Seriously No Politics ×

Recent board glitches

Just fired up my old iPad as I was waiting for this one to charge and while the edit button is still there (though it doesn't work), quote button is completely gone.

I can use that when my numbness flares up and resisting posting is too hard and dictation error to annoying.  :)

Today a post that took me an hour or more to compose went into the bitbucket with a 403 Forbidden. Horrifying.

But probably saved me , since I got too worked up and said some semi-mean things in there.

I have been getting 403 Access Denied over and over again for the past few days.  It's gotten so bad I can't post much any longer.  In fact, I expect this post to go into the same bucket.

For a period of time (recently) I was having trouble opening certain threads that weren't more than a single page. Ctrl + clicking to open in a new tab put the address for the page but the actual page wouldn't load. I would have to manually append "?page=1" to the end of the URL to get it to appear. I figured it was something weird with Chrome or my ad blocker - either that or it was a sign that I should just ignore certain poster's threads. ;)

14 hours ago, Nemesis said:

we just upgraded software and have recached the site and hopefully that has fixed it. 

Sadly, I'm still getting the 403 Forbidden.  

The board software (Invision) runs on PHP and MySql, which typically (but not always) run on a server using the Apache web server software.  Apache is ubiquitous, so I am assuming this is the case here.  

Here's a web page which gives some of the conditions which might cause 403 Forbidden on an Apache server:

https://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/apache-403-forbidden-error-and-solution/

In particular, check out item "g", which suggests examining the server or site log for errors.  

Hope this helps.

Edited by Stargazer

I've been posting today a number of times and so far the 403 Forbidden hasn't cropped up.  Maybe it's fixed?  Gosh I hope so.

On 5/23/2018 at 8:34 PM, Nemesis said:

we just upgraded software and have recached the site and hopefully that has fixed it. 

Just to note what I just posted in general -- I started posting this evening (afternoon for you guys) and so far the dreaded 403 hasn't surfaced again.  Perhaps it is finally fixed.  I hope so.

• 5 weeks later...

I am consistently writing comments and then clicking return only to have my entire paragraph disappear. I have gotten to the point of just not commenting - which may be a good thing. However, it is annoying. I use Microsoft Edge - don't know if that has something to do with it. It has been happening for the last month or so.