Seriously No Politics ×

Happy Thanksgiving from Jeanne!

Jeanne

Thank you.  I have been alone before on Thanksgiving and I understand the feeling.  

We are in Utah now, so, my family is all back in Texas, and my wife's is in Oklahoma.  Our youngest sin is with us, and our oldest daughter will pop by late passing thru on her way to her new home on the East Coast.  We have invited 6 missionaries for Thanksgiving Dinner.

I wish you all the blessing possible.  Be well.  Be Blessed.

Hugs from Utah

I was just thinking I wanted to take lots of pictures.  My dad is starting a new chemo soon and I think he will lose his hair with this one.  We have a family photo shoot on Dec. 23rd, but I think he'll be too sick to make it, so I want to get lots of photos of him with the grandkids.

Happy Thanksgiving, Jeanne!  I wish you didn't have to be alone. :(  

31 minutes ago, MorningStar said:

I was just thinking I wanted to take lots of pictures.  My dad is starting a new chemo soon and I think he will lose his hair with this one.  We have a family photo shoot on Dec. 23rd, but I think he'll be too sick to make it, so I want to get lots of photos of him with the grandkids.

Happy Thanksgiving, Jeanne!  I wish you didn't have to be alone. :(  

Oooo...I am okay...and so glad you will be taking pictures...hang on to everything.  I hope you Dad (and your family) can get through this.  I will be seeing mu Dad later today.  He know longer knows what is what.  He saw my sister the other day coming through the ceiling...selling drugs..;) I so admire you and your strength...amazing what strength one has when there is suddenly no choice.  Have a wonderful day!!!  Thank you for your thoughts.  Hugs...Jeanne

47 minutes ago, UtahTexan said:

Thank you.  I have been alone before on Thanksgiving and I understand the feeling.  

We are in Utah now, so, my family is all back in Texas, and my wife's is in Oklahoma.  Our youngest sin is with us, and our oldest daughter will pop by late passing thru on her way to her new home on the East Coast.  We have invited 6 missionaries for Thanksgiving Dinner.

Hugs from Utah

Thank you..I know you understand.  People popping in and out seems to be all about the Holidays..just enjoy and I appreciate your thoughts and blessings.

3 hours ago, Jeanne said:

Just hoping everyone is enjoying the day....I am alone.  But hey...so not alone.  Today I rejoice in so many good and happy Thanksgivings...and  so very grateful that I can remember  

Peace..

Jeanne

Hello Jeanne... 

I could have written this... because I, too, am alone.  But as you, I have so many wonderful memories of Thanksgivings past... in fact, this is a particularly difficult holiday for me because through the years no matter where I was living (San Fran. Oregon) my dear husband would have to drive me back to So Cal to share Thanksgiving with my family.  Oh how my sis and I loved to putter in the kitchen with mom... we would talk and laugh as we prepared the meal, set the table (mom always used her best white tablecloths, crystal, silver, and china)... My mom baked pies like no one else, particularly her mince pie... her crusts were made from scratch and so light and flaky (Crisco)... we combined Thanksgiving and Christmas, and after dinner would gather round the fire in the living room and exchange gifts because we would not be able to gather at Christmas, which made Thanksgiving even more special... 

Today I'm widowed, here in Oregon... sis is in Missouri... our folks are gone... my childhood home has been sold... I miss my family so much today.   But, I could have gone up to the Church for dinner because they always put on a big get together with all the trimmings for anyone who wants to come... I thought I would attend, but then I decided just to stay home and fix a meal (I bought an 11-lb turkey).  So I'm puttering, quite thankful for my blessings... talking to Bobby-cat... watching it rain heavily, glad to be inside, warm and comfortable in my little cottage by-the-sea... 

So Happy Thanksgiving everyone...  GG

Edited by Garden Girl
1 hour ago, UtahTexan said:

Hugs from Utah

Hello dear Cuz... to you and Susan... Bart and Caesar...  Love to you all...

How wonderful you are inviting the missionaries... they are far from home and family so I know they appreciate it... enjoy the Day!

Love from the beach...GG

Thanks Jeanne! I appreciate your thoughts and I will try to work on it! ;) I have been alone on Thanksgiving before and it's hard. Glad you enjoyed it and you have great memories to hold on to. I'm sure your family were missing you! Here's to more wonderful memories ahead! Cheers! :)

I didn't take pictures at dinner. I didn't even think of it!  But I took pictures at the Turkey Trot when 3 of the 4 of us volunteered and 1 of us ran. Luckily one of my ward members also took more pictures of my son where I could see him. 

Jeanne - did you not work Thanksgiving? My son and DIL were not allowed to ask off at their Walmart on Thanksgiving, but we'e for Black Friday. 

Since moving here we have my husband's coworkers and various other people to Thanksgiving. This year my daughter also invited college friends. We had several accept and then found out my son would have to work. So today we will have a second Thanksgiving with them.