Seriously No Politics ×

Madam Patterini

On 9/20/2019 at 2:15 PM, The Nehor said:

That is what I thought but when I channeled J Golden Kimball the bishop asked me to please sit down. :( 

You channeled J. Golden? You have now replaced Groucho Marx as my hero. 

Edited by Bernard Gui
56 minutes ago, Bernard Gui said:

No, Jenner is not fully female. Jenner can never be fully female. 

She had gender affirming surgery. I don't understand why you don't think she is fully female, especially when there is an actual condition called gender dysphoria. THE OFFICIAL TERM IS "gender dysphoria." It describes a strong conflict between the gender a person is assigned at birth and the gender with which that person identifies. 

46 minutes ago, Tacenda said:

She had gender affirming surgery. I don't understand why you don't think she is fully female, especially when there is an actual condition called gender dysphoria. THE OFFICIAL TERM IS "gender dysphoria." It describes a strong conflict between the gender a person is assigned at birth and the gender with which that person identifies. 

Is her DNA female?  Is her biology female minus the drugs?

Edited by Calm
39 minutes ago, Calm said:

Is her DNA female?  Is her biology female minus the drugs?

It doesn't matter to me, she felt like she was for so many years, I'm glad people like her have the ability to fix what nature screwed up. What of those that a doctor assigns them at birth? I think in cases like hers and many, many others, they have pretty much the same situation but nature took hold a little more but in their core they're trans. 

Edited by Tacenda
On 9/20/2019 at 4:08 PM, Calm said:

Wow.  How can you not know it?

Hmmm. Maybe I was doing something worthwhile that day...

It was vaguely amusing, I admit, but it doesn't really do that much for me.  Sorry!

On 9/20/2019 at 6:11 PM, mfbukowski said:

For the bonus round, give the correct pronunciation for that quote in its original language.  Did you see this?  The actual talk is only about 45 minutes- there is a long warm up and the Q@A.   Great stuff!  I love this guy!  Of course I taught him all I know.

Then he said "Yeah- so what's new?"  ;)

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#inbox/FFNDWMbHTSWzklKLpRVkJGzXFtZmCwJD

You DO realize that providing a link to an email in your Gmail account isn't going to work for us, right? 😄

1 hour ago, Stargazer said:

You DO realize that providing a link to an email in your Gmail account isn't going to work for us, right? 😄

OMIGOSH!

I copied the wrong link from my email into the post.   I am a little technologically...... slow.... anyway.  ;)

This should work I hope

https://youtu.be/0XIDykeZplU

When I tried it, it went to the end of the video.   Just back it up to the beginning.  I don't know what I am doing of course.  :)

Great video though.  

Edited by mfbukowski
3 hours ago, Tacenda said:

You are ignoring basic biological facts. 

Edited by Bernard Gui
1 hour ago, mfbukowski said:

OMIGOSH!

I copied the wrong link from my email into the post.   I am a little technologically...... slow.... anyway.  ;)

This should work I hope

https://youtu.be/0XIDykeZplU

When I tried it, it went to the end of the video.   Just back it up to the beginning.  I don't know what I am doing of course.  :)

Great video though.  

You might find this of interest.  The way YouTube works, YT saved a cookie on your machine indicating the last time you watched it when you paused or quit it.  It then starts at that point when you go back.  The cookie eventually expires, however, and if you wait long enough it will start at the beginning again.  Or you can move the run position to where you want.

And now I'm going way past what you're interested in, probably...

If you click on the Share button, YT will provide a link for you to copy to your clipboard.  There's a checkbox (that is unchecked by default) which if checked will have YT put a time hack on the link it will generate, which is the time hack the playback was at when you clicked Share.  If you leave it unchecked, it will provide a link to the start of the video.  If checked, it will provide a link with the time hack, like this one (to a music video):

https://youtu.be/wy6EFoVy92A?t=4659

On 9/20/2019 at 6:11 PM, mfbukowski said:

For the bonus round, give the correct pronunciation for that quote in its original language.  Did you see this?  The actual talk is only about 45 minutes- there is a long warm up and the Q@A.   Great stuff!  I love this guy!  Of course I taught him all I know.

Then he said "Yeah- so what's new?"  ;)

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#inbox/FFNDWMbHTSWzklKLpRVkJGzXFtZmCwJD

The link didn't work.

53 minutes ago, Valentinus said:

The link didn't work.

See above comments. This link starts at at the end. You have to manually backup to the beginning. Sorry. YouTube has gotten tricky

Edited by mfbukowski
20 hours ago, Bernard Gui said:

This kind of thing is getting Trudeau in a lot of trouble. 

Careful, we have a history of black face as well.  Minstrel parties were thrown by Seventies quorums as fundraisers for missionaries.  Blackface minstrel shows advertised in the official Church News as well as Deseret news.

http://www.keepapitchinin.org/2010/11/23/brethren-in-blackface/

7 hours ago, blueglass said:

Careful, we have a history of black face as well.  Minstrel parties were thrown by Seventies quorums as fundraisers for missionaries.  Blackface minstrel shows advertised in the official Church News as well as Deseret news.

http://www.keepapitchinin.org/2010/11/23/brethren-in-blackface/

Minstrel shows are an important part of our entertainment and musical past. They have a very complex history. Much of our entertainment today can be traced in part or in whole to their influence, content, and format. While we can learn much about our racial history from them, I hesitate passing judgment on our ancestors because of them. Also, there is the matter of doing better once we know better. Did you like the New Christy Minstrels?

The Knights of Columbus still sponsored minstrel show charity fund-raisers when I was in high school. They were a sanitized version that was essentially a community talent show, but with men in blackface playing the parts of Mr Interlocutor, Mr Bones, Tambo, and Mr Bojangles doing some of the skits, banter, jokes, etc. Mr Bones actually did a tap dance in a skeleton costume illuminated by UV light. He was very good.  My high school folk band played in two shows. I learned to play the bones there. I still have one of the programs around here someplace. This was in one of the most progressive and highly educated cities in the US. And for my junior and senior years our student body presidents were black and Latino respectively.

I’m not here to extol the wonders of minstrel shows, but I wonder how future historians will judge us based on what we accept as entertainment today. I hope they are merciful.

Edited by Bernard Gui
5 hours ago, mfbukowski said:

See above comments. This link starts at at the end. You have to manually backup to the beginning. Sorry. YouTube has gotten tricky

Thanks for the link to Dr Berlinski. I’d heard of him and now I’ve heard him and will be looking for more. I would love to hear him and Jordan Peterson in discussion.

19 hours ago, Tacenda said:

It doesn't matter to me, she felt like she was for so many years, I'm glad people like her have the ability to fix what nature screwed up. What of those that a doctor assigns them at birth? I think in cases like hers and many, many others, they have pretty much the same situation but nature took hold a little more but in their core they're trans. 

I am not trying to argue with you, but how are you/she so confident that nature screwed up. Its so interesting that we can be so sure of this, there can be no discussion or debate on the issue. I was listening to a podcast where David Ostler said that we have to be careful of "our culture of certainty in the church." We really cant say we know thing in the church to be true, we have to say "I believe it could be true." This doesn't make sense to me. 
Sorry if it sounds like I am blaming you for this. This has been on my mind for sometime. I am just trying to understand this better. Thanks 

20 hours ago, Tacenda said:

I have read stories of humans who thought they were different animals. I have read articles on humans who were convinced they could fly. I have read articles about other humans who knew they were vampires or werewolves. The human mind can imagine almost anything and there are times where the mind simply cannot be trusted to define reality. If you think this is an incorrect statement, please get one of those humans that believes they can fly and allow them to step off a cliff to prove they can fly. I hope  you begin to see the error of your statement - what Chris Jenner came to believe about himself has nothing to do with reality. The reality is that Jenner is a man; you can dress up as a woman all you want and you are still a man. 

We have entered an era of the absurd. Because humans are prone to mental illness we have concluded that if a human thinks or feels it then it must be reality. Why don't we just treat the problem with these individuals rather than indulge them in their fantasy?

1 hour ago, Storm Rider said:

I have read stories of humans who thought they were different animals. I have read articles on humans who were convinced they could fly. I have read articles about other humans who knew they were vampires or werewolves. The human mind can imagine almost anything and there are times where the mind simply cannot be trusted to define reality. If you think this is an incorrect statement, please get one of those humans that believes they can fly and allow them to step off a cliff to prove they can fly. I hope  you begin to see the error of your statement - what Chris Jenner came to believe about himself has nothing to do with reality. The reality is that Jenner is a man; you can dress up as a woman all you want and you are still a man. 

We have entered an era of the absurd. Because humans are prone to mental illness we have concluded that if a human thinks or feels it then it must be reality. Why don't we just treat the problem with these individuals rather than indulge them in their fantasy?

Do some studying please.

2 hours ago, Nacho2dope said:

I am not trying to argue with you, but how are you/she so confident that nature screwed up. Its so interesting that we can be so sure of this, there can be no discussion or debate on the issue. I was listening to a podcast where David Ostler said that we have to be careful of "our culture of certainty in the church." We really cant say we know thing in the church to be true, we have to say "I believe it could be true." This doesn't make sense to me. 
Sorry if it sounds like I am blaming you for this. This has been on my mind for sometime. I am just trying to understand this better. Thanks 

Just like those that are gay, I feel transgendered people know while pretty young as well. It's no different. 

On 9/20/2019 at 1:14 PM, Tacenda said:

I listened to Caitlyn Jenner's, formerly Bruce Jenner's, audiobook. She is now fully female and she cross dressed since pretty young, any chance she could. She hid it from everyone for many years. I wonder if Mr. Young was going through the same thing. I'll have to research, and see if this wasn't just an acting gig for one show or not.

So, has Bruce had a lopitoffomy? I don't think so. Anyway, there is no way a genetic male can be fully female. It doesn't happen.

2 hours ago, Tacenda said:

Do some studying please.

Biological science study or social science study?

4 minutes ago, katherine the great said:

These women all have a Y chromosome. However, they are female. It does happen. Study up on AIS.

Orchids01.JPG

There is something else going on naturally that inhibits/resists male hormones though.

It is still determined by genetics.