Seriously No Politics ×

Church Employee Salary Info Leaked

For anyone out there who has been dying to know how much a temple employee makes <crickets>, some 2006 data is now available!

MormonLeaks has also created a page where they are compiling all leaks that have to do with church salaries, it's here:

https://mormonleaks.io/wiki/index.php?title=Mormon_Church_Salaries

If you were looking to become employed with the church, it appears that (as of 2006) the top salaries there maxed out around $130k.  Likely a bit higher now.

Edited by rockpond
40 minutes ago, rockpond said:

For anyone out there who has been dying to know how much a temple employee makes <crickets>, some 2006 data is now available!

MormonLeaks has also created a page where they are compiling all leaks that have to do with church salaries, it's here:

If you were looking to become employed with the church, it appears that (as of 2006) the top salaries there maxed out around $130k.  Likely a bit higher now.

I thought these kinds of posts had ended, since it is publishing information on person by name.??? 

1 hour ago, rockpond said:

Names and personal information appear to be redacted.

I just noticed Elder Worthlin's name (wow I hope I spelled his name correctly). The link you provided still has his name on it, I did not click on it so could be. 

24 minutes ago, Bill "Papa" Lee said:

I just noticed Elder Worthlin's name (wow I hope I spelled his name correctly). The link you provided still has his name on it, I did not click on it so could be. 

Oh... you are referring to the older links.  Yes, I think that for apostles and GA's they left names on the docs but not personal information - aside from the stipend info.

Edited by rockpond
3 minutes ago, rockpond said:

Oh... you are referring to the older links.  Yes, I think that for apostles and GA's they left names on the docs but not personal information - aside from the stipend info.

OK, thanks.

Interesting. Fairly modest by SF Bay Area standards, but I imagine comparable to a lot of large organizations, even here.

Remember, this is not a total package.  I understand that the health and retirement benefits are decent as well.

Plus the satisfaction of helping God!

Of course those numbers, if true, are ten or more years old!

Edited by mrmarklin
3 hours ago, rockpond said:

You can find out what salaries are right now at Indeed.com

LDS Salaries

Ridiculously low

You can't live in LA on what Pres E makes.

Well at least no one can say the church is wasting money.

4 minutes ago, mfbukowski said:

Ridiculously low

You can't live in LA on what Pres E makes.

Well at least no one can say the church is wasting money.

Tough to live in LA on most of the church salaries.  I wonder if there is a geographical adjustment for the church employees who live in some of the more expensive locales.

Just now, rockpond said:

Tough to live in LA on most of the church salaries.  I wonder if there is a geographical adjustment for the church employees who live in some of the more expensive locales.

I've heard some of the brethren say when living abroad they and their family lived in apartments, probably nice ones but an apartment none the less

37 minutes ago, Duncan said:

I've heard some of the brethren say when living abroad they and their family lived in apartments, probably nice ones but an apartment none the less

That may or may not be a cost saving measure.  If you lived in the capital city of the country where I served my mission, some of the nicest, safest, and most expensive places to live were apartments. 

Just now, rockpond said:

That may or may not be a cost saving measure.  If you lived in the capital city of the country where I served my mission, some of the nicest, safest, and most expensive places to live were apartments. 

it would depend on the area, you're right. IIRC the one was in Argentina and the other in Hong Kong

1 hour ago, rockpond said:

In many places that is just how the majority live.  I moved from Canada to the middle east .  I sold my home in Canada and here I live in an apartment.  The cost of the apartment is much higher (3-4 times) the cost of my mortgage in Canada.   It is safe, secure, and well maintained.  I have a great view of the sea.  I will have a very hard time going to back to a house when my time overseas ends.

18 hours ago, rockpond said:

The salaried temple positions are interesting to look through (not surprising really though).

What does a temple recorder do different from what a temple president does?  Their pay is a pretty good income (considering it was 10 years ago).

Someone posted elsewhere that the temple president's pay was shown, but I don't see that (?).

Do temple presidents receive a salary, do you know?

13 minutes ago, JulieM said:

The salaried temple positions are interesting to look through (not surprising really though).

What does a temple recorder do different from what a temple president does?  Their pay is a pretty good income (considering it was 10 years ago).

Someone posted elsewhere that the temple president's pay was shown, but I don't see that (?).

As I understand it the temple recorder is some kind of finance role. I might be mistaken though. 

33 minutes ago, JulieM said:

I was thinking the same thing. Does anyone know the job description for a temple recorder. While $100K + may not be a good wage in some California cities (like some are suggesting here), it is a good wage in most of the country, including Provo. It's hard to imagine that the management of one temple is really all that challenging and/or stressful.

Temple Presidents do not receive a salary as far as I know, but they do receive perks, like the home they live in and I believe a small stipend (not the same as GA's). I think Temple Presidents receive the same kind of perks that Mission Presidents receive.