Seriously No Politics ×

Sad Fast and Testimony Meeting in Virginia

57 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

Yeah, there is another board and I am sure he got the video from the person who posted it there as he encouraged all the imbeciles there to follow this thread as he crusades against us.

Yay - an audience!  Hi peanut gallery!  God loves you and I'm trying!

Again, my credentials: My wife and I, upon hearing of an instance of child abuse, bent over backwards to get that information in front of the abuser's bishop and stake president.  Victim was an unbaptized child living outside of the stake boundaries.  I was the go-between between victim (and victim's mom) and church - I asked if we could just keep the victim's identity private and just go with the public record, the victim had already been traumatized enough, and surely didn't want any interviews or part of the process.  The bishop/SP was ok with that. They got back to me and let me know dude had been excommunicated, and asked that I relay that information to the victim, in hopes it would help the victim heal.    Wife and I were active in the legal proceedings, filed reports and briefs, attended parole hearings to keep dude behind bars.  We stood with the victim, to the extent of cutting ties with family members who chose to stand with the abuser.  If I had a nickel for every box of kleenex we all went through, I'd have a decent pile of nickels.  

Again, my opinion: Trip'N's motivations here have nothing to do with concern over victims of sexual assault.  Apart from his activist victim, I question whether he knows any personally.  I wonder if he's ever lifted a finger (apart from making critical videos) to help one personally.  I wonder if he's ever donated to RAINN, or volunteered at a rape crisis center, or some related thing.  When he made Denson's acquaintance, I'm thinking that instead of deep sorrow or concern or love for her, he felt a bit of elation, and he thought to himself "this is great!  I can use this!"   Is this uncharitable character assassination? Perhaps.  Only Trip'N will know for sure.

Some praise for Trip'N and crew: You guys are getting better and better at this.  Production values go up with every video.  Did I see multiple camera angles?   Let me guess - two hidden cameras, and the lady with her phone on the front row working as assault bait?  You hooked a member of the audience - he fell for the bait!  Nothin' says lovin' like the police showing up and arresting someone in the audience!  Dude - you are within inches of going professional here.  Nice hidden microphone on the teary woman, so even after they cut the podium mike, you still had clear audio!   High enough quality microphone that it caught the bishop's comments too!   And the mike on the second lady was a nice touch.  Someone in your gang understands human behavior and knows how to set a good trap.  Dude, if you and your crew ever decide to broaden your horizons, I know half a dozen activist organizations that would be willing to pay for a crew of y'alls talents.  Steven Crowder and the Center for Medical Progress on the right, various Occupy and Antifa groups on the left - take your pick!

For everyone else: 2016 Security guidelines.  Go tell your bishops!

Responding to a Disruptive Person in a Church Meeting
If a person becomes disruptive during a Church meeting, be respectful, speak calmly and with self-control, and respect his or her personal space.

Whether the person causing the disturbance remains seated in the congregation, approaches the stand, or stands at the pulpit, approach the person and ask him or her to stop or to leave, or invite the person to meet with a priesthood leader in the foyer. Tell the person that his or her behavior or comments are inappropriate. If the person has been asked to leave but refuses, inform him or her that the police may be notified and he or she may be arrested for trespassing.  If the person refuses to leave and continues to cause a disturbance at the pulpit, turn off the microphone and dismiss the meeting. Do not attempt to physically restrain the person unless it is absolutely necessary. (Adapt these guidelines as needed for auxiliary meetings, classes, or other Church events or activities.)

If a serious or dangerous disruption is occurring on Church property, call the police. When the situation is under control, notify your priesthood leader and the Church Security Department.

Edited by LoudmouthMormon
21 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

You, because you would exploit a grieving parent to further your own twisted agenda.

Now go waddle back to your safe space and complain about how mean we all are.

Wrong, I know someone that went through this and it's a nightmare.  I suggest change and no more posturing.  Try that...

13 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

My solution is to usher the congregation out of the interrupter doesn’t respond to a request to stand down. 

I generally do my part by walking out of these scenarios. 

Then, offer the interrupter an opportunity to issue a formal complaint regarding their issue. 

This sounds good, and is a viable solution.  BUT, I would totally want to sit and watch the whole thing unfold.  I don't think I'd have the self-discipline to walk out of the chapel.

5 minutes ago, LoudmouthMormon said:

Yay - an audience!  Hi peanut gallery!  God loves you and I'm trying!

Again, my credentials: My wife and I, upon hearing of an instance of child abuse, bent over backwards to get that information in front of the abuser's bishop and stake president.  Victim was an unbaptized child living outside of the stake boundaries.  I was the go-between between victim (and victim's mom) and church - I asked if we could just keep the victim's identity private and just go with the public record, the victim had already been traumatized enough, and surely didn't want any interviews or part of the process.  The bishop/SP was ok with that. They got back to me and let me know dude had been excommunicated, and asked that I relay that information to the victim, in hopes it would help the victim heal.    Wife and I were active in the legal proceedings, filed reports and briefs, attended parole hearings to keep dude behind bars.  We stood with the victim, to the extent of cutting ties with family members who chose to stand with the abuser.  If I had a nickel for every box of kleenex we all went through, I'd have a decent pile of nickels.  

Again, my opinion: Trip'N's motivations here have nothing to do with concern over victims of sexual assault.  Apart from his activist victim, I question whether he knows any personally.  I wonder if he's ever lifted a finger (apart from making critical videos) to help one personally.  I wonder if he's ever donated to RAINN, or volunteered at a rape crisis center, or some related thing.  When he made Denson's acquaintance, I'm thinking that instead of deep sorrow or concern or love for her, he felt a bit of elation, and he thought to himself "this is great!  I can use this!"   Is this uncharitable character assassination? Perhaps.  Only Trip'N will know for sure.

Some praise for Trip'N and crew: You guys are getting better and better at this.  Production values go up with every video.  Did I see multiple camera angles?   Let me guess - two hidden cameras, and the lady with her phone on the front row working as assault bait?  You hooked a member of the audience - he fell for the bait!  Dude - you are within inches of going professional here!  Nice hidden microphone on the teary woman, so even after they cut the podium mike, you still had clear audio!   High enough quality microphone that it caught the bishop's comments too!   And the mike on the second lady was a nice touch.  Someone in your gang understands human behavior and knows how to set a good trap.  Dude, if you and your crew ever decide to broaden your horizons, I know half a dozen activist organizations that would be willing to pay for a crew of y'alls talents.  Steven Crowder and the Center for Medical Progress on the right, various Occupy and Antifa groups on the left - take your pick!

For everyone else: 2016 Security guidelines.  Go tell your bishops!

You do know that the person that filmed that video is also a victim of sexual abuse right?  The rest of your post is pretty much incoherent.  Can you summarize your message in a sentence or two?