Seriously No Politics ×

Short story/movie/music thread

poptart

• 10 months later...

I hope poptart doesn't mind I share this "story". It's a photo bomb taken of my former stake president, that may or may not out me, but who cares. Just watched "Carpool Karaoke" with Justin Bieber and it made me think of this photo bomb that was taken a few years back. My stake president traveled a lot for work, I think this is in New York, quite exciting for all of us!Image result for justin bieber photo bombs sleeping man

Edited by Tacenda
On 2/19/2020 at 10:46 PM, Tacenda said:

I hope poptart doesn't mind I share this "story". It's a photo bomb taken of my former stake president, that may or may not out me, but who cares. Just watched "Carpool Karaoke" with Justin Bieber and it made me think of this photo bomb that was taken a few years back. My stake president traveled a lot for work, I think this is in New York, quite exciting for all of us!Image result for justin bieber photo bombs sleeping man

Poor guy looks exhausted. 

On 4/15/2019 at 9:55 AM, Maidservant said:

LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! Shelter

It is a beautiful piece, is there any hint in the ultimate destination?  Just survival seems somewhat pointless.  That it is set up to take messages suggests there is hope there are others.  

Edited by Calm
  • 1 month later...

I was reminded of this song this morning.  Given what is going on now I thought I would post it.  The first time I heard it on the radio I first heard part of an interview with one of the band members.  It was purposely written to include both meanings of "I am" and "I AM".

On 4/14/2020 at 4:35 PM, Amulek said:

If you've got a little time, here's a really enjoyable science fiction short story I remember running across several years ago by LDS author Eric James Stone: That Leviathan, Whom Thou Hast Made

It won the 2010 Nebula Award for Best Novelette, so it's no sinker; if you enjoy sci-fi at all then you'll probably dig it.

I read it when it came out. Nice little story!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iuLBhxZUkmU" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just now, Ratbag said:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iuLBhxZUkmU" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That didn't work.