Jump to content

How to talk to normal people?


poptart

Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, poptart said:

So, how do I talk to normal coworkers who are religious?  I like running, boxing, firearms the out doors, video games and anime, I have nothing in common with them, conversation is difficult.

Like they're normal people who like running, boxing, firearms the out doors, video games and anime.  I'm a particular fan of anime and video games (super enjoying the new Monster Hunter right now).   

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Jane_Doe said:

Like they're normal people who like running, boxing, firearms the out doors, video games and anime.  I'm a particular fan of anime and video games (super enjoying the new Monster Hunter right now).   

>monster Hunter 

Wow!!!!!!!!! You're now one of my faves!!!  What weapon?

Like the new berserk?

Link to comment

It won't hurt them to be exposed to things they don't usually think/talk about, just like it doesn't hurt you.   Besides good conversationalists often spend more time listening and understanding than talking.

Edited by rpn
Link to comment
1 hour ago, poptart said:

Monster Hunter is love monster Hunter is life, we're all equal.  

 

Usually dual sword, switch to bow for ranged or long sword when I need to pile on damage.

Way back when had almost full red fatalis armor, just needed a few gravios plates.

How do I talk to game people when this might as well be Chinese?

Link to comment
5 hours ago, mfbukowski said:

How do I talk to game people when this might as well be Chinese?

You just stand in awe that they play such an awesome game!

Seriously, I had never heard of this game before, either, but is apparently popular.  Here's a review of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBxeTJusD2M

As for games, I waste enough time with World of Tanks and World of Warships.  I don't need any more time wasters.  

 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Stargazer said:

You just stand in awe that they play such an awesome game!

Seriously, I had never heard of this game before, either, but is apparently popular.  Here's a review of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBxeTJusD2M

As for games, I waste enough time with World of Tanks and World of Warships.  I don't need any more time wasters.  

 

Monster Hunter is insanely popular. 

Link to comment
11 hours ago, poptart said:

So, how do I talk to normal coworkers who are religious?  I like running, boxing, firearms the out doors, video games and anime, I have nothing in common with them, conversation is difficult.

Please define "normal." If I am normal, (fairly religious) then the rest of the religious world is sort of screwed up. ;)

Now, if they are religious people that only wish to talk about religious subjects, you have some problems. But in my experience, I have had little problems finding subjects of common interest to talk about that were not religious in nature with people whose religious views differ greatly from my own.

Glenn

Link to comment
On 1/27/2018 at 8:39 PM, Glenn101 said:

Please define "normal." If I am normal, (fairly religious) then the rest of the religious world is sort of screwed up. ;)

Now, if they are religious people that only wish to talk about religious subjects, you have some problems. But in my experience, I have had little problems finding subjects of common interest to talk about that were not religious in nature with people whose religious views differ greatly from my own.

Glenn

I avoid religion like the plauge.  One coworker asked if I was going to mass for Christmas, most of the time when religion does come up that' usually the first guess.  They're not too far off...

That aside yeah I avoid it, people pick fights over it, I just keep quiet.  It's hard, usually they're busy with kids and what not, about the only common ground with a few of them is I play the same PlayStation games their kids do.

Link to comment
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...