Seriously No Politics ×

Update of the Granddaughters, and their Mom...

You can ask the school for services so she can attend and accommodations.   Get a note from the dr dx a traumatic brain injury and she should be able to get immediate services under Section 504, even if the the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act process takes longer.   PM if you need more info.

23 hours ago, rpn said:

You can ask the school for services so she can attend and accommodations.   Get a note from the dr dx a traumatic brain injury and she should be able to get immediate services under Section 504, even if the the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act process takes longer.   PM if you need more info.

I think they are looking into it right now, so we will see. Thanks, good advice. 

Depending on her birthday and friends and size, it may not be a bad thing to wait.  My birthday was close to the cutoff date, so I was always on the small size growing up...could never compete in PE.  Also shy so ended up hating PE and recess and had body issues due to that (and other things). You don't want her to be on the extreme high end of size, but older is what I recommend if nothing else is a heavier consideration.

Edited by Calm