Seriously No Politics ×

Evangelicist mike haxton?

Doctrine 612

My neighbor who is a baptist invited me to his church to meet a man that calls himself evangelicist mike haxton the ex Mormon bishop.

does anyone know anything about this guy, I read a few things about his story but something feels off but look forward to meeting him to see what he says but iam sure its the same old song.

http://mormonmisc.podbean.com/e/mike-haxton-an-ex-mormon-bishop/

sounds like he is a vehement King James only evangelical

It never makes sense to me how the 1611 King James Version is the "perfect bible" and this is the version that is to be translated into all other languages instead of the versions the KJ translators used.

From the comments:

QUESTION: Didn’t the King James Bible when first printed contain the Apocrypha?

ANSWER: Yes.

EXPLANATION: Many critics of the perfect Bible like to point out that the original King James had the Apocrypha in it as though that fact compromises its integrity. But several things must be examined to get the factual picture. First, in the days in which our Bible was translated, the Apocrypha was accepted reading based on its historical value, though not accepted as Scripture by anyone outside of’ the Catholic church. The King James translators therefore placed it between the Old and New Testaments for its historical benefit to its readers. They did not integrate it into the Old Testament text as do the corrupt Alexandrian manuscripts. That they rejected the Apocrypha as divine is very obvious by the seven reasons which they gave for not incorporating it into the text. They are as follows: 1. Not one of them is in the Hebrew language, which was alone used by the inspired historians and poets of the Old Testament. 2. Not one of the writers lays any claim to inspiration. 3. These books were never acknowledged as sacred Scriptures by the Jewish Church, and therefore were never sanctioned by our Lord. 4. They were not allowed a place among the sacred books, during the first four centuries of the Christian Church. 5. They contain fabulous statements, and statements which contradict not only the canonical Scriptures, but themselves; as when, in the two Books of Maccabees, Antiochus Epiphanes is made to die three different deaths in as many different places. 6. It inculcates doctrines at variance with the Bible, such as prayers for the dead and sinless perfection. 7. It teaches immoral practices, such as lying, suicide, assassination and magical incantation. If having the Apocrypha between the Testaments disqualifies it as authoritative, then the corrupt Vaticanus and Sinaiticus manuscripts from Alexandria, Egypt must be totally worthless since their authors obviously didn’t have the conviction of the King James translators and incorporated its books into the text of the Old Testament thus giving it authority with Scripture.

Edited by Calm

Apparently God has honored the KJV thus proving it is the true word of God.  The other true word of God text is the Syrian text which apparently the KJV uses (I don't know the history much).

http://www.biblebelievers.com/jmelton/fables.html

PS:. Someone in the comments of the podcast said something about Haxton's civility so I am just posting this as it appears to me from the bit I listened to that he uses the same sort of reasoning and not that he buys into the rather nasty attacks this author makes.  And I may be wrong as I didn't listen to much.

Edited by Calm

Kind of sad he sees the most important attribute of his ministry is being an exMormon bishop:

http://gibf.org/bapt_times/0509.pdf

Here he is sharing how to witness to the missionaries:

link bad unfortunately

Nothing besides the bad link, the ad in the Baptist Times and the news clipping is coming up when I google him so far.

Edited by Calm

Found something of value, tells his story, strangely it says nothing about him being a former bishop.

https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1933&dat=20040820&id=fCMgAAAAIBAJ&sjid=aGkFAAAAIBAJ&pg=1380,5818260&hl=en

OTOH, that is the only info in this one:

https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1933&dat=20040813&id=eSMgAAAAIBAJ&sjid=aGkFAAAAIBAJ&pg=3840,5469994&hl=en

Edited by Calm
29 minutes ago, Calm said:

Apparently God has honored the KJV...

I agree in large part with the general assertion. The KJV is largely a copy-and-paste job of Tyndale's earlier translation.

http://www1.cbn.com/churchandministry/the-kjv-a-lasting-monument-to-william-tyndale

On September 5, 2016 at 3:17 AM, Doctrine 612 said:

My neighbor who is a baptist invited me to his church to meet a man that calls himself evangelicist mike haxton the ex Mormon bishop.

does anyone know anything about this guy, I read a few things about his story but something feels off but look forward to meeting him to see what he says but iam sure its the same old song.

I have never heard of him, and know many by name. If the guy is a KJV only, that is quite a transition from Mormon Bishop to believing Noah's Ark had dinosaurs on it, and the Sun revolving The Earth. 

So last night I met and talked with mike he talked about how the Angel Moroni could not be an agel of God and that the apostasy never happened so God never had to restore it. Also he said Joseph was instructed by a salamander.

i asked to give references to his statements but he had non.

i am going to the next meeting Friday with the information about the salamander hoax by Hoffman to see if he will recant.

we also talked about salvation in Mormonism and he was surprised that I believe in grace the way I do. 

I love it when people tell me what I believe 😉

On 9/8/2016 at 8:42 PM, Pa Pa said:

I have never heard of him, and know many by name. If the guy is a KJV only, that is quite a transition from Mormon Bishop to believing Noah's Ark had dinosaurs on it, and the Sun revolving The Earth. 

Yeah, it baffles me how the Book of Mormon is somehow implausible to these people.....as if we are the ridiculous ones. We may be loonies but you are the ones who need locking up for your safety.

Just now, Calm said:

Here. Is the false angel claim:

http://en.fairmormon.org/Moroni's_visit/Angel_of_Satan

If the Apostasy never happened, ask him why he isn't Catholic or Orthodox. ;)

Because God did not reveal his true word until 1611 when the King James Version came out. Really, he is a restorationist with a twist.

Instead of Joseph Smith you have King James who is recorded to have looked like this as a boy:

800px-King_James_I_of_England_and_VI_of_

And this as a young man:

James_VI_of_Scotland_aged_20,_1586..jpg

James was involved in witchcraft studies and considered a branch of theology and thought witches attacked his ship and had them convicted. He is reported to have personally supervised the torture of these witches.

He taught the Divine Right of Kings in that royals have the divine right to do basically anything though of course God can punish them if he likes.

He was the target of Guy Fawkes, a guy who sought to blow up the royal family and Parliament. The British, of course, made it into Guy Fawkes Day, a British holiday where you burn things. British are weird. I love them and I served my Mission there but they make us blowing up parts of our own country on July 4th look reasonable. We are celebrating the birth of our nation. They burn things because a crazy guy didn't blow up a government building. They also later added burning the Pope in effigy to the celebration to give it a bit of zing for some time but that has (for better or worse) been dropped lately.

He is also a suspected homosexual and got some only possible symbolic poetry from his possible love the Duke of Buckingham.

This is the hero of American Evangelicals everywhere? A suspected homosexual who believed in absolute monarchies. Who tortured witches and burned popes in effigy (though for some this might be a positive?). 

And these people try to poke fun at Joseph Smith because he made money digging for treasure? Glass houses and all that.

Things I never knew about baptist they believe that there church has been around since Christ started it , who knew.

also his arguments were superficial very poor taste, or in other words just the same old garbage.

we had a little exchange in the hall way at the baptists church and many people were watching as mike used his Mormon debunk questions lucky me I know what is Mormon teaching and not.

mike- doctrine 612 what do you believe about the many changes in the Book of Mormon?

doctrine612- that same as the changes to the kjv, spelling and punctuation errors.

1 hour ago, Doctrine 612 said:

Things I never knew about baptist they believe that there church has been around since Christ started it , who knew.

also his arguments were superficial very poor taste, or in other words just the same old garbage.

we had a little exchange in the hall way at the baptists church and many people were watching as mike used his Mormon debunk questions lucky me I know what is Mormon teaching and not.

mike- doctrine 612 what do you believe about the many changes in the Book of Mormon?

doctrine612- that same as the changes to the kjv, spelling and punctuation errors.

I would suggest asking him how he knows what he believes about the Mormons to be true? Is he relying upon his own logic?, in other words ".....the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm,....." (Jeremiah 17:5), or is he relying upon the Holy Spirit of truth to tell him these things? ("Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth....."John 16:13) Then ask him if you can pray with him to have that Spirit of truth, that Jesus talked about in John, while you discuss things. I would also ask him if you could discuss these things in a little more privacy. If you can do it in more of a private setting it would even be better since pride might cause him to not be receptive to the Spirit as you discuss these things. This is how I would handle the situation if it came up for me anyway.