Seriously No Politics ×

Y-DNA common to Native Americans, Poles & Germans .. Lehi?

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 9:07 AM, RevTestament said:

Hello Hagoth! Good to see you again. R U behind the making of that video? Looks classy...

No, but I'm in it. The Joseph Smith foundation interviewed me in the video, and I'm pleased with the job they've done.

8 hours ago, hagoth3 said:

Q-L804 appears to be the Huns - Siberian descendants not Amerindian descendants.

I'm not sure how you arrive at that conclusion, hagoth3. You don't explain your reasoning. Most scientists that have an opinion on Q-L804 believe it migrated to northern Europe from central Europe 3,000 years ago. The Huns didn't show up in Europe until much later; about 400 AD.

On 10/2/2019 at 3:42 AM, dougtheavenger said:

L. L. Kang et al (2013) claims the remains of 3 individuals from a site in Barkol, Xinjiang were found to be Q-M3. That was news to me. Fascinating. However, I'm not aware of any living populations of Q-M3 people who are not Native American or descendants of such. The Yeniseian language group today includes only the Kets who live just east of the Ural mountains in Russia. This group has been studied quite extensively because of the high percentage of Q-M242. No Q-M3 so far as I know.

Not that I know anything about it, but just because people migrated to the American continents from Asia does not mean that nobody from the American continents ever traveled to Asia.  Individual people may travel where they will -- or are driven.  The finding of three individuals with a particular outlier characteristic doesn't mean a lot, necessarily.  If Marco Polo had died in China and his remains later dug up, would the consensus from his one body cause researchers to believe that Europeans originated in China?

Just saying: people travel.

2 hours ago, Stargazer said:

Not that I know anything about it, but just because people migrated to the American continents from Asia does not mean that nobody from the American continents ever traveled to Asia.

I think most experts accept that people traveled back and forth across Beringia for thousands of years. This is a good recap of current science.  I especially like the last paragraph. 

2 hours ago, Stargazer said:

If Marco Polo had died in China and his remains later dug up, would the consensus from his one body cause researchers to believe that Europeans originated in China?

No. It would be looked at in context and tests would be performed to determine the age of the skeleton and where the skeleton lived as a child. At a minimum they would know  that this person was too recent to be the ancestor of Europeans and that he did not grow up where he died.

14 hours ago, katherine the great said:

I think most experts accept that people traveled back and forth across Beringia for thousands of years. This is a good recap of current science.  I especially like the last paragraph. 

No. It would be looked at in context and tests would be performed to determine the age of the skeleton and where the skeleton lived as a child. At a minimum they would know  that this person was too recent to be the ancestor of Europeans and that he did not grow up where he died.

I would have to agree.