Seriously No Politics ×

Notifications

SJR3t2

Hmmm.  When I click on a notification all of the new ones lose their bolded status (which is kind of annoying if there are a lot because then I can't remember which one's I've look at and which one's I haven't and sometimes miss some).  Do your's not to that?

3 minutes ago, bluebell said:

Hmmm.  When I click on a notification all of the new ones lose their bolded status (which is kind of annoying if there are a lot because then I can't remember which one's I've look at and which one's I haven't and sometimes miss some).  Do your's not to that?

Thats not happening for me, maybe it's my browsers fault.

6 minutes ago, Robert F. Smith said:

Look at the number and remember it.  Then proceed through each one in turn until finished.

That can be cumbersome if you have a couple of dozen or more to look at.

I go down until I get to the last bolded one (the new ones) and then look at the time stamp and use that to keep track of where I want to stop.

Edited by Calm
11 hours ago, SJR3t2 said:

okay thanks for letting me know. I primarily use Edge, it's not perfect, but nor is Firefox my second choice.

I've had a confusing browser story with this site.  My preferred browser used to be Internet Explorer (please don't judge me!), but then for a time, I couldn't edit posts in IE, and I had to switch to Firefox. That was years ago.  Then FF wouldn't work well, and neither would IE, so I switched to Chrome, and that has become my preferred browser.  Now all three work fine, and as far as I can tell, all three work the same with regard to notifications.

It might be due to your status as newby.  There are a number of things you can't do on the site until you hit 25 posts, perhaps the notifications thing is one of those things?  I don't know.

Edited to add: except I see you're over 25 posts, so...  

Edited by Stargazer
9 hours ago, Calm said:

That can be cumbersome if you have a couple of dozen or more to look at.

I go down until I get to the last bolded one (the new ones) and then look at the time stamp and use that to keep track of where I want to stop.

The bolding is not changing

3 hours ago, SJR3t2 said:

The bolding is not changing

Let me add to the confusion. 

My bolding changes as ever, but suddenly in Chrome I can't "Like" a post, but in Edge I can!

This is so very weird.

Edited to add: OK, I guess I can like a post in Chrome, I just have to click twice.  It's still weird.

Edited by Stargazer