Seriously No Politics ×

LDS serviceman killed in Afghanistan

Okrahomer

13 minutes ago, Tacenda said:

He is so young. That's why I hope this nation or world, will completely and finally be in peace, no wars. :(

Oh, that will happen. However, we seem to be destined to go through more of this before it all ends. 

22 minutes ago, Okrahomer said:

A 27-year old LDS serviceman has been killed in Afghanistan.  Aaron Butler served an LDS mission to Ghana.

I've been watching this story.  My son's army reserve unit is scheduled to be activated sometime before the end of the year.  Destination somewhere in the Middle East. 

19 hours ago, ksfisher said:

I've been watching this story.  My son's army reserve unit is scheduled to be activated sometime before the end of the year.  Destination somewhere in the Middle East. 

This must worry you so much.  Hopefully..the outcome is peace and he returns to the family that loves him.

45 minutes ago, Jeanne said:

This must worry you so much.  Hopefully..the outcome is peace and he returns to the family that loves him.

I like the fact that he's in the army reserve.  It's good for him - some extra income, insurance for him and his wife.  But I wouldn't mind it if it was the army that just stuck to training and didn't actually go anywhere. Yes, it is a worry.

Edited by ksfisher