Seriously No Politics ×

My youngest son is worried, due to the California wildfires.

My youngest Son, Caleb, served most of his mission in the areas of the California wildfires. Two places at least, that  he served in, the towns are simply gone. Also, he has been unable to contact or make any contact with those he taught, and many who befriended him while on his mission. Of course as most of you know, when you serve people, you love them. He keeps hoping and praying for news, good news of course would be best, but news of any kind, would be better than nothing. 

So, if any here can help, please do so, and of course pray for those who have lost so much.

E.T.A: because these events we are praying very much, it is a topic that him and for those who served with, this makes for a very stressful informatiaaaA

Edited by Bill “Papa” Lee

When my husband and I were ready to retire, we looked at several areas and were seriously considering Paradise (a beautiful little town in the pines at the foot of the Sierra)... The fire has destroyed Paradise...

We finally ended up here on the Oregon coast in the Pacific Northwest.

GG

13 hours ago, Garden Girl said:

When my husband and I were ready to retire, we looked at several areas and were seriously considering Paradise (a beautiful little town in the pines at the foot of the Sierra)... The fire has destroyed Paradise...

We finally ended up here on the Oregon coast in the Pacific Northwest.

GG

He served in Paradise for about 4 months, so you can understand his concerns. 

16 hours ago, Traela said:

Is he on Facebook?  There is a page , "You know you grew up in Paradise CA when..." that has people reporting in on what they know.  

I will let him know, Thanks. 

My heart just breaks for all that is happening in the State of California.  I have family there.  I just look at the news and simply cannot imagine my whole home town just wiped away...it makes my own problems look like tiny grains of sand.  Prayers for everyone there and for all those who are waiting and caring with concern.