Seriously No Politics ×

Recent Posting Activity

hagoth7

29 minutes ago, Jeanne said:

I find myself kind of slowing down on all the boards.  I just don't think anyone cares what I have to say..which isn't a whole lot..:P

NOM board no longer exists, at least for the meantime. I heavily rely on this board, love it, but sometimes think I should take a break and give ya all a rest. ;)

Oh, what would I do without your posts Jeanne. :(

I may get on once a week to just see what is posting, but similar to others I grew fatigued with the constant, same issues being stuck in the revolving door. The same people on opposing sides and nothing changes in any of the players. It got to the point that the only thing I was getting from participation is anger - who needs that in their life?  I suspect I will continue to pop in every now and then, but unless something changes pretty significantly I don't see a benefit from participation.  

Merry Christmas to all

I am new here. I wasn't here last year. I don't know if that is an improvement, or a detriment to this board. I guess I will have to leave that up to you guys to decide. I only look at a few different threads and ignore others that seem boring, or that I just don't have anything worthwhile to add to, or take away from. I originally got on here to have something more Sabbath oriented to do on Sundays, but I find myself checking in much more often, although once in a while I need to take a break from here for a week or so at a time, when I see it sucking too much of my productive time away. I'm also sure that if I didn't need my computer on for work a lot of times, I wouldn't check it as much either.

I love the fact that I'm speaking to people all over the world, or in my home state too! It seems that no matter where we live we are pretty much all about the same, we humans. 

I'm fortunate to not have been banned on here too, I've come close or have had my days of suspension, but luckily not banned for good. I really need the support. People in my real life are unaware for the most part, of my feelings about the church and the strange person I really am. ;) But what is ironic, is my real self is on these boards. This place and with my husband, is where I'm truly myself. So I'm pretty grateful to you great people.

On 12/13/2016 at 6:51 PM, Storm Rider said:

I may get on once a week to just see what is posting, but similar to others I grew fatigued with the constant, same issues being stuck in the revolving door. The same people on opposing sides and nothing changes in any of the players. It got to the point that the only thing I was getting from participation is anger - who needs that in their life?  I suspect I will continue to pop in every now and then, but unless something changes pretty significantly I don't see a benefit from participation.  

Merry Christmas to all

I understand completely SR... but the trouble is that the faithful voices get tired and leave and that leaves the Board to the critics... I, too, get weary of the constant same old issues and/or questions... Hope this finds you well and happy...

GG

I haven't been on much lately.  Had an awful start to my stake calling. 

1 hour ago, hagoth7 said:

What's your new calling?

Stake music chair.  I had 3 months to plan two huge events that were a week apart.  This was after the stake was split, so we had fewer volunteers to choose from and one of them should have been started months before that.  And people who were supposed to be my committee intentionally ignored me.  Total nightmare.  I finally got an assistant about the last month, but then she went out of town for a week when I needed her the most. Hahahahaha.  And then it snowed and our neighborhood was a sheet of ice.  Good times.  And then the decorations were supposed to be saved from the first event and the Stake Pres. not realizing I was doing so ordered them taken down and my decorations person canceled with a week's notice and then the night before the program was finalized, I was finally told after two months of asking that the missionaries couldn't help with ushering and stuff for the first time in 20 years and and I pretty much wanted to wanted to punch someone in the face.  In the end, the stake pres. gave me a box of See's Candies and that saved lives.  We discussed the situation in a committee meeting and when someone said Sis. MorningStar got really slammed, I blurted out, "Yeah, that stunk." 

On 12/10/2016 at 2:21 PM, Jeanne said:

I find myself kind of slowing down on all the boards.  I just don't think anyone cares what I have to say..which isn't a whole lot..:P

Just saw this, you got that wrong Jeanne, I care.🎭

Edited by Tacenda
2 hours ago, strappinglad said:

So..   MS... Stake ' cat herder ' then?

On ice!  :D