Seriously No Politics ×

Feeling completely abandoned to die by LDS

Since its diagnosis about 60 days ago few... But they can't deal with it either.   Nah I figured I am one of the strays that get picked up and planted or will be used for study since I  am an organ donor.  Might be useful as parts who knows.  Have a blessed day.

If you have talked to only a few, then why are you expecting people to reach out and help?  Were you expecting them to pass on the information to others and if so, did you ask them to?  If not, they may believe they are respecting your privacy and refraining from gossip not to tell anyone.

why don't you call your home teachers or the High Priest Group Leader (assuming you are older, if younger call the Elders' Quorum President) to talk to.

For any financial assistance, it will either need to be personal outside of church structures or done through the Bishop as he is the only one that can authorize use of fast offerings and welfare funds to help out.

Calm you aren't understanding and if I could blip out this in a few sentences that would summarize things better it would be great but it isn't happening.   Just look within your organization and seek what I have presented.   I expected nothing from this contact here  other than a few moments of internal pain to release.  Nothing else.

2 minutes ago, Erik E M Meyers said:

Some folks have too much authority over lives.

If you want help from people, you need to accept it on their terms, either through the government or the church or other charitable assistance.

Did your doctor suggest you speak with a patient advocate or counselor to help you get the care you need?

There are a number of support groups for health situations online.  I joined a couple, but only one was helpful and that was a lifesaver.  So it takes a bit of shopping, but it is clear quickly what groups are knowledgeable.  They refer you to research, professional organizations, generally forbid promotion of products by sellers on the list or board.  There can be a lot of help out there at least with suggestions on comfort and personal care and possibly with suggestions on charitable or government groups that can assist with needed care and medication.  Sometimes pharmaceutical companies even have programs for those who can't afford full price or don't have decent insurance.

7 minutes ago, Erik E M Meyers said:

You know thank you and please remove my posts as my request to your church.  Take care and god bless.

This isn't the Church, but a privately owned board. The Church will have no awareness of your posts here and we have no way of contacting anyone to request anything.

The mods don't usually delete posts unless in violation.

I hope you find what you need.  I understand the urge to rant at times.

Edited by Calm
48 minutes ago, Erik E M Meyers said:

Here I lay dying with stage 4 cancer without proper meds and nutrition and there has not been a positive move by a member of that church since it came to light.

So much for family values if you were not lucky enough to be brought up this way.

I agree with Calm...but would probably understand your anger if I knew more.  In any case, God Bless You..and may there be an assurance of love, concern and help from the other areas of your life.

Don't worry about it as you can't delete until 25 posts.  In a week your threads will disappear as new ones are posted.

Put your energy into caring for yourself.

Edited by Calm
20 minutes ago, Erik E M Meyers said:

I'm sorry for my intrusion. God bless you both . Ill work on removing my posts from this side.

You don't have to go...this Social Hall is to talk to us.   We just need to know more..and we can't help with whatever you feel about the church/situation..but I, for one want to help somehow. 

Hugs...Jeanne

56 minutes ago, Erik E M Meyers said:

Calm you are kidding me right.  Um I'm not sure how it works there but isn't like that here.  Also you seem to be spinning this as my self created situation which is miles from reality.  Spin away..

What I am getting from your posts is you have told a few people who cannot offer any financial assistance from the Church, but you don't want to talk to the bishop who is the only one who can...at least through the Church.  

Not sure what you are expecting given the limited details, (which saying little is a good idea especially if you are posting under your real name).  If you are expecting either the few to help you (have no clue about their situation or relationship to you, so I can't judge if this is a realistic expectation) or that the few would naturally pass on the information to those who could do something, I would suggest you need to be more proactive because they may be assuming that others must know if they do or may be unaware of what to do and frozen by their own uncertainty.

You do need to ask people if you need help.  Expecting help without putting effort into getting it is unrealistic.  It is an unfortunate fact of life that often when we are least capable of asking, we need help most and need to ask for it.  People can't read our minds, people need prodding.  You need to be a proactive advocate or find someone who can be.  Perhaps your doctor or a friend at church can help you find someone who is knowledgeable and willing.  If not, online support groups may be able to help by telling you what worked for them.

I speak from experience, not with cancer but with other life altering health issues for myself, my daughter, and my mother.  I am familiar with several people who have had cancer as well as others who have suffered from other drastic illnesses.

I am sorry you are in this situation, but my sorrow doesn't change the facts as you have presented them here.

Edited by Calm

I found your Facebook page "Above the Grey Zone".  You obviously understand the need for being your own advocate.

Without more information though, there is no way for us to know what to tell you that might help you.

If you just want someone to listen to you, you need to say that.

Edited by Calm
2 hours ago, Erik E M Meyers said:

Here I lay dying with stage 4 cancer without proper meds and nutrition and there has not been a positive move by a member of that church since it came to light.

So much for family values if you were not lucky enough to be brought up this way.

Most people (LDS or otherwise) will not show up at your door if they perceive that you don't want to be bothered.  Then too, depression often accompanies ill health.  Such factors may have something to do with any failures of others to offer succor.  Compassionate service people are usually very active in situations like yours, and you would likely get better success by calling the Relief Society Pres than by contacting a bishop whom you do not trust anyhow.

As for immediate needs, if you are in Utah Valley, I am willing to come by today and give you a blessing and talk for awhile -- even though I am still recovering from my own health complaints.

I found your other Facebook page.  I like your cat.  

Your situation is beyond complicated.  I don't know if I can offer anything.

I could talk about Teen Titans, but I don't know the rest as I only watch Hulu and Netflix these days as I can either stand or lie down, but can't sit for more than a few minutes so my TV is my IPad.