Seriously No Politics ×

Did anyone else get a Pro-Islam PM, here at Christmas?

16 minutes ago, Bill "Papa" Lee said:

I received a PM (Personal Message) that was aimed at Mormonism on this website. Did anyone else get such a message, it was well presented, using many scriptural passages. However it seemed odd to get one here, and as a message via a PM. Did anyone else receive one of these? 

Yes

7 minutes ago, bluebell said:

Who was it from?

Give me a min... 

ETA: I had reported it, so it must have been removed. So, I cannot give their screen name, and know of no other. 

Edited by Bill "Papa" Lee
1 hour ago, strappinglad said:

To answer your question....no. but I gave you a rep point so as to get you off that nasty 666 total. :D

I had not noticed, but thank you. I once had a phone number that ended with 666, and my mom asked me to have it changed. But during my days as a Policer Officer and Inspector, for 23 years with the City of Atlanta. My guess is that many thought I was their own "anti-Christ". But thankfully not all, as I tried to be fair and even handed. 

57 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

No, I missed out. And just when I was considering conversion to radical fundamentalist Islam. Guess they do not care. :( 

Wow, and I thought about forwarding  it to you; not. 

2 hours ago, Bill "Papa" Lee said:

I received a PM (Personal Message) that was aimed at Mormonism on this website. Did anyone else get such a message, it was well presented, using many scriptural passages. However it seemed odd to get one here, and as a message via a PM. Did anyone else receive one of these? 

Yep.  I tried saying "hi" back to the person.  Never got a response.  

33 minutes ago, Jane_Doe said:

Yep.  I tried saying "hi" back to the person.  Never got a response.  

I tried before and thanked  him for thinking of me, but, never heard from him again ,but I felt, I had found the most correct Faith (as I remember). But also, there was no reply. My take is he that he or her only sought a one way exchange. I would have enjoyed a two way exchange, but like almost every Muslim, as well as Jehovah Wittiness, I have known. They  feel that such exchanges are being untrue or unfaithful to their respective Faith's. Once back, but in the U.S.  while still in the Army around 1983, someone was (as was I) we were discussing our Faith's (his Jehovah Witness) and mine (Latter-day Saint). I asked him if he could read something, 2 Nephi (chapters) 9-10, out loud concerning the atonement. He told me that he would have no objection, if I wished to do so.As he viewed doing it himself as being, (Spiritual Adultery"). Since we were up all night,.as we served on a medivac helicopter. Also since we were waiting for a mission if needed, I asked if he would object if I read it out loud to him? He had no objection, so I did so, and afterward he told me that he enjoyed it, and "it was very beautiful,reading,.  when I asked  iff I could do it next time if we served together again. He told me "yes though despite  our differences". He said, "but only after he asked  my Church Elders,. But he never wanted me to do it again. And because that he did enjoy hearing it, but because he was told "no", he never asked me to do it again. So he was told no more or what or,whyI. because it was so powerful (as he told me) that he feared to let me do so again. This is why I think the best thing we can do, is to simply give others the Book of Mormon, in most cases, and then let the Spirit do the rest. 

5 hours ago, Bill "Papa" Lee said:

As I recall, the purpose of the email was to demonstrate that Islam venerates Jesus of Nazareth in many ways, and the author went on to heap much praise upon him. The only problem is, in spite of all that praise, they deny he is the literal Son of God whose atoning sacrifice cleanses the repentant of sin and brings to pass the resurrection of the dead into heavenly glory. Islam teaches heaven is obtained without any need for an atoning sacrifice.

13 hours ago, Rain said:

Yes. I got one just before Christmas from "Goya". I wondered if I had been picked out because I had recently talked about refugees.

My guess is he or her could not send  it out to the thousands who are members (despite thei inactivity). But as someone noted, he, her and Islam deny the divinity of Jesus Christ. They speak of him in name only, but they have different view of his birth. They put an Arab, and desert spin on it, believing or teaching that he was born  under a palm tree, they also deny the virgin birth. They do teach he was a Prophet, but nothing more. They believe he will come again along with Mohamed, but that Mohamed is greater than he is, and as Prophet, a much mightier Prophhet. Despite believing in Abraham, Moses, Jesus and others. Their teachings call for the hate, and destruction of all Jews. Despite different "sects", this destruction of all Jews is the one thing that unities them. Even some Mornon scholars believe him to be a Prophets. However all true Prophets, past and present believe Jesus and hint at his divinity, no matter the name they call him. All foretold or believe of His coming to deliver Israel. Be it those who are literal Israel, or those believers who become Israel, or Israelites by belief. Those who teach otherwise and call those who do not believe this are false teachers, and seek to deceive true believers, in and out of the true Church. They deserve no more credence than any other apostate. It is not my desire to offend, but only to speak the truth, which sadly in our world (or any time) does offend. This is the truth and always has been. I know there are scholars at BYU, and others institutions who are well respected, and I have learned much from them. But they need to stop exalting some they call "Prophets", namely Mohamed, and teach the truth only. Also those who send such PM's, should respect the goal of this website, which is to promote the truth, and the true Gospel. 

37 minutes ago, mnn727 said:

I feel left out now. :(

Don't, they cannot PM, the thousands here, despite the fact that many are inactive. "Chin up" my friend. You know, stif upper lip, and all that stuff. 

14 hours ago, Rain said:

Yes. I got one just before Christmas from "Goya". I wondered if I had been picked out because I had recently talked about refugees.

Thanks for the name. Has he posted here before, other than PM's? 

20 hours ago, Bill "Papa" Lee said:

I got one as well.  The message had several references to the Koran, which showed (as I recall) that Muslims hold Jesus and Mary in fairly high regard.  I responded with thanks for furthering my understanding of Islam as well as an expression of my personal belief that our Father in Heaven (Allah) works through all religions to accomplish His purposes. 

17 hours ago, Bill "Papa" Lee said:

I tried before and thanked  him for thinking of me, but, never heard from him again ,but I felt, I had found the most correct Faith (as I remember). But also, there was no reply. My take is he that he or her only sought a one way exchange. I would have enjoyed a two way exchange, but like almost every Muslim, as well as Jehovah Wittiness, I have known. They  feel that such exchanges are being untrue or unfaithful to their respective Faith's. 

I too enjoy two way exchanges (hence why I spend so much time doing interfaith stuff).  FWIW, I've found that the "I just want to preach to you hit-and-run style" isn't especially a JW & Muslim thing.  Rather it's a more equally spread out through adherents of all different human theologies/philosophies.   I've met JW that are very inter-faith chatty friendly, LDS who shun the idea, etc.