Seriously No Politics ×

Arson at Church Building in Colorado

Here:

Police arrested a man on suspicion of arson after they say he broke into a church and lit a couch inside on fire.

Officers responded to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 630 S. Meldrum St., about 3 p.m. Dec. 4 to a report of a man who stated he planned to burn down the church, according to arrest documents.

The man, identified by police as Jordan McQueen, purchased a sledgehammer and lighter fluid from Ace Hardware in Old Town. He then headed to the church, where he broke through the back door and set fire to a couch inside. 

The fire caused the sprinklers inside the church to turn on, flooding part of the building, according to arrest documents. 

McQueen, 30, was arrested outside the church and taken to Poudre Valley Hospital for a medical evaluation. He was then booked into the Larimer County Jail.

McQueen "made multiple spontaneous statements regarding starting the fire," according to arrest documents, but those documents did not specify what those statements were. Documents also indicated that McQueen was "uncooperative" while being booked. 

McQueen was charged with first-degree arson, a Class 3 felony; second-degree burglary, a Class 4 felony; and criminal mischief from $5,000-$20,000, a Class 5 felony.

McQueen does not have any other criminal history in Larimer County, according to court records.

He's being held in the jail on a $5,000 bond and is scheduled to appear in court Dec. 13.

Hmm.  I hope he has a substantial mental impairment, as that explanation would be preferable to him being motivated by malice.

Thanks,

-Smac

34 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

He is welcome to come to my ward. We really need an excuse to replace the foyer couch.

Had to smile...When I went to my home town last year for Dad's funeral....there was the same couch....plastic blue thing that was there when  was  a Beehive!

Time out:

He set MY couch on fire!?!?!    Yes, yes, I know I don't own the couch, but that's the couch I say on doing homework and chilling for 3 years.  MY couch!!  And his stupidity ended up flooding part of MY sanctuary building.  

Not cool man.   

Edited by Jane_Doe
8 hours ago, bsjkki said:

Link to the Institute Facebook page. It looks like they are reopened. I just want one of their fancy drinking fountains. How do I petition for one of those in my building? https://www.facebook.com/Fort-Collins-CO-Institute-247402145290873/

Lol. Won't happen.  It's there because that is where the students are during the week.  You can find them on many campuses. I can't remember if it is in the ASU institute or not. 

It seems to be showing up in most new buildings here in Utah County (doctors' offices, stores).  Wouldn't be surprised if it starts showing up in chapels, but most don't bring water to drink to meetings so might not (I do because of dryness due to meds, so I notice hardly anyone else is pulling out bottles except for babies and toddlers).