Seriously No Politics ×

Trump keeps on lefting the $&!^ out of my politics: true or false

(1) True: I keep moving away from Trump's policies and Twitter pronouncements but it has no discernible effect on my religious beliefs

(2) True: I keep moving away from Trump's policies and Twitter pronouncements and it has impacted my religious beliefs to some degree

(3) False: Stay the course, Mr. Trump!

(4) Other... (comment below)

_____

Thoughts?

I'd say I'm probably in the (2) camp, but what precisely that means is perhaps a bit difficult to articulate in sound byte form.

8 minutes ago, cksalmon said:

(1) True: I keep moving away from Trump's policies and Twitter pronouncements but it has no discernible effect on my religious beliefs

(2) True: I keep moving away from Trump's policies and Twitter pronouncements and it has impacted my religious beliefs to some degree

(3) False: Stay the course, Mr. Trump!

(4) Other... (comment below)

_____

Thoughts?

I'd say I'm probably in the (2) camp, but what precisely that means is perhaps a bit difficult to articulate in sound byte form.

Well, I did a process like this a long time ago.  I was raised Republican, where to say "a Democrat" and "the devil" was a synonym.  After I left home, and grew, and had experiences, and rethought things, I used to laugh with my mother over the phone, "I'm trying very hard to stay Republican, but it's not working!"

In the end I have ended up offending everyone, lol.  I'm an anarchist.

I think Trump is for our time.  That  . . . may or may not be a compliment.

6 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

Why would the ravings of a petty ignoramus alter my religious beliefs?

Nice! No reason they should, "The Nehor."

I guess for me, I've begun to distance myself from the sort of folks who think Trump is the "Christian" Leader America Needed post-Obama. And, yeah, that has at least impacted my own perception of how I'm related to my religious beliefs, if that's vague enough. 

Edited by cksalmon
spelling
18 minutes ago, cksalmon said:

I would be interested to hear this.

I am 1.  I don't really understand why it would have an impact on anyone's religious views, which is why I am very interested in your POV of how it's affected you.