Seriously No Politics ×

Asking for some prayers...

The young man I have helped in Primary for many years, who has a neurological brain disorder and doesn't walk or talk and is tube fed and now 13, has been suffering with extreme back pain for many months. On Tuesday he had surgery and it's the most difficult surgery Primary Children's hospital does. The surgery went very well and a seven hour surgery turned out to be only four hours. But today he isn't breathing properly and his bladder isn't functioning so he is need of your prayers. Maybe even some of you that need something to fast for this Sunday.

He is an extraordinary human being. He has endured so much, along with his incredible family. His name is Jacob and is the reason I've stayed as active in church as I have, to be there for one hour of church to help his parents and sisters go to their classes. He has been in a way, my little missionary, not only for the church but for God, and for all those he meets. :(

(like I've said before, this board is my true ward, you all know me much better than my own ward) 

I have a little niece who has hydrocephalus and she can't lift her head, her eyes can't focus and is fed through her stomach.  It is so hard to see that level of suffering in children.  We are hoping that her brain will start growing if the shunt can be made to work, she might even be close to normal (she isn't one yet, so she has time). Such miracles medicine can perform now.  Still so terrifying.  I don't understand why some kids just don't scream all day, but manage to be okay.  Hopefully your friend will get relief soon and what ever causing the problems will be controlled and the surgery be fully successful.

People are complicated.  Your ward knows a part of you we do not. And that is just fine, we don't have to be everything to everybody.  Opening ourselves up to a few is enough, do what works for you.

Hello Tacenda...

I know your history with this young man, and your sincere caring and service on his behalf is wonderful.   I will remember to add his name to the temple roll next week, in addition to my own prayers... you are often in my prayers... so I will include Jacob also.  Hope this finds you well.

GG

Just saw this Tacenda...much love to you and hope for all your worry and concern that this young man gets to be in the world with you much longer.  Many thoughts and prayers from your friend here and you take care of you too.  A prayer for pain release and peace. 

I'll add it to our prayers at church this morning for Jacob as well as for you in your service to him. God's blessing's in this difficult time.

Jacob is off the breathing machine now, and he was smiling yesterday! Thank you ever so much for your prayers! I figured it can't hurt to ask for more prayers besides in my ward area. 

You all are incredible, and I couldn't do without your support on so many occasions! :wub:

On March 3, 2017 at 10:25 PM, Tacenda said:

The young man I have helped in Primary for many years, who has a neurological brain disorder and doesn't walk or talk and is tube fed and now 13, has been suffering with extreme back pain for many months. On Tuesday he had surgery and it's the most difficult surgery Primary Children's hospital does. The surgery went very well and a seven hour surgery turned out to be only four hours. But today he isn't breathing properly and his bladder isn't functioning so he is need of your prayers. Maybe even some of you that need something to fast for this Sunday.

He is an extraordinary human being. He has endured so much, along with his incredible family. His name is Jacob and is the reason I've stayed as active in church as I have, to be there for one hour of church to help his parents and sisters go to their classes. He has been in a way, my little missionary, not only for the church but for God, and for all those he meets. :(

(like I've said before, this board is my true ward, you all know me much better than my own ward) 

I'll pray for him, and good for you..."and a little child shall lead them".