Seriously No Politics ×

Someone was arrested for trespassing

22 hours ago, provoman said:

Not going to post the persons name, but he was arrested for tresspassing at Salt Lake City Temple. He potentially faces 6 months in jail and a $1000.00US fine.

I just watched his video on YouTube.  It as actually the South Jordan temple (where he was arrested) from what he states on the video. 

3 hours ago, rpn said:

Well if he repeatedly gets caught, and he says his photo is in all temple security books of known problems (he worked in the SL Temple security detail for several years, himself), and the jurisdictions get his record of being caught (trespass is a misdemeanor), then yes he may eventually serve jail time.   But there probably isn't any jurisdiction where the sentence is longer than a year in jail, and since it is a non violent crime and jails are full, pretty unlikely that he'll ever serve that.

Contempt can cause people to spend a very long time in jail. At some point some judge is going to get good and offended at his contemptuous behavior and give him an "uttermost farthing" jail stay.

5 minutes ago, USU78 said:

Contempt can cause people to spend a very long time in jail. At some point some judge is going to get good and offended at his contemptuous behavior and give him an "uttermost farthing" jail stay.

Which they should if it can be done legally and if the punishment matches the crime.  

I've actually been in a group where this guy got up to speak (I was invited by a family member to this gathering) and I have to say that he's one crazy guy!

3 hours ago, ALarson said:

Thanks (I don't live in that area...or even in Utah, so hear it referred to as the South Jordan Temple), I was quoting what he said in the video.  Nice to know the "official" name :) 

Seems others refer to it as the South Jordan Temple too:

https://fox13now.com/2018/05/22/south-jordan-temple-officially-reopens/

“South Jordan temple” seems awfully provincial — which makes it ironic that someone from outside the area would refer to it by that name. But it’s not a big deal. 

5 hours ago, USU78 said:

his arrogance - he is convinced that he alone will destroy the entirety of the churh - will most certainly land him in jail for contempt or other violation.

I wish the Church would include lds.org as part of the tresspass

Edited by provoman
1 hour ago, The Nehor said:

This is what we get for not expanding capital punishment to trespassing charges. :( 

Hyperbolate much?

"Uttermost farthing" means sitting for the statutory max . One year.

Just an FYI, Trespassing is a criminal offense, but we should not forget that the Church, if they desire, can also go after him in a civil suit. Trespassing is also a tort, (an act that has civil liability consequences).

In a civil suit the burden of proof is less and the church can be awarded not just monetary damages, but punitive damages. We know the church does not need any money, but if the court decided on this type of action, it could be another way to deter him from what seems to be a consistent behavior with him. It would probably make him at least think twice before he does it again, because it can start to add up.