tacenda - prayers wanted

Rain

Just now, Rain said:

Prayers going out for him and you Tacenda. I can't imagine how tough it is for you.

Have you thought of calling a suicide hotline?

I've never tried calling the hotline, I probably don't help in saying all the time that I want to end my life before I get Alzheimer's. But told him today, the pain, we can find help for, my Alzheimer's, if I get it, you can't, so far. Don't know if that helped at all, probably didn't. But he is doing a little better. He's been dealing with this for awhile on and off. But yesterday scared me, everytime he leaves the house I worry. Thanks, I know my prayers are pretty weak, so I appreciate the extra prayers. 

I think your prayers are working everyone, my husband is not in a dark state of mind today, thanks so much!

And thanks GG, I appreciate that you're putting our names on the prayer roll at the temple. Hopefully you don't have to drive too far and that the weather is good for travelling to Portland. 

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 9:39 AM, Tacenda said:

I've never tried calling the hotline, I probably don't help in saying all the time that I want to end my life before I get Alzheimer's. But told him today, the pain, we can find help for, my Alzheimer's, if I get it, you can't, so far. Don't know if that helped at all, probably didn't. But he is doing a little better. He's been dealing with this for awhile on and off. But yesterday scared me, everytime he leaves the house I worry. Thanks, I know my prayers are pretty weak, so I appreciate the extra prayers. 

Tacenda, quite worrying about Alzheimers.  Your mom's cousins, me and my siblings, four in their 80s, me 83, sister 85 and older brother who died at 85 have not had Alzheimers.  Older brother did get dementia but that was more from a damaged head.  I don't know about all your family's history but you could worry about it all your life and never get it. 

Tacenda...my thoughts are with you and your husband.  Prayers always come from the heart and with your big heart and love for family and others..your prayers will be heard as if God measures you by the pain you feel.  Please be in touch...

Much love and many hugs,

Vickie

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 9:39 AM, Tacenda said:

Tacenda, some important person, somewhere, at sometime, said, as I remember it,  "I have had many worries in my life, most of which never happened."  I find this is be true in my life.

27 minutes ago, Sanpitch said:

Tacenda, quite worrying about Alzheimers.  Your mom's cousins, me and my siblings, four in their 80s, me 83, sister 85 and older brother who died at 85 have not had Alzheimers.  Older brother did get dementia but that was more from a damaged head.  I don't know about all your family's history but you could worry about it all your life and never get it. 

You got the good genes! ;) 

27 minutes ago, Jeanne said:

Tacenda...my thoughts are with you and your husband.  Prayers always come from the heart and with your big heart and love for family and others..your prayers will be heard as if God measures you by the pain you feel.  Please be in touch...

Much love and many hugs,

Vickie

You are the best! One day we will meet I hope. Next summer/spring I'll get the nerve to drive to Logan! I feel kind of dumb for asking for prayers, but sure appreciate my internet friends who know me better than people who know me in the flesh, sometimes!!

9 minutes ago, Sanpitch said:

Tacenda, some important person, somewhere, at sometime, said, as I remember it,  "I have had many worries in my life, most of which never happened."  I find this is be true in my life.

Good quote. I will try not to think I have maybe 10 good years, haha. Pretty bad that I'm only 57 saying that!

I'll work on that. 

14 hours ago, Tacenda said:

I think your prayers are working everyone, my husband is not in a dark state of mind today, thanks so much!

And thanks GG, I appreciate that you're putting our names on the prayer roll at the temple. Hopefully you don't have to drive too far and that the weather is good for travelling to Portland

Tacenda... a phone call is all it takes 😊  In fact you could call any temple near you and the person answering will take your names... just say... I want to put a couple of names on the prayer roll...

GG

Edited by Garden Girl
6 hours ago, Tacenda said:

will try not to think I have maybe 10 good years, haha. Pretty bad that I'm only 57 saying that!

Huge things can happen in ten years when it comes to medicine and a lot of research is focusing on Alzheimer’s and aging.