Seriously No Politics ×

If you could Give a personality to God, who He would resemble?

The main reason I frequent this board is #1- most of you are Mormon, #2- I do have respect for your intelligence. Most of you are smart and articulate, I like that, anyway...... the guy I will propose might not (most likely) please you or you will remotely agree with it, but let me write down my hypothesis and you shoot them down & tell me I'm far off the mark.

#1- This guy is a major Sociopath, he will smile at everybody's (almost everybody) face, take their money and squander it and heartlessly move to his next victim     #2- Since his modus operendi is Ponzi scheme there will be trails of victims miles long.....(7-8 billion dollars long).....He has no qualms about wasting your lifesavings away. 

#3- He will always (without exception) have a murky communication with you, so when you complain you wouldn't know where else to go or what else to do.    

Please feel free to shoot down my theories, I did not name my protagonist, it should be obvious. 

2 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

What is the correlation between your question about God in the title and your sociopathic narcissist "who am I" game? I would think you posted in the wrong thread but it is your thread. So confused. Is this some kind of trap?

The "deer in the headlights" look doesn't suit you.

Yes, it us his game.

You're supposed to tell him how far he is off of the mark.

And then you will get some kind of a prize, I suspect.

I would rather watch other people play this for a while if the game lasts for that long.

32 minutes ago, Atheist Mormon said:

The main reason I frequent this board is #1- most of you are Mormon, #2- I do have respect for your intelligence. Most of you are smart and articulate, I like that, anyway...... the guy I will propose might not (most likely) please you or you will remotely agree with it, but let me write down my hypothesis and you shoot them down & tell me I'm far off the mark.

#1- This guy is a major Sociopath, he will smile at everybody's (almost everybody) face, take their money and squander it and heartlessly move to his next victim     #2- Since his modus operendi is Ponzi scheme there will be trails of victims miles long.....(7-8 billion dollars long).....He has no qualms about wasting your lifesavings away.

#3- He will always (without exception) have a murky communication with you, so when you complain you wouldn't know where else to go or what else to do.  

Please feel free to shoot down my theories, I did not name my protagonist, it should be obvious.

Not even close.
We have the record of Jesus' actions.
Jesus says he did nothing except what the Father had done or willed.
Read the record of Christ's life and words.  That's is what God is like.

37 minutes ago, Atheist Mormon said:

Is this your way of jerking a few chains or do you enjoy looking like someone who hasn't got a clue.

3 hours ago, Atheist Mormon said:

Oh I get it

Bill Gates and his endless windows updates, right?

Buy a chromebook.  Cheap, automatic updates, no need for virus protection.  Boots instantly without telling to sit around for a half hour before it updates and you can get to work.

Good stuff.

Add a usb drive and you are done.

1 minute ago, Atheist Mormon said:

Guys, is your job trying to endear me to God, you are doing a good ob.

Oh heck no

That's a lost cause

2 hours ago, Tacenda said:

Are we showing our age? :)

Of course I was only nine when it came out in 1977.

(+20) ;)

Heck I am so old I knew God when he was just a kid.  My greatest invention was dirt.

I am so old I taught the three Nephites how to brush their teeth with a stick and they STILL have all of them!

I am so old that when I want to know about pre-Adamites, I just have to look in the mirror.

16 minutes ago, Duncan said:

I'd like to think he's like Ellen Degeneres, who doesn't love Ellen????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think she'd be amazing. Have you seen the movie "The Shack"? Critics gave it a low score but audiences loved it. When or if you see it, you'll understand why I brought it up.

Mormon Atheist, if you're reading, that movie might convince you! 

Mormon Atheist, my brother just got out of rehab and today he asked me if I'd like to go with him to an AA meeting. Several in there repeatedly said they couldn't do it without a higher power or some said God. It was an amazing hour to listen to their stories. Have you ever attended one? Today's was not the one the church does, and I felt such a great spirit in it too. Try it sometime?

7 minutes ago, Tacenda said:

I think she'd be amazing. Have you seen the movie "The Shack"? Critics gave it a low score but audiences loved it. When or if you see it, you'll understand why I brought it up.

never even heard of it! 

12 hours ago, mfbukowski said:

Oh I get it

Bill Gates and his endless windows updates, right?

Buy a chromebook.  Cheap, automatic updates, no need for virus protection.  Boots instantly without telling to sit around for a half hour before it updates and you can get to work.

Good stuff.

Add a usb drive and you are done.

Of course you get it mfbukowski,,,,but I don't get it. Does this small comment of yours have anything do with my OP? 

14 hours ago, The Nehor said:

What is the correlation between your question about God in the title and your sociopathic narcissist "who am I" game? I would think you posted in the wrong thread but it is your thread. So confused. Is this some kind of trap?

No trap, intended, precisely what you read what you get...Cite, where do you infer trap or any analogy is not appropriate. 

7 hours ago, Tacenda said:

The example you giving is a fiction. We read it plenty in Scriptures. (No disrespect intended).

15 hours ago, JLHPROF said:

Not even close.
We have the record of Jesus' actions.
Jesus says he did nothing except what the Father had done or willed.
Read the record of Christ's life and words.  That's is what God is like.

You nailed it JHLPROF!

Jesus is the answer.

Hebrews 1:3Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high

Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

16 hours ago, Atheist Mormon said:

#4 Just like Jesus Christ