Seriously No Politics ×

Young Mormon Woman Sues School over Religious Discrimination

37 minutes ago, LittleNipper said:

It doesn't matter that you don't believe it. Christians do believe it and have accepted that God the Father, and God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit are three beings united as one essence which is ONE GOD. Peter believed this, Timothy believed it (MY LORD AND MY GOD). Paul believed in the trinity. Constantine merely was (according to tradition and nothing biblical) trying to get some clarification and a united consensus on its meaning. Jesus could have reprimanded Timothy --- he didn't. Jesus was revealing his LORDSHIP to the rich young ruler when Jesus himself said, "WHY do you call me GOOD? Only GOD is good. We all know that JESUS was GOD and perfect and became the perfect sacrifice ----- JESUS is/was GOOD and so HE is in fact GOD! GOD the Father accepted this, I accept this. BUT You don't think Jesus is GOOD? Jesus is either GOOD and GOD, or HE is not GOOD and not GOD. You cannot have it both ways. I believe Mormons tie themselves in knots trying out shine Christianity.

My God can beat up your God.

On 10/22/2018 at 8:44 PM, The Nehor said:

My God can beat up your God.

Not really. My GOD created everything that exists including every component of the ATOM, space and time. Your god at best manipulates what already existed. In fact, it seems your god existed on some oddball planet at some point --- or do I understand that in error..? Anyway, my GOD doesn't have either a wife or mother --- He has no need for one and there is not one to find --- there are no other gods. There is only ONE TRUE GOD and this ONE is TRIUNE in nature.

Edited by LittleNipper
3 hours ago, LittleNipper said:

Not really. My GOD created everything that exists including every component of the ATOM, space and time. Your god at best manipulates what already existed. In fact, it seems your god existed on some oddball planet at some point --- or do I understand that in error..? Anyway, my GOD doesn't have either a wife or mother --- He has no need for one and there is not one to find --- there are no other gods. There is only ONE TRUE GOD and this ONE is TRIUNE in nature.

Mine has a perfected body so he can punch yours in his non-existent face. I win.

On 10/22/2018 at 5:05 PM, LittleNipper said:

It doesn't matter that you don't believe it. Christians do believe it and have accepted that God the Father, and God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit are three beings united as one essence which is ONE GOD. Peter believed this, Timothy believed it (MY LORD AND MY GOD). Paul believed in the trinity.

I admire your posthumous mind-reading skills.  

On 10/22/2018 at 5:05 PM, LittleNipper said:

Constantine merely was (according to tradition and nothing biblical) trying to get some clarification and a united consensus on its meaning. Jesus could have reprimanded Timothy --- he didn't. Jesus was revealing his LORDSHIP to the rich young ruler when Jesus himself said, "WHY do you call me GOOD? Only GOD is good. We all know that JESUS was GOD and perfect and became the perfect sacrifice ----- JESUS is/was GOOD and so HE is in fact GOD! GOD the Father accepted this, I accept this. BUT You don't think Jesus is GOOD? Jesus is either GOOD and GOD, or HE is not GOOD and not GOD. You cannot have it both ways. I believe Mormons tie themselves in knots trying out shine Christianity.

Jesus is Good and He is God.  So is the Father.  So is the Holy Ghost.  And though they are One God, they don't need to be a three-in-one to accomplish this.  I believe the knot-tying is being done by others, not the LDS.  

On 10/26/2018 at 9:46 AM, Stargazer said:

I admire your posthumous mind-reading skills.  

Jesus is Good and He is God.  So is the Father.  So is the Holy Ghost.  And though they are One God, they don't need to be a three-in-one to accomplish this.  I believe the knot-tying is being done by others, not the LDS.  

However, the Bible says that there is but ONE GOD. Jesus is both man and God. The Holy Spirit is God. And the Heavenly Father is God. BUT once again each is not A GOD. They ARE GOD. This conundrum separates Christians from everyone else.

Edited by LittleNipper
13 hours ago, LittleNipper said:

However, the Bible says that there is but ONE GOD. Jesus is both man and God. The Holy Spirit is God. And the Heavenly Father is God. BUT once again each is not A GOD. They ARE GOD. This conundrum separates Christians from everyone else.

And we've already established that according to your own theology, members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints are saved disciple of Christ.  It is faith in Christ which saves, not man's ability to pass a theology test.  

6 hours ago, Jane_Doe said:

And we've already established that according to your own theology, members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints are saved disciple of Christ.  It is faith in Christ which saves, not man's ability to pass a theology test.  

HOWEVER, if one believes that JESUS is not God in the flesh, then one must ask how could Jesus be the perfect sacrifice? I imagine that like many other religions there are members of the Mormon organization who believe they are going to heaven because they follow the tenets of their collective group. 

1 minute ago, Jane_Doe said:

Mormons very much acknowledge Christ's divinity.  

But Mormons seem to accept HIM as being A GOD, or another god. Mormons (and I maybe wrong) also indicate to me that they do not believe that Christ created everything that exists from nothing, but fabricated His creation from pre-existing elements. They also seem to believe that we will become gods in the manor that GOD did --- namely He existed as a created being and was perfect and got married....  This seems to me to be pagan philosophy and not at all Bible based doctrine. 

3 minutes ago, LittleNipper said:

But Mormons seem to accept HIM as being A GOD, or another god. Mormons (and I maybe wrong) also indicate to me that they do not believe that Christ created everything that exists from nothing, but fabricated His creation from pre-existing elements. They also seem to believe that we will become gods in the manor that GOD did --- namely He existed as a created being and was perfect and got married....  This seems to me to be pagan philosophy and not at all Bible based doctrine. 

You are wrong.  Let's focus on the parts about Christ: 

Members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints indeed 100% acknowledge the divinity of Christ, that He is a separate person than the Father and the Spirit, and that there's only one God.  Christ has always existed, and has never sinned in His entire existence, and has always followed the Father perfectly.  He created the Earth, was born of a virgin, lived a life on Earth, died, rose again, ascended, and will come again.  

22 minutes ago, Jane_Doe said:

You are wrong.  Let's focus on the parts about Christ: 

Members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints indeed 100% acknowledge the divinity of Christ, that He is a separate person than the Father and the Spirit, and that there's only one God.  Christ has always existed, and has never sinned in His entire existence, and has always followed the Father perfectly.  He created the Earth, was born of a virgin, lived a life on Earth, died, rose again, ascended, and will come again.  

So is this true or not?  LDS document "Scriptural Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith",  pages 345-346:

God the Father is an exalted man, native of another planet, who has acquired his divine status through a death similar to that of human beings, the necessary way to divinization .

God himself was once as we are now, and is an exalted man, and sits enthroned in yonder heavens! That is the great secret. If the veil were rent today, and the great God who holds this world in its orbit, and who upholds all worlds and all things by his power, was to make himself visible, — I say, if you were to see him today, you would see him like a man in form — like yourselves in all the person, image, and very form as a man; for Adam was created in the very fashion, image and likeness of God, and received instruction from, and walked, talked and conversed with him, as one man talks and communes with another. In order to understand the subject of the dead, for consolation of those who mourn for the loss of their friends, it is necessary we should understand the character and being of God and how he came to be so; for I am going to tell you how God came to be God. We have imagined and supposed that God was God from all eternity. I will refute that idea, and take away the veil, so that you may see. These are incomprehensible ideas to some, but they are simple. It is the first principle of the Gospel to know for a certainty the Character of God, and to know that we may converse with him as one man converses with another, and that he was once a man like us; yea, that God himself, the Father of us all, dwelt on an earth, the same as Jesus Christ himself did; and I will show it from the Bible.(cf. TPJS, pp. 345-346)

Edited by LittleNipper
2 minutes ago, LittleNipper said:

So is this true or not?  LDS document "Scriptural Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith",  pages 345-346:

God the Father is an exalted man, native of another planet, who has acquired his divine status through a death similar to that of human beings, the necessary way to divinization .

God himself was once as we are now, and is an exalted man, and sits enthroned in yonder heavens! That is the great secret. If the veil were rent today, and the great God who holds this world in its orbit, and who upholds all worlds and all things by his power, was to make himself visible, — I say, if you were to see him today, you would see him like a man in form — like yourselves in all the person, image, and very form as a man; for Adam was created in the very fashion, image and likeness of God, and received instruction from, and walked, talked and conversed with him, as one man talks and communes with another. In order to understand the subject of the dead, for consolation of those who mourn for the loss of their friends, it is necessary we should understand the character and being of God and how he came to be so; for I am going to tell you how God came to be God. We have imagined and supposed that God was God from all eternity. I will refute that idea, and take away the veil, so that you may see. These are incomprehensible ideas to some, but they are simple. It is the first principle of the Gospel to know for a certainty the Character of God, and to know that we may converse with him as one man converses with another, and that he was once a man like us; yea, that God himself, the Father of us all, dwelt on an earth, the same as Jesus Christ himself did; and I will show it from the Bible.(cf. TPJS, pp. 345-346)

Dude, these quotes aren't even about Christ.  

12 minutes ago, Jane_Doe said:

Dude, these quotes aren't even about Christ.  

These quotes concern God the Father whom Jesus is ONE with. This is the very God the Father who according to Mormon doctrine birthed everyone as spirit babies. Something is wrong. And If Joseph Smith actually believed and taught this --- wouldn't this make him at the very least a heretic worthy of whatever happened to him? I really don't see how anyone could not see the obvious implications... I didn't make this up and I didn't write this. This is from the Mormon prophet. 

I do not believe GOD the Father was an exalted man. God the Father has never been seen. Christ is the image of The Father. 

Edited by LittleNipper
Just now, LittleNipper said:

These quotes concern God the Father whom Jesus is ONE with. This is the very God the Father who according to Mormon doctrine birthed everyone as spirit babies. Something is wrong. And If Joseph Smith actually believed and taught this --- wouldn't this make him at the very least a heretic worthy of whatever happened to him? I really don't see how anyone could not see the obvious implications... I didn't make this up and I didn't write this. This is from the Mormon prophet. 

Dude, if you want to talk about the Father and disagreements with what you think LDS people believe about the Father, then come out and say so, and we can talk about it. 

If you got disagreements with LDS views on who men are, then come out and say so, and we can talk about it. 

If you would like to better understand LDS beliefs on prophets and fallibility, then come out and say so, and we can talk about it.  

But none of these subjects are Christ, and it'd be downright silly to pretend any of them are Christ.  And again, it's faith in Christ that is unto salvation.  

6 minutes ago, Jane_Doe said:

Dude, if you want to talk about the Father and disagreements with what you think LDS people believe about the Father, then come out and say so, and we can talk about it. 

If you got disagreements with LDS views on who men are, then come out and say so, and we can talk about it. 

If you would like to better understand LDS beliefs on prophets and fallibility, then come out and say so, and we can talk about it.  

But none of these subjects are Christ, and it'd be downright silly to pretend any of them are Christ.  And again, it's faith in Christ that is unto salvation.  

I am showing you what apparently your prophet believed. And if you accept what he is teaching then you are no CHRISTIAN. You are a SMITHIAN. And I can only imagine that Mr smith is now not a little hot under his collar right now. Frankly, I don't even believe most LDS even read half of what Mr. Smith wrote because they either are too frightened to face the truth or cannot be bothered. GOD NEVER was born and humans are mere created beings and I would not want any Mormon speaking on behalf of my Christian beliefs anymore than Mormons would want me speaking on behalf of theirs. 

3 minutes ago, LittleNipper said:

I am showing you what apparently your prophet believed. And if you accept what he is teaching then you are no CHRISTIAN. You are a SMITHIAN. And I can only imagine that Mr smith is now not a little hot under his collar right now. Frankly, I don't even believe most LDS even read half of what Mr. Smith wrote because they either are too frightened to face the truth or cannot be bothered. GOD NEVER was born and humans are mere created beings and I would not want any Mormon speaking on behalf of my Christian beliefs anymore than Mormons would want me speaking on behalf of theirs. 

So... you believe that salvation is dependent on men having an accurate understanding about the Father?  Not even passing a theology test about Christ, but instead passing a theology test about the Father?  

I just want to be clear about what you believe here.

10 hours ago, Jane_Doe said:

So... you believe that salvation is dependent on men having an accurate understanding about the Father?  Not even passing a theology test about Christ, but instead passing a theology test about the Father?  

I just want to be clear about what you believe here.

I believe one must depend on the Bible as the ultimate authority in spiritual matters as dictated by GOD through the moving of the Holy Spirit. Christ is under the authority of The Father. And a believer is under the authority of CHRIST. GOD did not evolve from a human created by some other god long ago. Anyone who imagines that doesn't KNOW GOD and GOD doesn't know them. Oh, HE knows OF THEM but they are not one of HIS SHEEP. A person who knows Christ (GOD WITH US), is not going to be taken in for very long by stories and doctrines that paint a decidedly wrong picture of who and what GOD is --- anymore than one can spread rumors and lies regarding our parents. Sheep know their shepherd and the Shepherd knows His sheep.

1 hour ago, LittleNipper said:

I believe one must depend on the Bible as the ultimate authority in spiritual matters as dictated by GOD through the moving of the Holy Spirit. Christ is under the authority of The Father. And a believer is under the authority of CHRIST. GOD did not evolve from a human created by some other god long ago. Anyone who imagines that doesn't KNOW GOD and GOD doesn't know them. Oh, HE knows OF THEM but they are not one of HIS SHEEP. A person who knows Christ (GOD WITH US), is not going to be taken in for very long by stories and doctrines that paint a decidedly wrong picture of who and what GOD is --- anymore than one can spread rumors and lies regarding our parents. Sheep know their shepherd and the Shepherd knows His sheep.

So... do  you believe that salvation is dependent on men passing a theology test about the Father?   

10 hours ago, Jane_Doe said:

So... do  you believe that salvation is dependent on men passing a theology test about the Father?   

Salvation is founded on the realization that only GOD saves. That GOD provides the faith to accept HIM and that CHRIST is in fact GOD. One is actually giving himself to GOD and saying I'm am totally worthless without YOU LORD GOD! Take my life and make something of it for your glory.

47 minutes ago, LittleNipper said:

Salvation is founded on the realization that only GOD saves. That GOD provides the faith to accept HIM and that CHRIST is in fact GOD. One is actually giving himself to GOD and saying I'm am totally worthless without YOU LORD GOD! Take my life and make something of it for your glory.

That's fantastic that you believe salvation comes through accepting faith in Christ and giving yourself to Him.  I totally agree, down to the marrow of my bones.

I'm glad that is clear, even if I still don't understand your earlier concerns about passing a theology test on the Father. 

9 hours ago, Jane_Doe said:

That's fantastic that you believe salvation comes through accepting faith in Christ and giving yourself to Him.  I totally agree, down to the marrow of my bones.

I'm glad that is clear, even if I still don't understand your earlier concerns about passing a theology test on the Father. 

So, make the move and continue to make JESUS the MESSIAH the LORD and controlling force in your life and not Mormonism. Find a body of Bible Believers.

Edited by LittleNipper
3 hours ago, LittleNipper said:

So, make the move and continue to make JESUS the MESSIAH the LORD and controlling force in your life and not Mormonism. Find a body of Bible Believers.

Dude: Jesus is the Messiah and my Lord, and my head.  And I go where He tells me, which is right here.  

I know you don't want to see that, and you have a mountain of misconceptions about what I believe, and I'm happy to clarify things for you (if you want them clarified).  But leaving Christ ain't happening.  

Edited by Jane_Doe
8 hours ago, Jane_Doe said:

Dude: Jesus is the Messiah and my Lord, and my head.  And I go where He tells me, which is right here.  

I know you don't want to see that, and you have a mountain of misconceptions about what I believe, and I'm happy to clarify things for you (if you want them clarified).  But leaving Christ ain't happening.  

It isn't about what I wish to see. Salvation is purely a personal relationship between you and the Father through the LORD JESUS the Messiah, who sends to anyone who trusts on HIM the Comforter/Holy Spirit. If you have any misconceptions concerning HIS CHURCH, I would be more than happy to assist in anyway GOD allows me that blessing. The only conception of the Mormon organization I have is that it seems far more commercial/materialistic than spiritually coherent. And that it depends on a Joseph Smith for his additional enlightenment apart from the Word of GOD. 

Edited by LittleNipper
1 minute ago, LittleNipper said:

It isn't about what I wish to see. Salvation is purely a personal relationship between you and the Father through the LORD JESUS the Messiah, who sends to anyone who trusts on HIM the Comforter/Holy Spirit. 

Good: we're agreed upon this and the fact that members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints are saved.

1 minute ago, LittleNipper said:

If you have any misconceptions concerning HIS CHURCH, I would be more than happy to assist in anyway GOD allows me that blessing. The only conception of the Mormon organization I have is that it seems far more commercial/materialistic than spiritual coherent. And that it depends on a Joseph Smith for his additional enlightenment apart from the Word of GOD. 

Heh, on that we're just going to have to respectfully disagree.  :)  

On 10/28/2018 at 9:21 PM, LittleNipper said:

Well, let us know if you find Joseph Smith down there when you arrive.