Seriously No Politics ×

Tired

2 hours ago, bluebell said:

I'm tired of the constant 'outrage' that our society is currently addicted to.  Someone says something we don't like--outrage!  Someone does something we don't agree with--outrage!  Someone votes the way we don't want them to--outrage!  Hobby Lobby sells a decorative household item that has cotton on it--outrage!   A photographer dresses up a newborn as ralphie from A Christmas Story, complete with bunny outfit and pretend red rider BB gun--outrage!

We spend so much time now demanding apologies and boycotting people to try to force them to pretend to agree with us that it's becoming absurd.

Thank you. I think you hit the nail on the head. It is the sense of being outraged that is destroying our society. The objective seems to be to force everyone to be so hyper PC that we cannot laugh or be casual with one another for fear of causing a scene or an outrage. 

1 hour ago, Duncan said:

I get that people get outraged, and rightly fully so, at injustice or racism or just plain stupidity but it goes too far sometimes

Is it rightfully so? The Lord said that if we are angry we are in danger of hellfire. Shouldnt we then not be outraged even if we think we have a good reason

isnt this the big German Word Elser Uctdorf was warning us about at conference?

15 minutes ago, Avatar4321 said:

Is it rightfully so? The Lord said that if we are angry we are in danger of hellfire. Shouldnt we then not be outraged even if we think we have a good reason

isnt this the big German Word Elser Uctdorf was warning us about at conference?

the fact that there is hellfire shows me that even God gets angry. People just can't say or do whatever that want and hope that they can get away with it. The Church doesn't operate like that. There are ways to deal with things that are better than others. People are accountable to the people that elected them or use their services. 

3 hours ago, Storm Rider said:

Thank you. I think you hit the nail on the head. It is the sense of being outraged that is destroying our society. The objective seems to be to force everyone to be so hyper PC that we cannot laugh or be casual with one another for fear of causing a scene or an outrage. 

And those opposed to the PC approach hire demagogues of hate to stir up outrage.

I think the only winning move is not to play or choose a side.

Edited by The Nehor
10 hours ago, strappinglad said:

'Outrage' today is equivalent to ' miffed ' in the past. The word has lost much of its meaning.

I'm not sure.  People try to get other's fired, send them death and rape threats, put their personal information online hoping someone will track them down and 'teach them a lesson'.  That sounds like more than miffed to me.