Seriously No Politics ×

It's 112 degrees!

Rain

26 minutes ago, strappinglad said:

You need to switch to Celsius degrees , then it is only 44 degrees and seems so much cooler ! :P

Lol. A couple of weeks ago I was in Spain, going to Sevilla. Some of the Spanish women said something about how hot Sevilla was. At the time Sevilla was only 29. I said something about that being ok (I've aclimated a bit), but I wasn't looking for ward to temps of 120, but wasn't sure what C that was. Our Combination of Spanish and English wasn't great and I didn't know how to convert the degrees so when she said "30" I just shrugged my shoulders. Later I looked it up, only to find that 120 converts to 48. After that, when I told people 48 instead of 120 they got more of the look that was probably on my face before moving here when I would hear 120. Lol

I would love to switch to metric. I'd like to keep farenheit. I like that you are better able to differentiate with F and still use whole numbers.

Though I don't like freezing starting at 32. Perhaps we could have the world go to CF and have freezing be 0, but temps rise more how F does?

Yes. Heard warnings on the radio today. It’s interesting to me how it feels when you get up that high. It's no longer just hot. It feels like you have a heat source pointed at you. I really didn't expect that. 

2 hours ago, Rain said:

Yes. Heard warnings on the radio today. It’s interesting to me how it feels when you get up that high. It's no longer just hot. It feels like you have a heat source pointed at you. I really didn't expect that. 

I hate the heat, don't know how you people in AZ and in Southern Utah, Vegas etc. do it. I read today that 2 people have died in Zion's Nat'l park. I don't know if it's heat related but my FB friend acted as if it was.

20 minutes ago, Tacenda said:

I hate the heat, don't know how you people in AZ and in Southern Utah, Vegas etc. do it. I read today that 2 people have died in Zion's Nat'l park. I don't know if it's heat related but my FB friend acted as if it was.

I have aclimated and that is good, but I am still quite hot. It was just 3.5 years ago that I was up in Riverton, loving to shovel snow in my winter coat - a sweater, and capris. Each year down here I am miserable by the end of the summer with heat rash. If that doesn't kill me the AC bills will! Lol. 

My son is getting married up there in Salt Lake in July. Three o'clock in the afternoon. The original plan was to have it outside when the average temp was something in the 80s or 90s. When I told my husband he didn't say anything. So I asked if he didn't have a problem with it. He then said, "well at least it will only be double digits." So glad they moved the wedding inside!

Edited by Rain
Just now, Rain said:

I have aclimated and that is good, but I am still quite hot. It was just 3.5 years ago that I was up in Riverton, loving to shovel snow in my winter coat - a sweater, and capris. Each year down here I am miserable by the end of the summer with heat rash. If that doesn't kill me the AC bills will! Lol. 

My son is getting married up there in July. Three o'clock in the afternoon. The original plan was to have it outside when the average temp was something in the 800s or 90s. When I told my husband he didn't say anything. So I asked if he didn't have a problem with it. He then said, "well at least it will only be double digits." So glad they moved the wedding inside!

I lived in Riverton from 1984 to 1989, when did you live there? 

5 minutes ago, Tacenda said:

I did, and Safeway, haha! ETA: I bet Safeway wasn't there. 

No, just while I was there for 7 years it changed some. It may have been where the Albertsons was. Later, Peterson's closed down where they were and moved across the street where the Albertsons was and combined to be a Petersons/fresh market.

Am I reading .utah's weather correctly, supposed to be 15 degrees cooler today than yesterday?

Ack...just checked Tempe's temp...95 at 1 AM.

I think I will count my blessings at 65.

add-on:  dang that looks like out of date or off their rocker, others are saying only 5 degrees cooler.  Back up in the 90s next week, 10 degrees warmer than usual.  Looks like our unusually cold winter and nice, long spring is going to be followed by a "can we please move back to Canada" summer.

Edited by Calm

I've considered moving from the Oregon Coast because the rain and gray days have started to bother me.  When we do have sunny days, I know why I stay.  There's no place better... but, I want a little more sunshine... I can't find anywhere that doesn't have high heat and humidity during at least six months... my sister lives in the mid-West but I can't live near her because of the heat and wilting humidity.  If I visit her, I have to do it before May.  I'm thinking maybe Maine or coastal So Carolina... wish I could afford Hilton Head Island or Nantucket Island... Anyone have suggestions?

GG

Edit... I don't want hurricanes/tornados either...

Edited by Garden Girl