Seriously No Politics ×

How do rep points work now?

I am curious as to how they are counted, separate or combined.  One used to get a flag for five or more rep points.  Don't remember seeing that since the update.

Experiment...I suggest we give Bill five or more "hearts" and give Hagoth 3 hearts and 3 arrows and see what happens, if anything.

Change of plans...SteveO got 6 hearts and has a heart up in the right hand of his post, so let's change Bill's to six arrows to see if it is a heart as well or an arrow.

The three and three split for Hagoth still works as combined they should merit a flag, but separate not.

http://www.mormondialogue.org/topic/69423-splitting-the-sky-meet-courtney-and-rachelle/

Edited by Calm
1 hour ago, Calm said:

If you posted as much as I do, you would be blowing me out of the water...

I would say I am gaining on you in the full totals but you give me so many that would be ungrateful. You deserve it more.

Besides, I need to worry more about Scott passing me. ;) 

4 hours ago, Calm said:

I am curious as to how they are counted, separate or combined.  One used to get a flag for five or more rep points.  Don't remember seeing that since the update.

Experiment...I suggest we give Bill five or more "hearts" and give Hagoth 3 hearts and 3 arrows and see what happens, if anything.

OK, so I hit the heart symbol, then I just see an arrow. What next? 

3 hours ago, Bill "Papa" Lee said:

OK, so I hit the heart symbol, then I just see an arrow. What next? 

We wait for a five more people to do the same for you and one more to do the same for Hagoth and three to hit the heart for him...and then we see if anything different than a heart appears in the upper right hand corner of the post.

Is there a difference between "like" and "upvote"?  They seem to be the same thing.  If you look at the documentation for the board software, it lets you configure multiple options instead of a single "like".  Here are the default options:

Thanks
Confused
Sad
Haha

It seems the admins incorrectly configured the rep points system.  There is an option to make it work as before with a single option (see the second image on the page).

https://invisioncommunity.com/news/new-reactions-r1016/

17 hours ago, hagoth7 said:

You get to choose *either* the upward arrow *or* the heart symbol. Not both.

(Choosing one after the other will simply change your vote.)

It was your post that I tried to react to, and then accidently erased it, and then tried again. So I hope it turned out right and did not show up that I deleted in error, as I hope you did not get notification that I deleted in within that literally erased it, as I assure you that I did not mean too. 

1 hour ago, Bill "Papa" Lee said:

It was your post that I tried to react to, and then accidently erased it, and then tried again. So I hope it turned out right and did not show up that I deleted in error, as I hope you did not get notification that I deleted....

I didn't receive any such notice.

On 8/24/2017 at 1:49 AM, DemonsAway said:

As someone who browses on here a lot more than I post I have to ask what is the point of rep points? Is it basically just similar to "likes" on Facebook or is there more of a purpose than that?

There are rumors you can win a pony.

Yeah, it is just a positive reinforcement thing like Facebook.

On August 23, 2017 at 6:46 PM, Calm said:

Change of plans...SteveO got 6 hearts and has a heart up in the right hand of his post, so let's change Bill's to six arrows to see if it is a heart as well or an arrow.

The three and three split for Hagoth still works as combined they should merit a flag, but separate not.

http://www.mormondialogue.org/topic/69423-splitting-the-sky-meet-courtney-and-rachelle/

What is confusing me is that when I click on the heart as I just did on this post...when I click on the heart icon, it then gives me an arrow for a rep point. On my thread post I see I have both, or there all the same. So if you would click on the heart icon, and tell me what you see when it is done. Thanks Calm. 

On August 25, 2017 at 10:57 AM, The Nehor said:

A real pony, or the type you have to put in money outside the supermarket for a ride? 

22 hours ago, Bill "Papa" Lee said:

What is confusing me is that when I click on the heart as I just did on this post...when I click on the heart icon, it then gives me an arrow for a rep point. On my thread post I see I have both, or there all the same. So if you would click on the heart icon, and tell me what you see when it is done. Thanks Calm. 

When you click on the heart it is then giving you two options. You can click on the arrow like you said for the up vote or you can click on the heart again for the heart/like. 

There were limits on how many you could do per day with the old system.  I wonder how those work now.  Can you use more per day than you used to or does it divide the limit between them?

On 8/25/2017 at 7:57 AM, The Nehor said:

Yes, but it's a little different than Facebook for me.  I use it much more liberally on Facebook. Kind of like,  "I'm here.  I'm listening." Here I am much more concerned with content, though now with the hearts I may think of them as the "I'm here" and keep the other based on content. Maybe.

13 minutes ago, Rain said:

When you click on the heart it is then giving you two options. You can click on the arrow like you said for the up vote or you can click on the heart again for the heart/like. 

There were limits on how many you could do per day with the old system.  I wonder how those work now.  Can you use more per day than you used to or does it divide the limit between them?

Got it, thanks...gave you the heart...it worked.