Seriously No Politics ×

I need help finding the written policy

bsjkki

3 minutes ago, bsjkki said:

I was informed that you can not do a fire drill or practice drill for emergency situations at the church. I have no argument with this policy but can not find it on lds.org or any handbook. Anyone know where to find it?

There is no such policy in the handbook. 

1 hour ago, bsjkki said:

I was informed that you can not do a fire drill or practice drill for emergency situations at the church. I have no argument with this policy but can not find it on lds.org or any handbook. Anyone know where to find it?

FWIW In my old stake we had an annual emergency drill, testing our emergency communications and response capabilities. The test always included communicating with our regional bishops storehouse by Ham radio, and home teachers briefly visiting as many families as possible, and reporting the contacts via alternate comms channels (e.g. Ham radio). This didn't go against any churchwide policy, apparently 

16 minutes ago, bsjkki said:

Maybe it is a stake policy but someone else references it in this thread. https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21278 Maybe it's one of those things that are known and not written down?

There is no policy in either handbooks 1 or 2 relating to fire drills.  I would imagine that with the number of local jurisdictions that church buildings fall under it would prove impossible for the church to write a regulation that could apply globally.  Church FM groups are responsible for seeing that buildings are compliant with local fire regulations.

3 hours ago, bsjkki said:

Handbook 1 has the following statement:

5.1.3  Emergencies

The stake president directs the stake council in preparing a simple written plan for the stake to respond to emergencies. This plan should be coordinated with similar plans of other stakes in the coordinating council and with plans in the community.

The stake council makes assignments for carrying out the stake’s emergency response plan. The council periodically reviews and updates these assignments.

Care should be exercised so emergency planning does not promote fear. Mock emergency exercises should not be conducted.

This doesn't seem to be talking about fire drills, though.

6 hours ago, Nevo said:

5.1.3  Emergencies

The stake president directs the stake council in preparing a simple written plan for the stake to respond to emergencies. This plan should be coordinated with similar plans of other stakes in the coordinating council and with plans in the community.

The stake council makes assignments for carrying out the stake’s emergency response plan. The council periodically reviews and updates these assignments.

Care should be exercised so emergency planning does not promote fear. Mock emergency exercises should not be conducted.

Interesting. This would seem to go against what my old stake used to do, but this isn't a new policy is it?

13 hours ago, Nevo said:

Handbook 1 has the following statement:

I can see where the confusion is coming from. No mention of this outside handbook one in the emergency prep information or in handbook two but Priesthood leaders have read that sentence.