Seriously No Politics ×

Thanks, BlueDreams!

Helmuth

As I was composing this apparently the thread closed. I don't want to break any guidelines, but I just read through them and there doesn't seem to be any rule against this. If the mods don't like it, they can of course simply lock this thread easily. I just want BlueDreams to know I appreciated her very good, very thoughtful reply.  This is my response:

This is a fantastic and thoughtful reply, BlueDreams!  Thank you!  Now, you included a lot of stuff my ten-year-old self would not have understood, but that's because your thoughts actually rose above the level of a ten-year-old in complexity and sophistication!  So, again, kudos.

You're the first person to define in any way what white nationalism is at all (haven't read rest of thread yet), and then you went on to explain why you disagree with it.  This is great!  This is rational!  This is beautiful!

To summarize your take: white nationalists 1) lament the loss of white culture, and 2) want a separate white enclave/nation.  You disagree with them on both points because white culture is not even well/consistently defined, and because you thrive on diversity.  Is that an accurate (though very stripped-down and short, I know) restatement?

Perhaps even more important to your feelings toward them than the above, they are generally marginal, unsuccessful people who are rude and obnoxious to you and tend to have huge victim complexes.

All of that is, I think, roughly true. I actually agree with you on all of the things I restated.

And at the same time -- the very same time I'm agreeing with you on all this! -- I am so highly sympathetic to white nationalism that you would probably consider me a white nationalist. And that would be fair enough. They have a lot of truth and some good ideas. I don't see necessarily an immediately realistic way from here to there, but if someone, like Trump, were to implement a mass deportation event in a humane way (i.e. not just killing everybody) I would be all for it. 100 million of our 300 million population is from immigration since 1970. They can all just go home.  I believe this would, in the very long term (which is all a true statesman should care about) make the country a much better place.  Deporting all the blacks back to Africa would also be highly beneficial to the U.S., in terms of crime rates especially but really in every measurable quanta of societal function and success.  I could support that, too.

Now none of this is hateful in any way to any of the groups involved. It's just putting America First and caring about a good life for our great-great-grandchildren.  Do you see that happening with the current direction we're heading?  Me neither. Something's got to give; something's got to change -- and incredibly DRASTICALLY!  Because traditional culture is in a tailspin. The white nationalists and, more, the broader real right, alt-and otherwise, are right in their lament about that. Also sounds like every General Conference ever.  What the elites are doing isn't working. And everyone knows it.

The rest of the world doesn't have any right, God-given or otherwise, to inhabit the middle strip of North America.  Also, they don't need to live here to share their ideas, art, sand discoveries with us(as Pogi projectingly imagined I was opposed to). I, like you, love and thrive on diversity. Well, too bad. It's not all about me and you. We can buy a plane ticket and visit unlimited Diversity whenever we want.

Maybe we should stop our civilization from dying first, before we worry about our ethnic restaurants. 

43 minutes ago, Helmuth said:

As I was composing this apparently the thread closed. I don't want to break any guidelines, but I just read through them and there doesn't seem to be any rule against this. If the mods don't like it, they can of course simply lock this thread easily. I just want BlueDreams to know I appreciated her very good, very thoughtful reply.  This is my response:

This is a fantastic and thoughtful reply, BlueDreams!  Thank you!  Now, you included a lot of stuff my ten-year-old self would not have understood, but that's because your thoughts actually rose above the level of a ten-year-old in complexity and sophistication!  So, again, kudos.

You're the first person to define in any way what white nationalism is at all (haven't read rest of thread yet), and then you went on to explain why you disagree with it.  This is great!  This is rational!  This is beautiful!

To summarize your take: white nationalists 1) lament the loss of white culture, and 2) want a separate white enclave/nation.  You disagree with them on both points because white culture is not even well/consistently defined, and because you thrive on diversity.  Is that an accurate (though very stripped-down and short, I know) restatement?

Perhaps even more important to your feelings toward them than the above, they are generally marginal, unsuccessful people who are rude and obnoxious to you and tend to have huge victim complexes.

All of that is, I think, roughly true. I actually agree with you on all of the things I restated.

And at the same time -- the very same time I'm agreeing with you on all this! -- I am so highly sympathetic to white nationalism that you would probably consider me a white nationalist. And that would be fair enough. They have a lot of truth and some good ideas. I don't see necessarily an immediately realistic way from here to there, but if someone, like Trump, were to implement a mass deportation event in a humane way (i.e. not just killing everybody) I would be all for it. 100 million of our 300 million population is from immigration since 1970. They can all just go home.  I believe this would, in the very long term (which is all a true statesman should care about) make the country a much better place.  Deporting all the blacks back to Africa would also be highly beneficial to the U.S., in terms of crime rates especially but really in every measurable quanta of societal function and success.  I could support that, too.

Now none of this is hateful in any way to any of the groups involved. It's just putting America First and caring about a good life for our great-great-grandchildren.  Do you see that happening with the current direction we're heading?  Me neither. Something's got to give; something's got to change -- and incredibly DRASTICALLY!  Because traditional culture is in a tailspin. The white nationalists and, more, the broader real right, alt-and otherwise, are right in their lament about that. Also sounds like every General Conference ever.  What the elites are doing isn't working. And everyone knows it.

The rest of the world doesn't have any right, God-given or otherwise, to inhabit the middle strip of North America.  Also, they don't need to live here to share their ideas, art, sand discoveries with us(as Pogi projectingly imagined I was opposed to). I, like you, love and thrive on diversity. Well, too bad. It's not all about me and you. We can buy a plane ticket and visit unlimited Diversity whenever we want.

Maybe we should stop our civilization from dying first, before we worry about our ethnic restaurants. 

You get out, the Native American Indian was here first. In fact where I live, Utah, was Mexico!

My daughter and two grandsons would be awful sad to see their dad sent to Mexico, since he's Mexican.  

BTW, have you had your DNA checked, you may not be as white as you think you are. America has been considered a melting pot for as long as I remember. You almost sound like Hitler in your post, it's scary. I know this thread will get shut down, maybe on my account. But I just had to state this, and I'm so upset by your words, I can't get my words out as well as I'd like. 

31 minutes ago, Tacenda said:

You get out, the Native American Indian was here first. In fact where I live, Utah, was Mexico!

My daughter and two grandsons would be awful sad to see their dad sent to Mexico, since he's Mexican.  

BTW, have you had your DNA checked, you may not be as white as you think you are. America has been considered a melting pot for as long as I remember. You almost sound like Hitler in your post, it's scary. I know this thread will get shut down, maybe on my account. But I just had to state this, and I'm so upset by your words, I can't get my words out as well as I'd like. 

Wanted to give you a rep point but couldn't. In most ways we are more alike than not. You are really good people.

Glenn

45 minutes ago, Tacenda said:

No worries, Tacenda. It's an emotional topic for many people. 

Why don't the white supremacists leave and build their ideal society somewhere instead of wanting to force everyone else out? We can give you a piece of northern Greenland or a spot in the Sahara or maybe a piece of Antarctica. Build your ideal society from scratch instead of mooching off an already existing diverse society and trying to kick people out. Most of us like our society and our great experiment to let people join us in a beautiful rebuttal of pure tribalism. We do not want reprehensible social engineering.

Also your views are disgusting and are a repudiation of American (and LDS) ideals.

2 hours ago, Helmuth said:

What will save our society is coming unto Christ:

"33 For none of these iniquities come of the Lord; for he doeth that which is good among the children of men; and he doeth nothing save it be plain unto the children of men; and he inviteth them all to come unto him and partake of his goodness; and he denieth none that come unto him, black and white, bond and free, male and female; and he remembereth the heathen; and all are alike unto God, both Jew and Gentile."

(2 Nephi 26)

I love racial diversity. It bring uniqe beauty into my life. As for saving society, that can be done by bringing souls unto Christ, who is and whose gospel is for everyone.

Edited by Darren10
29 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

Really, you wanting our friends and neighbors and families and loved ones and maybe even some people here to pack up their bags and be forcibly removed (in a humane way) from a society they joined and have lived in for years provokes an emotional response? Who would have thought?

Party at Nehor's house!!!

The roof

The roof

The roof is on fire!

WHOHOOOOOOOO!!! :)

1 hour ago, BlueDreams said:

The social area isn't really for debate or discussion. So I will keep this short. Plus I have temple tomorrow morning and should probably go to bed. Excuse any typos. I have no contacts in and this is on my phone.

Helmuth. I am the daughter of a Nigerian immigrant. I'm half black. I look half black. Where in the unnamed plan would I go? Nigeria? A country I've never been to? Maybe I would get to stay because I'm half white (unlikely) but large parts of my family wouldn't. I don't just love diversity, I AM diverse. These ideas would mean the break up of my family as we're picked out and separated across the world. This idea that removing up to 1/3 of our population isn't helpful. It would be destabilizing. Just recently a bill that Trump supported was proposed to severely cut legal immigration and people already in the US. It's super unpopular even among most republicans because these senators recognize the fact that immigrants make up large chunks of their work force. It would cripple their economy. 

There is no humane way to implement anything you've mentioned. The point of forced deportation is that's forced. It's not only not recognizing my humanity or my full-black siblings or parents. It also refuses to acknowledge that this is equally my home. I'm American. I'm already putting American first. My America. Whatever shade they come in. This is where I belong. This is where my family belongs. This is where my half First Nations bro belongs More than any one and where I hope his new Madagascar love may also find home. It also ignores all the positive contributions that minorities make. And we make plenty. It also is a source of destabilization the world over. It is a fantasy that's both cruel and dangerous. 

Frankly I don't know what is meant by traditional culture...whose? My brother's Navajo side...your right. The white man did a good job of cutting and slicing at their heritage. The Nigerian one? You're right the overwhelming white culture places less interest in it. And before then destabilizing tribes and kingdoms and leaving colonialist rule to force volatile countries. The Mexican-American one? You're right the white folks did a good number of pressing them into migrant workers and trash pickers, segregating them and creating a structure that made culture and success untenable. I preserve the heritage by collecting stories, blending arts, and learning Spanish, by honoring the cultures that are mine and my families. And the American culture meant that all of these grew and made it. They've found peace and space. I am glad my white side has changed. They would not have me if they hadn't. I could lament the influence of whitey and all the pain they've caused my other peoples. If I believed the white nationalist ideology I could insist they go "home" and be some ironic refugees in Europe. But then. THAT would be selfish, unforgiving, and unchristian. And at the very least Un-American. 

This is my home, and I welcome all who respectfully want place in it.

with luv, 

BD

I want to quote this everywhere including Glenn, Nehor's & Dennis's quotes! Emotional and true! :)

Edited by Tacenda

I remember , vaguely , that one of the platforms of JS in his run for POTUS pre- civil war of course, was to ship all slaves back to  their country of origin. Had he succeeded ( unlikely as it was ) the civil war might have been averted, or started 20 years earlier. Immigration must be done in an orderly and sustainable manner so that immigrants are folded into the majority population with as little stress as possible on the immigrant and the main society. Germany and Sweden are fine examples of what happens to a society that tries to absorb too many people at once.

On a less optimistic note, I listened to a broadcast today about the advancements in robotics and AI. The first major use of such will be to replace humans in menial and repetitive /dirty jobs, the ones immigrants usually do upon arrival. The Terminator movies may become more fact than fiction within a few decades. Heaven help us, and I mean that literally!

33 minutes ago, strappinglad said:

I remember , vaguely , that one of the platforms of JS in his run for POTUS pre- civil war of course, was to ship all slaves back to  their country of origin. Had he succeeded ( unlikely as it was ) the civil war might have been averted, or started 20 years earlier. Immigration must be done in an orderly and sustainable manner so that immigrants are folded into the majority population with as little stress as possible on the immigrant and the main society. Germany and Sweden are fine examples of what happens to a society that tries to absorb too many people at once.

On a less optimistic note, I listened to a broadcast today about the advancements in robotics and AI. The first major use of such will be to replace humans in menial and repetitive /dirty jobs, the ones immigrants usually do upon arrival. The Terminator movies may become more fact than fiction within a few decades. Heaven help us, and I mean that literally!

If Joseph Smith had gotten the Presidency he would never, short of miraculous mind control, been able to get Congress to go along with that plan. If he was able to gain enough support to make it a fight the Civil War just would have kicked off earlier. Germany and Sweden are doing okay. Also shipping slaves back is impractical and probably cruel. We had stopped importing slaves in Jefferson's Presidency. It is not as if they were going back to a beloved culture they were taken from. They knew little to nothing of Africa and their nation of origin if they even knew what nation that was.

There was a movement to send some freemen and freed slave back to Africa in the Liberia experiment. It did not work very well. They were filled with American political ideals and Protestant Christianity. They formed a core political elite in their new nation and did not get along with the Africans still living their traditional lifestyle. There was a lot of violence. It was a twisted reflection of European settlers encounters with Native Americans and ended just about as well. There was forcible attempts to assimilate the tribesmen and the denial of citizenship to the "natives".

The increased automation of labor is going to have far more far reaching effects then just getting rid of a lot of menial jobs. Also, most likely it will start with things like fast food jobs, grocery store jobs, and retail store jobs. Unless High School and college kids are going to start working farms we are still going to need immigrant labor as the labor intensive agricultural jobs will be very difficult to automate for some time. The larger problem will be that as automation increases the value of labor will start to drop compared to the power of capital. We may reach the point that full employment as we understand it is impossible. Will we drop to a 15 or 20 hour work week? Accept that there are not enough productive jobs and support others economically? I hope we build Zion but who knows?

We can buy a plane ticket and visit unlimited Diversity whenever we want.

This made me thonk of he many different people I get to meet driving for Uber. I worked from 5:00 AM about 7:00 PM.  Ifocus primarliy on airport pickups. The two airports in Houston are Bush Intercomtinental in northern Houston and Hobby Airport in southern Houston. My first pickup yesterday was a man from Trinidad who was there for tow weeks primarily for a wedding. He was very tired but happy to converse. I told him about a family from Trinidad whom my wife and I miss dearly after they moved away. That ride took me to Katy/Richmond which are suburbs west of Houston. From there I got a call which took me to Rosenburg, TX which is further west of Katy. I have never been there before. It's. Small town and there I picked up a young man from a town even further west of that. He was very polite. "Yes sir", was his frequent reply. A typical southern small town resident showing southern hospitality. I was taking him to pick up his cement truck so we talked about the cement industry. After a short break headed back towards Bush when I got a call which took my ot a hotel to pick up a young lady from Italy. She was all smiles and struggled to speak English. She did great. I took her to the Galleria on the western end of Houston. I then went to Hobby Airport and there picked up a young lady who happneec to need a ride to the Bush Airport. She was to catch a flight there to Miami and from Miami to Colombia where her parents live. She is Colombian but was actually born in New Jersey. She lived in the states and Colombia back and forth growning up and attended schools in botj countries. She was fuling in from Austin where she had a Salsa conference. She competes in Saksa dancing but regrets having spent so much time on something she is very unlikely to get a career with. At Bush I picked up acyou g lady from Mexico City. I took her ot the Wooldans, a suburb norht of Houston and adjacent to Spring which is where I live. She came ot se a former business partner she had while working in the Galleria. After filling up my gas tank I returned to Bush. I picked up a young man who flew in from Midland, TX. Short flight but he was exhausted. He works with people buying and selling property in the oil and gas business. He did not sleep tonight before because his brain would not shut off. (It happens a lot to me which is why I am typing all of this right now :) ).

This is a sample of the many people I get to meet. Learning of their experiences is enrichening to me. Just recently I have provided a ride to a native of Panamá who is vice president of Latin America for the oil company he works for. He is very knolwedgable with locations around the world and in Houston. He was very conversive and friendly. I have also provided rides to people who come in for offshore drilling or other temporary projects in the oil and gas inudstry. I once talked to a young lady who returned from Trinidad who, as a geologist, she went there to survey land at the bottom of the sea in order tovasses the possibility of future oil exploration. She also told me she had the best Kentucky Friend Chicken while there. I've provided rides to computer consultants returning home from trips. There have also been computer techs and representatives (selling software to companies) from Norway and India in my car. I have kept mental track of people I call, "my English soeaking cousins". By this I mean people from countries which either has English as an official language or is widely spoken there. These countries include, Australia (they know how to drink beer and have a good time :) ), England, Ireland, Scottland, Kenya, Nigeria, Botswana (borders South Africa's northern border and is actually the fastest growing economy in Africa. See what I get to learn?), South Africa (they sound really funny when speaking English), and India. I once picked up a Mongolian truck driver which very limited English. I have provided rides to doctors from India, Pakistan, and Egypt. The latter came here with his wife, also a doctor from Egypt, to get training in Houston's renowned Medical Center on a new surgical procedure. I provided a ride once for a man who builds his own tesla coils to produce lightning. All this viarety in knowledge and ethnic differences gives me great joy. 

So, for me, instead of desiring to buy a ticket to experience diversity, I really like it when diversity buys a ticket to come to me. 

Take care and God bless. 

7 hours ago, Darren10 said:

So, for me, instead of desiring to buy a ticket to experience diversity, I really like it when diversity buys a ticket to come to me. 

Take care and God bless. 

:D That does sound great, Darren.  Of course, people are all individually fascinating, are they not?  The really interesting thing about them is them as an individual, not what group they may belong to, at least to me.  So even in a more homogeneous population, as we will have in the near future if/when we get the mass deportations, there will be plenty of wonderful and fascinating people to associate with.  Even if they are all polite west Texas boys, they will not all be the same!  They will not be boring -- except in a very, very good way.  Of course, to some people's temperament, perhaps no boring is a good boring.

Drive safely!

-- The Evil Neo-Nazi

Edited by Helmuth

Pondering the image of a well meaning patriotic goon squad arriving to get my interracial grand-nieces and nephews, sending them home?

It seems more than a bit off than this picture from 4 Nephi:

neither were there Lamanites, nor any manner of -ites; but they were in one, the children of Christ, and heirs to the kingdom of God.

18 And how blessed were they!

The alternative to accepting diverisity and globalism, and the creativity and trade and enlightenment that that sort of thing always makes in history, would be to reject such gifts and, as our current headlines perversely suggest, is to go this direction:

About two hundred years after Christ visited the people, they became tired of intellectual integrity and self-control and opted to give up the law of consecration. From then on everything went in a fatal declension, each step of which has been duly marked and described in the Book of Mormon.

First they became privatized. They no longer had “their goods and their substance . . . [in] common” (4 Nephi 1:25). Then they became ethnicized as they “taught [their children] to hate” the Nephites and Lamanites they had been playing with (4 Nephi 1:39). Then they became nationalized by serving the careers of ambitious men. Then they become militarized, from the need for large-scale security when mutual trust gave away to self-interest. And they were terrorized as shrewd men saw the advantages of organized crime. Then they became regionalized as people began to form various combinations for protection and profit, entering through business relations with the criminal society and even sharing in their profits. Then they became tribalized as they finally succeeded at the urging of various powerful interests in abolishing the central government completely. Then they became fragmentized into paramilitary groups, wandering bands, family shelters, and so forth. Then they become polarized; to check the general disorder and insecurity, great armies were formed around competent leaders by forced recruitment or conquest. And they became pulverized as the great armies smashed each other and left the land utterly desolate. It is left for a future generation to take the final step and become vaporized.

https://publications.mi.byu.edu/fullscreen/?pub=1112&index=24

FWIW

Kevin Christensen

Canonsburg, PA

You claim to be 10 years old, and write this so eloquently promoting outright anti-American racism. These "Black" people you speak of are American Citizens, whom you wish to deport to a continent most have never seen. I grew up in Georgia, born in the 50's and know full well what "White Nationalism" means. You are certainly not ten, I doubt the picture you post is your own, unless it was your picture when you were ten. 

Your writing suggests a man much older, and your talking points point to someone who is a "White Nationalist", and you and I know exactly what you are trying to reveal. "Blue Dreams" to who you address this has a Black Father, and she is a treasure to this website,The Church, and to this Nation. I will pray for your soul, as one filled with such contempt for others can never know of the "Love of Jesus Christ", because he is a Jew, and Jews also have no place in the "White Nationalist Movement". Please, turn unto "Christ and be perfected in him", let go of these deceptions and hatred for those who are not like yourself. Hatred is a burden no man can carry forever, as in each passing year it grows heavier, and heavier, until the soul can not longer bare the weight, as Satan "leads [each] down with flaxen cords, until he binds you down with the chains of hell". 

1 hour ago, Helmuth said:

:D That does sound great, Darren.  Of course, people are all individually fascinating, are they not?  The really interesting thing about them is them as an individual, not what group they may belong to, at least to me.  So even in a more homogeneous population, as we will have in the near future if/when we get the mass deportations, there will be plenty of wonderful and fascinating people to associate with.  Even if they are all polite west Texas boys, they will not all be the same!  They will not be boring -- except in a very, very good way.  Of course, to some people's temperament, perhaps no boring is a good boring.

Drive safely!

-- The Evil Neo-Nazi

Of course it won't be boring but you'll lose out on the unique humor East Indians generally show you. The struggling Mexican or Italian or Nigerian trying to work hard to communicate what they mean to you. The unique accents. The beauty of unique skin tones. From the pale whiteness of the Scott to the dark color of the Kenyan. Forcing racial homogony on an entire society does not end well. I'll grant that there challenges, and not just social, in a multiracial society but it's worth working through.

10 hours ago, strappinglad said:

I looked over the platform to double check because I didn't remember this. JS advocated for gradual emancipation by selling public land to buy off slaves. I didn't see anything about shipping slaves anywhere. Since the slave trade ended in 1809, most of them would have been born in the US anyways.

This passage from his platform actually shows that he was in favor of multiculturalism:

"Open, frank, candid decorum to all men, in this boasted land of liberty, would beget esteem, confidence, union and love; and the neighbor from any State, or from any country, of whatever color, clime or tongue, could rejoice when he put his foot on the sacred soil of freedom, and exclaim, The very name of 'American' is fraught with friendship." (17-18)

12 hours ago, strappinglad said:

He is not talking of might have been done (well actually done on a smaller model by President Monroe), he is talking about today. Yes the Civil War would have come earlier, or the slave holders would have murdered them rather than surrender them. Something that many did in the final months of the Civil War, and the very aim of General Forest when he formed the KKK. His mindset and others were, "if I can't have them, then no one will", including their own lives. 

4 hours ago, Helmuth said:

Drive safely!

-- The Evil Neo-Nazi

Helmuth, with all the love I can muster. You are sweeping over the evil in your thought process. You are blinding yourself to what these hate-filled groups represent and at the very least permit or condone. I am not saying that you are evil. But that there is blatant evil in this ideology. One that hails to the worst times in the BoM and goes against our Savior's atonement and purpose. 

Your response to both Darren and Nehor remind me of this livestream of the rally that I watched from the perspective of one of the Alt-right/WN folks. He would talk kindly to the black and other counter protesters while protecting "his people." He came off trying to be kind. But "his people" in their nice white shirts and khaki's in the background were inciting and invading a happy town. Several at one point made monkey sounds and aped at black people. He mentioned nothing to them. I was also reminded of this letter of a father who openly disowned a son for participating in the neo-nazi rally:

He {our son} once joked, “The thing about us fascists is, it’s not that we don’t believe in freedom of speech. You can say whatever you want. We’ll just throw you in an oven.”

Peter, you will have to shovel our bodies into the oven, too. Please son, renounce the hate, accept and love all.

A smile, a kind word, a congenial attitude cannot hide the inherent racism and cruelty written in your white nationalist fantasy. It cannot remove that you are throwing your lot in with a domestic terrorist and people who joke like this as if it's somehow funny. This man is not an exception. You see this wherever they congregate in mass. A flippancy towards large swaths of children of our Most High as though there lives are at best unimportant and at worst vermin. 

Wherever you are, I pray you hear these warnings. The beliefs your idealizing are written from the sons of hell. They are lies and abominations to our God. They make a mockery of God's purposes. It disowns the most fundamental truths of the gospel: God is Love. We are his children. We are to love each other as ourselves. The greatest among us are the least among us. We are all the same before the lord no matter our temporal status. All are equally welcome to the kingdom of God. We are to work towards Zion, His kingdom, now. 

With luv,

BD

Edited by BlueDreams