Seriously No Politics ×

Mormons to open Starbucks locations inside LDS temples

JAHS

On Thursday news was leaked from the headquarters of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints that the church has entered into a franchising agreement with the global powerhouse Starbucks, agreeing to incorporate Starbucks coffeehouses in ten LDS temples around the world.

Although no official announcement about the venture is expected at this weekend’s LDS General Conference, sources say construction is scheduled to begin immediately for Starbucks locations at the LDS temples in New York, Rome, Hong Kong, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Accra, Sydney, Salt Lake City, and Frankfurt.

http://janariess.religionnews.com/2016/04/01/mormons-open-starbucks-locations-inside-lds-temples/

12 minutes ago, JAHS said:

On Thursday news was leaked from the headquarters of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints that the church has entered into a franchising agreement with the global powerhouse Starbucks, agreeing to incorporate Starbucks coffeehouses in ten LDS temples around the world.

Although no official announcement about the venture is expected at this weekend’s LDS General Conference, sources say construction is scheduled to begin immediately for Starbucks locations at the LDS temples in New York, Rome, Hong Kong, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Accra, Sydney, Salt Lake City, and Frankfurt.

http://janariess.religionnews.com/2016/04/01/mormons-open-starbucks-locations-inside-lds-temples/

You know...I almost fell for this!!;)

Whew, I am so much happier that I can come out into the open now.  I am Storm Rider and I drink coffee constantly.  Starbucks in the temple will make me able to get my fix so much more easily rather than having to carry a thermos with me all the time.  Now if they will only start serving cocktails in crystal glasses and allow finer apparel in the temple I will be more comfortable.  :D

1 hour ago, JAHS said:

It's plausible. After all, they do have quite a few non-coffee items on their menu. But in place of coffee they could sell Pepsi Max, Jolt Cola and Red Bull.

4 hours ago, JAHS said:

"In Temples" (not a chance), unless you are speaking of visitors centers, museums and the like. Only we are commanded to obey the WoW, not non-members who visit. Drinking coffee by others is not a sin. The sin for members is violating commandments and covenants. This was already the case in new mall. 

3 hours ago, Bobbieaware said:

It's plausible. After all, they do have quite a few non-coffee items on their menu. But in place of coffee they could sell Pepsi Max, Jolt Cola and Red Bull.

Or just a mini-mall with a great cafeteria.:P Sell wedding dresses and garments right there!