Seriously No Politics ×

Council of Fifty

Curt

I have been reading through the Council of Fifty Minutes recently published and obtained. These guys were off their rockers, in my estimation. However, they seem to truly believe in what they are saying. So they're just off their rockers, right? It's a historian's dream to read. Interpretations could go so many ways. They sound desperate and nuts to me.

22 hours ago, Curt said:

I have been reading through the Council of Fifty Minutes recently published and obtained. These guys were off their rockers, in my estimation. However, they seem to truly believe in what they are saying. So they're just off their rockers, right? It's a historian's dream to read. Interpretations could go so many ways. They sound desperate and nuts to me.

Tell us more.  Something specific.  Sounds cool?

• 2 weeks later...

I just came across it recently. I heard an evangelical lady proclaiming that Mormons were secretly conspiring for world domination.

I am not so much well-read into the topic but it doesn't seem that way for me because they were a) always wanting to work within the bounds of democracy (they would call it theodemocracy) b) people of other faiths were always welcomed in any position and c) the organization was totally separate from the church. 

I see their efforts as a move toward the preparation for the Second Coming. And in the context of Joseph Smith's campain for the presidency.

Does anyone have any good insights on the topic? Do you see it critical? I just recently came across the whole thing.

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 11:13 PM, Curt said:

If you spend some time in the back rooms of the ( pick your favorite political party ) , you will soon see all kinds of rockers occupied and not .