Seriously No Politics ×

From Baptist Preacher to Mormon Teacher

17 hours ago, Jim Stiles said:

Author, former Baptist, or former preacher?

Author of poems, you can click on my link at the bottom of this post and see a few of my poems, by William E Lee (there you will find only the ones I have both copyrighted and have sold in a few bookstores, here in the South). Also, yes to former Baptist, and my first sermons we given in a Baptist pulpit as I thought that was my calling, but God led me to a different ordaintion and a different pulpit. In fact I will be speaking this Sunday from the "stand or pulpit" if you will. So any who read this, keep me in your prayers. 

On 4/22/2016 at 5:24 PM, Pa Pa said:

Also, yes to former Baptist, and my first sermons we given in a Baptist pulpit as I thought that was my calling, but God led me to a different ordaintion and a different pulpit. In fact I will be speaking this Sunday from the "stand or pulpit" if you will. So any who read this, keep me in your prayers. 

Are you going to speak about grace and works?  Then you will really need our help.

Wain Myers nodded in agreement. “The gospel changed everything completely. We were no longer victims, statistics," he said. "We were grafted into Heavenly Father’s family and we were shielded.”

Great to see the Gospel helping to overcome a critical myth that pervades and holds back much of black American culture.

9 hours ago, cdowis said:

Are you going to speak about grace and works?  Then you will really need our help.

I actually handle that well, but did not speak I was in the Hoispital "again"! 

On 4/22/2016 at 8:39 PM, Jim Stiles said:

Does anyone know anything about this book and the book's author?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0155FWW28/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?ie=UTF8&btkr=1

I have read about 60% of his book, and I have yet to see any evidence that he has had either the formal or informal instruction in the Bible required to teach in either the Pentecostal or Baptist denominations.  True, not every evangelical church requires all pastors to have a Masters of Divinity, but every evangelical church needs to require its teachers to have some mastery of the Bible.  Furthermore, he apparently under the impression that God speaks to him when he prays.  Methodists and others sometimes use the language of "God speaking to me" in a metaphoric sense to indicate when the Holy Spirit has illuminated to them a passage of the Bible.  Given his mother's history of paranoid schizophrenia, I wonder if he is speaking metaphorically or does he really believe that he is receiving auditory revelations from God?

JS perhaps you can find out more info via Facebook  by typing in his name or doing a google search for his name or his book. The early Church N.T Leaders and early immediate Post N.T Church leaders were not "trained" in theological doctrines in seminaries.

Washing My Robes In His Blood

The Atonement It Is The Central Doctrine

In His Eternal Debt/Grace 

Anakin7  

52 minutes ago, Anakin7 said:

JS perhaps you can find out more info via Facebook  by typing in his name or doing a google search for his name or his book. The early Church N.T Leaders and early immediate Post N.T Church leaders were not "trained" in theological doctrines in seminaries.

Washing My Robes In His Blood

The Atonement It Is The Central Doctrine

In His Eternal Debt/Grace 

Anakin7  

They were, however, informally trained in both the Old Testament and in those portions of the New Testament that they had access to.  A cursory inspection of extra-biblical Christian literature of the time suggests that they were well versed in God's word.

Edited by Jim Stiles
On 25/04/2016 at 5:43 PM, Jim Stiles said:

They were, however, informally trained in both the Old Testament and in those portions of the New Testament that they had access to.  A cursory inspection of extra-biblical Christian literature of the time suggests that they were well versed in God's word.

How could someone well versed in God's word invent a teaching that Heavenly Father was once 
a man who became a God or that God is not God from everlasting to everlasting?

Thanks,
Jim

• 2 years later...