Questions

Jeanne

What do you store in your purse? 

FYI:  I've refused to look in any woman's purse since my mother asked me to fetch her glasses out of her purse.  It took me several hours (alright, maybe several seconds); but I was amazed at all the "stuff" she had in there--including a half-eaten apple! :)

Someone very special is waiting for you....there is no conspiracy...the heavens are waiting for you...!  On this earth it is important to realize that you...have given much joy...at least to me.  Though we may not agree on things sometimes..your wit, humor and general outlook in life has been a joy to me and others.  The thing is, I don't know how old you are...so whether on this earth or the next life, no doubt you will be compensated for the happiness you have given.

Patience is a virtue. 

Edited by Jeanne
1 hour ago, Okrahomer said:

What do you store in your purse? 

FYI:  I've refused to look in any woman's purse since my mother asked me to fetch her glasses out of her purse.  It took me several hours (alright, maybe several seconds); but I was amazed at all the "stuff" she had in there--including a half-eaten apple! :)

My purse?  Oh my gosh...it is amazing what a purse can hold.  All of my financial needs...Kleenexes...salve for my hands..pens...lots of them...a brush, a comb...and pictures..(I am an oldy that actually doesn't just carry pictures on my phone)...and there is for some reason..a lot q-tips..huh...a mirror...some lipstick...and my husbands wallet too.  I have every card in the world that you can have for Wendover..(this is something I am sure you won't find in your wife's purse)...  Oh...keys!!  Keys I don't even need anymore!

That's it...I am off...to buy a bigger purse.   Thank you!

2 hours ago, Jeanne said:

Someone very special is waiting for you....there is no conspiracy...the heavens are waiting for you...!  On this earth it is important to realize that you...have given much joy...at least to me.  Though we may not agree on things sometimes..your wit, humor and general outlook in life has been a joy to me and others.  The thing is, I don't know how old you are...so whether on this earth or the next life, no doubt you will be compensated for the happiness you have given.

Patience is a virtue. 

I got it. You are not allowed to tell me. I understand. ;) 

37 minutes ago, Tacenda said:

https://wallethub.com/edu/best-states-for-singles/31667/ Texas is fourth from the top, at least ya know you're where you need to be, haha! But, how many LDS women are there? That's the question. 

There are quite a few. Just never found one I was interested in where the feeling was mutual. It is always just one or the other.

Edit: Sorry, I will stop derailing this thread with my joke.

Edited by The Nehor
10 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

There are quite a few. Just never found one I was interested in where the feeling was mutual. It is always just one or the other.

Edit: Sorry, I will stop derailing this thread with my joke.

I don't think Jeanne would mind, if anyone derailed it would be me.

Edited by Tacenda
1 hour ago, Avatar4321 said:

What is the best way to reassure and show my love for my beloved wife who struggles to take care of our chronically ill child? Nothing I think of seems to really show how much I appreciate her

I don't know much about this..or the full  story of you and your wife's situation...but i can tell you that the very elements of surprises and genuine affection, care and a hope that life gets better..will always be appreciated...little notes...extra help (which I am sure you already do)..but all kinds of things she may not be expecting is always so rememberable and gives an added strength to what sje endures.

I know that lots of couples have been told...never to go to bed angry...I did things a little different when I knew I would lose my husband to cancer.  I spooned him every morning before we got up....and told him,  how much I loved and appreciated him for all the things he would do and endure for me  and the family during that day.  It gives purpose  and strength to those you love.

God Bless Your Wife...and You

Edited by Jeanne

One thing....do things for her she asks you to do, not just things you think are a good idea.  And that requires the time to listen and effort to remember.  Write stuff down or use a phone calendar or however you keep track of stuff for business or things that are important for you to keep track of things that are important for her as well.  And let her know your schedule and changes as soon as you know.

I find in having to care for my chronically ill child, it becomes very difficult if my husband had generously volunteered or accepted a request, but then forgets it or something comes up that he allows to take priority.  As a caregiver, having to adjust to more than just the child's needs is very wearing from what .I have experienced myself and from what other caregivers have told me.  

Edited by Calm
7 hours ago, Avatar4321 said:

What is the best way to reassure and show my love for my beloved wife who struggles to take care of our chronically ill child? Nothing I think of seems to really show how much I appreciate her

Tell her...  gently, sincerely, while holding her hand... do little things to surprise her... like one time we had weekend company that left late Sunday evening... too late for me to clean, wash dishes, etc.  I went to bed tired... and left for work the next morning with everything undone... all day at work, a busy Monday, my mind would flash to what awaited me at home.  When I got home, I walked in and found a sparkling clean kitchen!  And every room neat and in order... I went from room to room nearly in tears... When I got to the last bathroom, there on the counter was a bouquet of red roses with a card... "Because I love You"... That was 48 years ago, and I can remember how I felt as if it was yesterday... 

You know your wife... what she likes... how about a day at the hair salon while you take care of your child... or a day to do whatever she wants... Do you have family nearby that could take care of your child while you two go somewhere for the weekend... my point being, to give her a rest from the constant responsibility.  Would she be comfortable with that?

It doesn't have to be something big or expensive... good luck...

GG  

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2018 at 12:38 PM, Avatar4321 said:

If you know what her top love languages are tell her in that way. 

Make sure she has time away to fill her cup, but make sure she has input of what that is. When my youngest was in the NICU my husband and father-in-law arranged to have my father-in-law take the older kids in his home for a week. I loved they were thinking of me, but they didn't realize that since I couldn't drive that put me alone at home, fretting about my baby for a lot of the time alone. I already hated not taking him home with me, but to have the others kids not home as well left me bereft.

So talk to her to see what kind of breaks would benefit her best. She may need a little time to think about it.

Edited by Rain