A Heart After God

When I logged into Facebook this morning I saw a post of mine from a year ago. Sometimes Facebook does these "On this day" notifications and you can see what you posted at this time a year ago. I thought I would share a few of my Facebook posts from this time last year. I was thinking about how most of the interactions between Evangelicals and Latter-day Saints center on the beliefs that divide us. Most of the discussions/debates are about doctrine / theology / biblical interpretation / church history, etc. We love God with all of our mind by diligently studying his Word, but we are also to love God with all of our heart. I thought these Facebook posts would give you a side of Evangelicalism that is not usually presented in these types of forums:

April 13, 2015 at 9:31am · 

Isaiah 40 is one of the most incredible texts of Scripture. God has deeply stirred my heart in meditating upon it (and Isaiah 6) lately. I am fascinated by God. I am in awe of God. I want to be closer to Him. I want to know Him better. My prayer is that He will open my eyes, unstop my ears and soften my heart that I might pursue Him with all of my being.

April 24, 2015 · 

There is no one and nothing like the true and living God. In Isaiah He asks:

"To whom then will you compare me,
that I should be like him? says the Holy One." (Isa. 40:25)

“To whom will you liken me and make me equal,
and compare me, that we may be alike?" (Isa. 46:5)

Our great God is the Unequaled One, the Unparalleled One.

Therefore,

He deserves our unequaled passion, our unparalleled pursuit.
He deserves our unequaled fear, our unparalleled reverence.
He is worthy of our unequaled devotion, our unparalleled worship.
He is worthy or our unequaled attention, our unparalleled focus

May 1, 2015 · 

Psalm 16 really impacted me this week. I have meditated on and prayed these words over and over this week:

"I say to the Lord, “You are my Lord;
apart from you I have no good thing.” (2)

"Lord, you alone are my portion and my cup;
you make my lot secure." (5)

"I keep my eyes always on the Lord.
With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken." (8)

"You make known to me the path of life;
you will fill me with joy in your presence,
with eternal pleasures at your right hand." (11)*

And this one just for fun:

MARCH 25

Steve Noel updated his status.

Mar 25, 2015 11:11am

I've studied Bible, theology, apologetics and philosophy, but nothing can prepare you for deep questions from children. My 5 year old just asked:

"Can Jesus turn the Devil into a moose?"

Edited by Steve Noel

Thanks for posting this!  

I, too, am perplexed about the question of whether Jesus can turn the devil into a moose!  

But I would like to come down on the side of, "Yes, He can!"  Now as to whether He should or not, well that's another question!

Thanks so much for this.  Your posts on facebook are a lot like poetry and defines better what should be common for Christians.

I had a hard time understanding Isaiah sometimes and yet his words would be like music somehow,.intense and all knowing where you would read it over and over to try to understand.

Hugs..

Jeanne

• 4 months later...