Reflection

poptart

Now that the funeral is a few days behind me I've had time to reflect.  Was a Lutheran funeral, was the first time mom him and I had been to church in well, over a decade and the last.  Made me remember what I always liked about Lutheranism, all the tradition without the guilt.  

Anyway, the past 5 years had me exposed to so much misery,  had a few people I know die, almost od'D myself, on the street and overall make me a very mentally unstable individual for a while.  Now, it' all over.  Looking back, he had issues, the bottle, mental problems,  etc.  Was the copd that did him in the end, irony it was the copd that made his alcoholism the ultimate coping mechanism.  Scary, he died just how th3 doctors said he would years ago, I don't envy him.  In the end he left mom with some Insurance,  enough to cover everything.  I can't help but wonder now just how much of all this was made worse due to copd.  Real lesson to me, nothing kills like alcoholism.  Also, for once there's comfort that this life has an end, this isn't forever, someday it all ends, there is an end and freedom in the end of this world.  In a way death is a thing to look forward too, especially when I look at how things are going nowadays that I'll be good and dead by the time things really get serious.  Taking things slowly over the weekend had a chance to watch Lord of the rings, I remember how things were even then and how much things have changed now, and cringe even more when I look at the degenerate garbage making things even worse.  I look at how I was among the saints for a bit, have to say they right about the family thing,  for once the idea of being good and dead, being with your own kind for all time, not having to deal with this world anymore sounds pretty good.

1 hour ago, poptart said:

Now that the funeral is a few days behind me I've had time to reflect.  Was a Lutheran funeral, was the first time mom him and I had been to church in well, over a decade and the last.  Made me remember what I always liked about Lutheranism, all the tradition without the guilt.  

Anyway, the past 5 years had me exposed to so much misery,  had a few people I know die, almost od'D myself, on the street and overall make me a very mentally unstable individual for a while.  Now, it' all over.  Looking back, he had issues, the bottle, mental problems,  etc.  Was the copd that did him in the end, irony it was the copd that made his alcoholism the ultimate coping mechanism.  Scary, he died just how th3 doctors said he would years ago, I don't envy him.  In the end he left mom with some Insurance,  enough to cover everything.  I can't help but wonder now just how much of all this was made worse due to copd.  Real lesson to me, nothing kills like alcoholism.  Also, for once there's comfort that this life has an end, this isn't forever, someday it all ends, there is an end and freedom in the end of this world.  In a way death is a thing to look forward too, especially when I look at how things are going nowadays that I'll be good and dead by the time things really get serious.  Taking things slowly over the weekend had a chance to watch Lord of the rings, I remember how things were even then and how much things have changed now, and cringe even more when I look at the degenerate garbage making things even worse.  I look at how I was among the saints for a bit, have to say they right about the family thing,  for once the idea of being good and dead, being with your own kind for all time, not having to deal with this world anymore sounds pretty good.

Well, then get your genealogy done, Poptart.  Get it all lined out as best you can on Familysearch.org (it's free and you don't have to be LDS) and then later the whole family can get together for a fabulous debriefing -- on the other side of the veil.

On 11/6/2017 at 8:31 PM, Robert F. Smith said:

Well, then get your genealogy done, Poptart.  Get it all lined out as best you can on Familysearch.org (it's free and you don't have to be LDS) and then later the whole family can get together for a fabulous debriefing -- on the other side of the veil.

Already have it, both sides always kept good records.  Looking forward to watching the world burn on the other side.