Seriously No Politics ×

Aliens...what if

strappinglad

No, I am not talking about immigrants. FYI you are allowed two giggles and one guffah before commenting. 

If it became indisputable that aliens from other planets/dimensions have been observing us for a long time ,( others besides God and His angels ), how would you reconcile it with the gospel? Would you expect them to have the same overall doctrine  ? Would you consider them demons or fallen angels or other children of God ?

Through the gospel, I know about the existence of pre-mortal spirits, mortal humans like ourselves and resurrected beings with telestial, terrestrial, and celestial bodies. These are all various stages of children of Heavenly Father and other beings like Him. I am not aware of any references to other types of intelligent life, aliens, as you say, nor am I aware of anything precluding their existence.

One of the arguments against there being intelligent life on other planets is that we haven't heard from them, . . yet.

Could it be that all intelligent beings (like us) on the path to godhood are interrupted midcourse and are prevented from going interstellar through high technology, so as to allow them to go through the great End Time conversion to godhood and the ability to go interstellar as gods and angels?  Without spaceships and technological paraphernalia, because we will have been transformed and rendered perfect and incorruptible.

If, instead, true aliens were to come to Earth, there might be a real crisis of faith about all our theologies -- of all kinds.  Would some religious leaders claim that it was a test of faith?

As missionaries we used to use this idea to teach the importance of the Book of Mormon as a second witness to Christ.
What if some aliens from another world visited our planet and showed us their records that spoke of Jesus and contained His gospel?
Well that's what the Book of Mormon does. 

On 12/29/2018 at 1:58 AM, strappinglad said:

I note that the Gatwick airport drone situation happened with thousands of cameras and yet we have no pics. People said they saw a drone but no one had a camera to take a photo. Hmmm...

And just in the last few days, the police here have said that there may have been no drones, and yesterday they suggested that people might have been reporting the police department's own drones.

And additionally, one of the so-called drones turned out to be the aircraft warning lights on top of construction cranes near the airport.

There were no drones, in my opinion. 

On 12/27/2018 at 5:39 PM, strappinglad said:

No, I am not talking about immigrants. FYI you are allowed two giggles and one guffah before commenting. 

If it became indisputable that aliens from other planets/dimensions have been observing us for a long time ,( others besides God and His angels ), how would you reconcile it with the gospel? Would you expect them to have the same overall doctrine  ? Would you consider them demons or fallen angels or other children of God ?

Are they the same species as God like Mormons are? If not...what are they? If not they are inferior. If they are the same species...it seems hard to call them aliens.

Edited by 3DOP