Seriously No Politics ×

Mormon women’s temple garments just got a lot better

JAHS

36 minutes ago, MorningStar said:

I recently got some stretch cotton and told the lady at the distribution center, "I think I knew these in the pre-existence." 

Post of the year.

:snort::snort::snort:

Hoping to get in next week when I have enough time to try everything on.  Either that or it is going to be get one of each.

Edited by Calm
1 hour ago, Duncan said:

I hate the tags!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cut mine out, if God has a problem with that, he knows where I live and how to reach meB:)

Hmm...I do this too.  It now becomes obvious why I, of all my father's children, got a triple batch of his genetic disorder.  I have been cursed.

2 hours ago, Calm said:

Post of the year.

:snort::snort::snort:

Hoping to get in next week when I have enough time to try everything on.  Either that or it is going to be get one of each.

Indeed it was. :) 

9 hours ago, The Nehor said:

Without the tags there is about 50% chance I would put them on backwards after my morning shower. I envy those who do not need this crutch.

The labels are still there but they are just silk-screened on.

The silk screening on the inside of the garment is an interesting change. It seems clear that the importance of the symbols is for the individual and are there as a reminder, but how often will someone see the symbol in the inside.

Or am I mistaken and the symbols are still on the outside?

I wonder if this will open the door to individuals being allowed to mark their own garments again as it will be such an incredibly easy thing to do.

52 minutes ago, HappyJackWagon said:

The silk screening on the inside of the garment is an interesting change. It seems clear that the importance of the symbols is for the individual and are there as a reminder, but how often will someone see the symbol in the inside.

Or am I mistaken and the symbols are still on the outside?

I wonder if this will open the door to individuals being allowed to mark their own garments again as it will be such an incredibly easy thing to do.

They still show on the outside of the garment, but they don't show on the outside of shirts because they aren't a raised mark, which is the big thing.  A lot of women are now wearing their bras underneath their garment tops so the raised symbol easily shows through on t-shirts.  This keeps that from happening.  

I hope the new stretch cotton bottoms fit.  The A-waist Carinessa bottoms fit me perfectly (and nothing else really did), but they stopped making them. :angry:   I've been putting off buying new garments in hopes that something that fits will come along.

On 3/16/2018 at 4:24 PM, Traela said:

I hope the new stretch cotton bottoms fit.  The A-waist Carinessa bottoms fit me perfectly (and nothing else really did), but they stopped making them. :angry:   I've been putting off buying new garments in hopes that something that fits will come along.

I didn't know the Carinessa bottoms were discontinued, hopefully the new bottoms work. I like the new tops except for feeling a little constricted around my middle area. Going to buy the bottoms this week. 

They have been tested to last at least a year, assuming washed at least once a week, that is 50.  Probably more like 3 times in two weeks since they would likely test for those who can't afford a lot of changes, so probably closer to 70.

Edited by Calm
14 hours ago, Tacenda said:

I didn't know the Carinessa bottoms were discontinued, hopefully the new bottoms work. I like the new tops except for feeling a little constricted around my middle area. Going to buy the bottoms this week. 

It's only the A-waists that are gone.  The B-waists are still available, but they don't fit me at all.

The quality of screening makes a big difference.  I have some no tag items that have lasted years with at least a hundred washings.  Others came off pretty quickly.  It helps to cold wash and use low on the dryer, probably need to avoid bleach.

1 hour ago, Calm said:

The quality of screening makes a big difference.  I have some no tag items that have lasted years with at least a hundred washings.  Others came off pretty quickly.  It helps to cold wash and use low on the dryer, probably need to avoid bleach.

The label also said to not wash with a fabric softener.

1 hour ago, Tacenda said:

The label also said to not wash with a fabric softener.

Yes, the fabric softener coats the fabric and destroys the wicking/quick dry ability.

That also disappears over time so after a year or so, using fabric softener might not be a problem...though I wouldn't do it.

I have some shirts I love so much that I only wear them to bed now because they have big holes in them.  The screen printed tag is still very much there.

You can use vinegar instead of fabric softener. Cheaper. It is supposed to be disinfectant,  but I have not researched that. The smell goes away.

Edited by Rain
7 minutes ago, Rain said:

I have some shirts I love so much that I only wear them to bed now because they have big holes in them.  The screen printed tag is still very much there.

You can use vinear instead of fabric softener. Cheaper. It is supposed to be disinfectant,  but I have not researched that. The smell goes away.

Hadn't thought of that...vinegar, I use it for spot cleaning and used to use apple cider vinegar on my hair.