Seriously No Politics ×

Another article on the "Remnant"

Nofear

2 hours ago, Nofear said:

http://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/article170503077.html

I don't follow this group or have any care for it -- only idle curiosity about most things related to my Mormon faith, a curiosity which others here also share. :)

The irony of such movements is always to profess a belief in the callings of others in the past. Then begin by rejecting certain revelations, only to inset their own. In this case, Joseph Smith was a Prophet, but let's remove certain revelations and then replace them with another. But, this is nothing new, every Church and Faith, has their own versions of the same. Given enough time, Devenr's writings will be done away, and the new appointed leader will do the same. 

On Friday, September 01, 2017 at 9:49 AM, Bill "Papa" Lee said:

The irony of such movements is always to profess a belief in the callings of others in the past. Then begin by rejecting certain revelations, only to inset their own. In this case, Joseph Smith was a Prophet, but let's remove certain revelations and then replace them with another. But, this is nothing new, every Church and Faith, has their own versions of the same. Given enough time, Devenr's writings will be done away, and the new appointed leader will do the same.

The real irony of the "Remnant" movement isn't that the reject revelations AFTER Joseph Smith.  It's that they are picking and choosing from Joseph Smith's revelations.
It's pure buffet religion.

I don't see how they can claim a return to the gospel as Joseph Smith restored it only to reject half of Joseph's teachings and revelations.  It's one thing to do as the fundamentalists do and reject later changes to the teachings of the early prophets.  It's entirely nonsensical to play pick and choose with Joseph.

1 hour ago, JLHPROF said:

The real irony of the "Remnant" movement isn't that the reject revelations AFTER Joseph Smith.  It's that they are picking and choosing from Joseph Smith's revelations.
It's pure buffet religion.

I don't see how they can claim a return to the gospel as Joseph Smith restored it only to reject half of Joseph's teachings and revelations.  It's one thing to do as the fundamentalists do and reject later changes to the teachings of the early prophets.  It's entirely nonsensical to play pick and choose with Joseph.

It is a condition foretold in scriptures, that (too paraphrase), "...men will seek unto themselves teachers, having itching ears".