Seriously No Politics ×

General Conference

I am home sick for the weekend. I am going to try and watch some of the LDS General Conference. I have never seen any General Conference messages. Any tips, suggestions, etc.? Are there specific times or speakers that would be better to watch than others?

We won't know the schedule of speakers until it happens.

You might want to keep your eye here as people will talk about the ones they like and if you DVR it or watch it online later, you can focus on the ones you want.

23 minutes ago, Steve Noel said:

I am home sick for the weekend. I am going to try and watch some of the LDS General Conference. I have never seen any General Conference messages. Any tips, suggestions, etc.? Are there specific times or speakers that would be better to watch than others?

Well..no matter what...get better!  My son and I and still trying to get over the sore throat thing and it has been a month! 

1 minute ago, Steve Noel said:

Thanks. My wife, three girls and I are all sick. 

You need a neighbor with a big pot of soup!  Hope you weekend brings all of you better health. 

1 hour ago, Steve Noel said:

I'm sure you will find it interesting, thought-provoking and enjoyable. As you're watching, keep in mind we Latter-day Saints believe the members of the First Presidency and the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles are prophets.

Edited by Bobbieaware

Silly me... I thought you were "home sick" for the weekend of Gen Conf... ha!  I too hope you and your family get better quickly.  If you have DISH or Direct TV you can watch Gen Conference on BYU-TV...

I don't know of anyone who doesn't enjoy Pres Uchtdorf... and I love Pres Eyring... And I second bluebell on Elder Holland.  But there are others from all the gen authorities who touch me each conference session...

GG

3 hours ago, Steve Noel said:

I am not certain but I think I may be able to get the BYU channel on the Roku. We don't have cable at this time.

If you don't have cable, you can still watch it (or listen if you have a slow internet connection).  It's live-streamed.

Go here: https://www.lds.org/general-conference?lang=eng

At this moment, it is possible to view the speakers at the General Women's Session (this session occurred earlier this week).  The General Women's session is considered to be part of General Conference.  Tomorrow, the live-stream links will be available.