Seriously No Politics ×

A Republican o.k. with Mormon Genocide

bluebell

25 minutes ago, california boy said:

I just watched a short video by Bill Maher (warning, bad language) thanking Donald Trump for exposing the hypocritical evangelics.  At the end he gives a big shout out to the Mormons for not following along, but standing up for their beliefs.  Unfortunately he pokes a little fun at Mormons at the end for some of the church's beliefs.  Not recommending you listen to the segment mostly because of language and irreverence, but it is certainly nice that he praises Mormons in general (only 19% support Trump) for standing by their principles rather than following a party nominee at all costs.

It was a back handed compliment. He gets a lot of LDS beliefs wrong. I don't know if it is deliberate or just ignorant. That tired old canard about " Magic"  underwear is a case in point. That being said, I generally like Maher  but his anti-religion shtick is getting old.

Edited by thesometimesaint
4 hours ago, bluebell said:

if it turns out that mormons voting for McMullin keeps Trump from winning?  Is this what this election has come to?

Mormon Hatred in Politics

Is Pax right, in that Mormons could see persecution for not voting for Trump, or is he just an idiot with a twitter account?

The responsible thing is for Trump is to denounce the horrific call to a "Mormohocaust". I doubt he will duecto either being ignorant of this or mot bothering to take time to denounce it. Pax ****inson, of course, should retract this statement and denouce it in its entirety. I doubt he will but I also doubt he'll stand by it if he's ever called out publicily for it. 

Beyond the typical rheterical persecution Mormons experience, I don't think Mormons will suffer beyond this. That's not to say more severe persecution sill not come further down the road but due directly to this, I simply do not think so. 

Edited by Darren10

Billl Maher, just wants a liberal "progressive" agenda.   He wasn't being kind to Mormons.   He was deciding and arguing refusing to vote for Trump somehow makes you someone who lives what you believe.   For those of us who are going to vote for Trump, it is insulting.  And not a little naive.

7 minutes ago, thesometimesaint said:

Trump is no friend of the LDS.

Neither is Clinton.  In fact I can't find anyone whose values are so diametrically opposed to LDS values as hers are.

ps.  I don't see how anybody could watch Billl Maher and be comfortable sitting in church the next day.

Edited by ERayR
dd ps

She's a Methodist, and much friendlier to LDS values than "I've never asked God for forgiveness" serial sexual assaulter Donald Trump.

As Brigham Young said "Truth is truth no matter where you find it". You'd be surprised by what makes me uncomfortable sitting in the front row pew of the Chapel. I've heard Church Leaders while they shout from the pulpit  in their loudest voice possible "AN HONEST DAY'S WORK", while they whisper in softest voice possible "for an honest days pay".

1 hour ago, ERayR said:

Neither is Clinton.  In fact I can't find anyone whose values are so diametrically opposed to LDS values as hers are.

ps.  I don't see how anybody could watch Billl Maher and be comfortable sitting in church the next day.

i AGREE.  HILLARY IS A LIAR AND SO IS THE DONALD!  I am living on alka seltzer trying to figure out what to do with my vote.  I will write your name in!!

Edited by Jeanne
9 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

I find it hard to agree with that argument. Clinton might disagree with the political views of many LDS but Trump brags about sins many of us say are next to murder. Which does God hate more? Adultery or the Affordable Care Act?

Otoh, Clinton may not have committed adultery, but she may have enabled it and covered up sexual assault.

53 minutes ago, Calm said:

Otoh, Clinton may not have committed adultery, but she may have enabled it and covered up sexual assault.

Evidence is very strong she covered up adultery by directly threatening the women Bill took for himself. It was adultery plus direct murder which brought down the house of David in God's eyes and I do not find the Clinton house too far behind. Adultery is perhaps not the worse sexual sin Bill's commited. The witnesses of Bill's women are quite compelling. 

I was going to hope that if Shrillary gets in Congress will block her most egregious abuses of power, but I fear that she will just govern by Executive Order, as her predecessor has done. All I know is that America will not look the same four years from now, regardless who wins.

7 hours ago, bluebell said:

if it turns out that mormons voting for McMullin keeps Trump from winning?  Is this what this election has come to?

Is Pax right, in that Mormons could see persecution for not voting for Trump, or is he just an idiot with a twitter account?

He is an idiot with a twitter account. Here is his rebutlle to the kerfuffle which showes what an offensive idiot he is. The never Trumpers and Mcmullin highlighted his twitter comment and called him a Trump PAC to smear Trump.  Voter manipulation at it's finest.

On the other hand, I find it sad anyone would think spreading rumors Mcmullin was gay would suppress Mormon support for him in Utah. The publicity and discussion that came from the offensive robocall from a white supremacist further advertised the claim.  This has been a very dirty campaign. 

Many players are actively behind the scenes trying to manipulate Mormons this year.

http://gotnews.com/choose-right-letter-mormon-friends-media-corruption-evan_mcmullin/

https://www.google.com/amp/mobile.nytimes.com/2016/11/02/us/politics/william-johnson-evan-mcmullin-robocalls-utah.amp.html

8 hours ago, bluebell said:

Recently, the President of the Evangelicals of America, spoke of endorsing Trump. When asked what happened to Romney, without missing a beat he said that millions stayed because Romney was a Mormon. Let's face it, we are loved by hardly anyone in America; "Still"! 

Edited by Bill "Papa" Lee
1 hour ago, bsjkki said:

He is an idiot with a twitter account. Here is his rebutlle to the kerfuffle which showes what an offensive idiot he is. The never Trumpers and Mcmullin highlighted his twitter comment and called him a Trump PAC to smear Trump.  Voter manipulation at it's finest.

On the other hand, I find it sad anyone would think spreading rumors Mcmullin was gay would suppress Mormon support for him in Utah. The publicity and discussion that came from the offensive robocall from a white supremacist further advertised the claim.  This has been a very dirty campaign. 

Many players are actively behind the scenes trying to manipulate Mormons this year.

http://gotnews.com/choose-right-letter-mormon-friends-media-corruption-evan_mcmullin/

https://www.google.com/amp/mobile.nytimes.com/2016/11/02/us/politics/william-johnson-evan-mcmullin-robocalls-utah.amp.html

It's true. I had a friend who was all up in arms about discovering that McMullin had given money to the Clinton campaign and it had been leaked by Wikileaks. 

She didn't notice that the article was a joke that a pro-Trump news site was trying to pass off as legitimate until someone pointed it out to her. 

18 minutes ago, bluebell said:

It's true. I had a friend who was all up in arms about discovering that McMullin had given money to the Clinton campaign and it had been leaked by Wikileaks. 

She didn't notice that the article was a joke that a pro-Trump news site was trying to pass off as legitimate until someone pointed it out to her. 

I followed a rumor to a fake news site today.  The hucksters know most people only read the headline.

9 hours ago, Calm said:

Trump is honest about his treatment of women?  Hardly.  The tape where he boasts of sexually assaulting women was a private one, not a public admission.

Yet there is not instance about him actually grabbing a woman by the *****. At least I don't know of one. . The most credible story I have heard regarding Trump's improprieties was from Miss Utah who said he kissed her on the lips without permission. 

As disgusting as that is to say, people in firehouses, police stations, teacher gatherings (even elementary teachers) in their own private settings, women who gather together regularly talk that way. It's a very sad commentary on society but it's quite the reality. 

11 hours ago, The Nehor said:

I find it hard to agree with that argument. Clinton might disagree with the political views of many LDS but Trump brags about sins many of us say are next to murder. Which does God hate more? Adultery or the Affordable Care Act?

The Affordable Care Act does force taxpayers to pay for abortions. 

6 hours ago, Darren10 said:

The Affordable Care Act does force taxpayers to pay for abortions. 

How does that work?  The federal government doesn't require any insurances to cover abortions.  They sometimes do, but that was true before the ACA even existed.

6 hours ago, Darren10 said:

Yet there is not instance about him actually grabbing a woman by the *****. At least I don't know of one. . The most credible story I have heard regarding Trump's improprieties was from Miss Utah who said he kissed her on the lips without permission. 

As disgusting as that is to say, people in firehouses, police stations, teacher gatherings (even elementary teachers) in their own private settings, women who gather together regularly talk that way. It's a very sad commentary on society but it's quite the reality. 

Trump has been accused of groping or out-right raping 13 women.