Seriously No Politics ×

Star Wars Speculation

Rivers

15 hours ago, Rivers said:

The new Star Wars movie comes out next month.  Anybody got any good theories about Rey's parentage, the identity of Snoke, etc.?  I know this is has been done to death already on the internet but I can't get enough of it.

Are you familiar with the LDS theology enmeshed in the Star Wars saga?  Here is an example:

Benjamin Urrutia, “The Force That Can Be Explained Is Not The True Force,” Dialogue, 11/3 (Aut 1978):100-101, online at https://www.dialoguejournal.com/wp-content/uploads/sbi/articles/Dialogue_V11N03_102.pdf .

On 11/3/2017 at 9:39 PM, Rivers said:

The new Star Wars movie comes out next month.  Anybody got any good theories about Rey's parentage, the identity of Snoke, etc.?  I know this is has been done to death already on the internet but I can't get enough of it.

*sigh* another "how many midiclorians can dance on the head of a sparklemint stick?" thread...

My hope:

1) Rey and Leiah play a key role together to defeat Kylo Ren.

2) I dont’t want Ren to turn good, I want him destroyed. After killing Han, he has to die. (Weird since I am glad Anakin turned good, even after killing children)

3) I hope Leiah shows some killer Jedi moves and power. 

4) I hope Luke shows some even more killer Jedi moves and power.

5) I think Snoke’s use of the Force is from a very ancient form of Force users, predating the Sith.

6) I hope Luke does not turn dark but if he does, it’ll make the saga interesting, as well as disappointing.

7) I hope that the “grey Jedi” are born. That the dogma of the Jedi die. That’s what held them back previously and I would love to see it as the reason Luke didn’t see Ren turning dark until it was too late. Thus, “the Jedi must die”. 

Goooooosepimples!!!

Edited by Darren10

2) I dont’t want Ren to turn good, I want him destroyed. After killing Han, he has to die. (Weird since I am glad Anakin turned good, even after killing children)

I do want to see Kylo Ren turn good.  But it would probably have to entail him dying.  I feel that Vader's redemption worked because he sacrificed his life in destroying Palpatine.  

Edited by Rivers
On 11/12/2017 at 5:45 AM, Rivers said:

I do want to see Kylo Ren turn good.  But it would probably have to entail him dying.  I feel that Vader's redemption worked because he sacrificed his life in destroying Palpatine.  

Yeah but Vader did not kill Han Solo. He may have tortured him a bit but nothing more than that. :)

My one hope is that we find out Han Solo's death was staged.  An optical illusion. And something below caught him. He was just helping his punk son look cool in front of his dark side friends.  

On 11/12/2017 at 5:45 AM, Rivers said:

The Force's morality is weird. Vader killed billions but because he had some scruples about watching his own child be tortured to death in front of him all is forgiven? He was lucky he died. It was the easiest way out.

On 11/19/2017 at 2:17 AM, MorningStar said:

My one hope is that we find out Han Solo's death was staged.  An optical illusion. And something below caught him. He was just helping his punk son look cool in front of his dark side friends.  

Unless they bring Han back using CGI this is unlikely. Harrison Ford wanted out of Star Wars. I doubt he would ever come back.

3 hours ago, The Nehor said:

Unless they bring Han back using CGI this is unlikely. Harrison Ford wanted out of Star Wars. I doubt he would ever come back.

It's a trick! He's in on it. 

4 hours ago, The Nehor said:

Did he want out or just wanted to give his character a solid ending?