Seriously No Politics ×

GOOD NEWS. Tacenda It May Be Here Sooner Than You Expected

ERayR

Well, it is possible that "the walls will fall" for Lyle Jeffs: all the others have been released on bond.   He may be too.   I don't imagine though that he's going to be able to travel to see Warren Jeffs though in TX, even if he is released in SLC.

13 hours ago, ERayR said:

Two days left till the end of times!  Excellent.  No wonder the number of missionaries has gone down.

It's about time!!!  Thanks for the good news ERayR!  Here's hoping for all those disconnected families to reunite with all their loved ones...lost boys no more, and young girls marrying whom they choose.  But still allowing them freedom of religion, and finally freedom from dictatorship.  

Edited by Tacenda
  • 2 months later...
35 minutes ago, Tacenda said:

They weren't righteous enough, they never are.

Seriously? I'm confused. I thought one of the points of Lorin Woolley's version of perpetuating plural marriage was the idea that by continuing "the practice" and ensuring that children continued to be born under the New and Everlasting Covenant (which Woolley believed to be synonymous with plural marriage) that they were forestalling the end of times?

1 minute ago, Meg Stout said:

Seriously? I'm confused. I thought one of the points of Lorin Woolley's version of perpetuating plural marriage was the idea that by continuing "the practice" and ensuring that children continued to be born under the New and Everlasting Covenant (which Woolley believed to be synonymous with plural marriage) that they were forestalling the end of times?

I swear I heard it was something to do with what they were doing wrong. But will check my memory with facts and be back.

4 hours ago, Meg Stout said:

It was "the principle", not "the practice".

And I've never heard any teaching of Woolley that the end of times was being forestalled by the practice.  I'd like to see that quote.

He claimed that they were under covenant by John Taylor " that while we lived we would see to it that no year passed by without children being born in the principle of plural marriage. We were given authority to ordain others if necessary to carry this work on, they in turn to be given authority to ordain others when necessary, under the direction of the worthy senior ( by ordination), so that there should be no cessation in the work. "

9 minutes ago, JLHPROF said:

It was "the principle", not "the practice".

And I've never heard any teaching of Woolley that the end of times was being forestalled by the practice.  I'd like to see that quote.

He claimed that they were under covenant by John Taylor " that while we lived we would see to it that no year passed by without children being born in the principle of plural marriage. We were given authority to ordain others if necessary to carry this work on, they in turn to be given authority to ordain others when necessary, under the direction of the worthy senior ( by ordination), so that there should be no cessation in the work. "

I'll bet he's turning over in his grave at how the FLDS leaders of the group are behaving now.  

5 minutes ago, Tacenda said:

I'll bet he's turning over in his grave at how the FLDS leaders of the group are behaving now.  

Can't say for sure, but based on my research into Woolley it's a safe bet he would denounce the lot of them.

Child marriage didn't start until well after his death.