Seriously No Politics ×

Julie Rowe rumor

1 hour ago, Jake Starkey said:

Let me ask again, smac, because you are mischaracterizing the question.  I am not asking what the Brethren think; we all understand their thinking.

I am asking women the questions above because I am curious as to what they are doing and why they are doing it.

I would never lay my hands on someone to bless them. It feels wrong for me on so many levels. I cannot explain it.  

I believe that prayers in faith can and do heal. That's what I would do if I didn't have access to my a worthy priesthood holder. 

3 hours ago, cherryTreez said:

I would never lay my hands on someone to bless them. It feels wrong for me on so many levels. I cannot explain it.  

I believe that prayers in faith can and do heal. That's what I would do if I didn't have access to my a worthy priesthood holder. 

I would do it; if I felt prompted to, such as in an emergency and no priesthood holder available, etc.  The reason I would is that I have heard counsel from temple sealers while in the temple, a couple of times over the years that women can give blessings to their family members through the power of faith.  They lay hands on the head, pronounce blessing and they do not use consecrated oil. 

Edited by alter idem
5 hours ago, cherryTreez said:

I have at times it has seemed appropriate.  There is something more directed/focused with a blessing in my experience than a prayer though there is power in both.

I have not anointed in these blessings.

Edited by Calm
8 hours ago, Calm said:

I have at times it has seemed appropriate.  There is something more directed/focused with a blessing in my experience than a prayer though there is power in both.

I have not anointed in these blessings.

My  Patriarchal blessing talks about my prayers in faith being able to heal. It makes sense to me. I wouldn't feel right laying my hands on someone.  It wouldn't work for me. 

Others are able to do what they feel is best. I think that is a great thing that people can act according to what they feel is best.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Jake Starkey said:

Nelson renounced Energy Healing some time ago and now follows Body Code and Emotion Code practices.

I can find nothing that shows he has been excommunicated.

He communicated this via email to some of his closest followers only.  He’s smart enough to know not to publish this as Rowe, Stroud, Fish etc  have done, or else it would hurt his business too much.

it’s all quite sad and disturbing really.

Edited by Durangout
3 hours ago, Durangout said:

He communicated this via email to some of his closest followers only.  He’s smart enough to know not to publish this as Rowe, Stroud, Fish etc  have done, or else it would hurt his business too much.

If I were only in it for the $$$, I certainly would not announce to the world I had been exed from the church.

On 10/24/2019 at 7:37 AM, Jake Starkey said:

Nelson renounced Energy Healing some time ago and now follows Body Code and Emotion Code practices.

I can find nothing that shows he has been excommunicated.

Really?  If so,  then he's playing word games it would seem.  Body code and Emotion Code are Energy healing--  he calls his own forms of Energy Healing which he promotes,  the body code or Emotion code.  It's is Bradley Nelson's Emotion code that Julie Rowe became a coach of and from what she's advertised in her podcasts, she holds workshops to teach others this energy healing.

On 10/24/2019 at 11:23 AM, Durangout said:

That is what I heard, that there were rumors he'd admitted it in private, but has not acknowledged it publicly.