Well, that was entertaining and a little scary

Rain

The recovery room nurses must hear lots of strange comments.  A few years ago I was coming to after surgery.  I looked at my nurse, who was very attractive and said, "Wow, you're awful pretty for a space alien."  She smiled. Probably hadn't heard that one before. 

My daughter told us she was "standard" when asked how she was doing while waking up after ELectroconvulsive therapy (thankfully she reacts very well to it except one time, however putting an IV in has now become a bit traumatic for us all because she has started to pass out..gets her on the gurney faster so she doesn't mind).

We (the nurse and I) chuckled...and then she kept saying it for 5 minutes (or so it seemed) and thought she was saying something profound.  Yeah, I'm standard.  Iam standard.  Standard.  Standard...

Yeah, got the message.

She is very disappointed she hasn't used it since.  No real funny stuff lately, just mumbles and looks of disbelief we can't understand her.

On 7/20/2018 at 3:31 PM, SeekerB said:

The recovery room nurses must hear lots of strange comments.  A few years ago I was coming to after surgery.  I looked at my nurse, who was very attractive and said, "Wow, you're awful pretty for a space alien."  She smiled. Probably hadn't heard that one before. 

My close friends refuse to tell me what I said in the recovery room, and I have no memory of it.  Some of those anasthetics are really truth serum -- such as sodium pentothol.