Seriously No Politics ×

Lawyer suggests fugitive polygamist Mormon sect leader was kidnapped, or maybe scooped up to heaven

ttribe

6 minutes ago, sheilauk said:

I hope her tongue was in her cheek!

I suspect it wasn't; but she had to do what she had to do...

Given that her client(s) intend to invoke a religious argument in defense of their fraudulent actions, I'm guessing anything and everything is on the table: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/08/30/food-stamp-fraud-suspects-to-make-religious-defense-argument.html

Edited by ttribe

Surely to do her job all she had to say was that she didn't know where he was, the rest was speculation and surely not necessary, which is why I hope it was tongue in cheek because otherwise it doesn't seem very professional. Is their religious argument likely to succeed?  It wouldn't in the UK but our laws can be very different.

15 minutes ago, sheilauk said:

Surely to do her job all she had to say was that she didn't know where he was, the rest was speculation and surely not necessary, which is why I hope it was tongue in cheek because otherwise it doesn't seem very professional. Is their religious argument likely to succeed?  It wouldn't in the UK but our laws can be very different.

I'm doubtful that their religious argument will succeed.  To do so, I suspect the FLDS would have to open its internal workings to scrutiny from investigators; a step they've been very unwilling to take in the past.  If I had to guess, the fugitive in question has been "spirited away" to one of the FLDS communities in Canada.

28 minutes ago, ttribe said:

If I had to guess, the fugitive in question has been "spirited away" to.... Canada.

Of course, since that is heaven.

Warning:  Ellipses are dangerous and should only be attempted by a professional.