Seriously No Politics ×

Who do we know has been resurrected and or exalted?

25 minutes ago, VideoGameJunkie said:

I'm wondering who through history we know of. We know Jesus has been resurrected and exalted, and D&C says Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob have received exaltation. Was Moroni resurrected already when he appeared to Joseph Smith? And has Adam, Noah, Moses, etc ever been talked about as being exalted and resurrected yet?

Very few that we know of. Adam, Abraham, Jesus, maybe a few more. Many more I put on the list as probably.

33 minutes ago, VideoGameJunkie said:

I'm wondering who through history we know of. We know Jesus has been resurrected and exalted, and D&C says Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob have received exaltation. Was Moroni resurrected already when he appeared to Joseph Smith? And has Adam, Noah, Moses, etc ever been talked about as being exalted and resurrected yet?

If our Father has all of eternity before him along with the present and the past in one eternal now, as some people believe,  and everyone who is ever going to be exalted Is in the same situation as our Father, with all of eternity as one eternal now for them too, oh, nevermind, that wasn't the question you were asking, was it.

Or was it?  Just in case, everyone who is exalted now or ever going to be. And hopefully I am among them.

Exalted: God the Father, Heavenly Mother, Jesus?

Resurrected: Jesus, Peter James, John, John the Baptist, Moroni; Some at the same time Jesus was resurrected.

I don't think any from this earth have been exalted yet since this earth is supposed to be the Celestial Kingdom.

25 minutes ago, JAHS said:

Exalted: God the Father, Heavenly Mother, Jesus?

Resurrected: Jesus, Peter James, John, John the Baptist, Moroni; Some at the same time Jesus was resurrected.

I don't think any from this earth have been exalted yet since this earth is supposed to be the Celestial Kingdom.

But D&C 132 says ABraham Isaac and Jacob have entered their exaltation and sit upon thrones. So at least 3 from this earth have been exalted already.

1 hour ago, VideoGameJunkie said:

Unless they have come back to tell us about it we don't KNOW of anyone who meets your criteria.

From D&C 132:

29 Abraham received all things, whatsoever he received, by revelation and commandment, by my word, saith the Lord, and hath entered into his exaltation and sitteth upon his throne.

37 Abraham received concubines, and they bore him children; and it was accounted unto him for righteousness, because they were given unto him, and he abode in my law; as Isaac also and Jacob did none other things than that which they were commanded; and because they did none other things than that which they were commanded, they have entered into their exaltation, according to the promises, and sit upon thrones, and are not angels but are gods.

Either Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob have already entered their exaltation and are gods, or Joseph Smith and Doctrine and Covenants can't be trusted as truth.

Edited by VideoGameJunkie
Just now, VideoGameJunkie said:

From D&C 132:

29 Abraham received all things, whatsoever he received, by revelation and commandment, by my word, saith the Lord, and hath entered into his exaltation and sitteth upon his throne.

37 Abraham received concubines, and they bore him children; and it was accounted unto him for righteousness, because they were given unto him, and he abode in my law; as Isaac also and Jacob did none other things than that which they were commanded; and because they did none other things than that which they were commanded, they have entered into their exaltation, according to the promises, and sit upon thrones, and are not angels but are gods.

Either Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob have already entered their exaltation and are gods, or Joseph Smith and Doctrine and Covenants can't be trusted as truth.

Yes you are correct. Personally I am suspect of D&C 132.

But hey I am just a half baked apostate skeptic.  Don't listen to me. 

4 minutes ago, Teancum said:

Yes you are correct. Personally I am suspect of D&C 132.

But hey I am just a half baked apostate skeptic.  Don't listen to me. 

You'd be making it a lot easier to not listen to you if you would just stop saying stuff

But oh well. I suppose everybody likes to be heard.

14 minutes ago, VideoGameJunkie said:

But D&C 132 says ABraham Isaac and Jacob have entered their exaltation and sit upon thrones. So at least 3 from this earth have been exalted already.

Yes it does say that but the D&C 132 scriptures could also be an example of a biblical figure of speech called "prophetic perfect". Prophetic perfect is used when a prophecy that is certain to happen in the future, is talked about as if it has already happened. Another example of this figure of speech is found in the prophetic scriptures of Isaiah where he declares, “For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given… ” (Isaiah 9:6), making it sound as if Jesus was already born, 700 years before it actually happened. It simply means that because it was prophesied by a prophet of God it is a sure thing and therefore is spoken of in present or past tense language. The same can be said regarding the scriptures describing the certain future exalted status of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

2 minutes ago, JAHS said:

Yes it does say that but the D&C 132 scriptures could also be an example of a biblical figure of speech called "prophetic perfect". Prophetic perfect is used when a prophecy that is certain to happen in the future, is talked about as if it has already happened. Another example of this figure of speech is found in the prophetic scriptures of Isaiah where he declares, “For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given… ” (Isaiah 9:6), making it sound as if Jesus was already born, 700 years before it actually happened. It simply means that because it was prophesied by a prophet of God it is a sure thing and therefore is spoken of in present or past tense language. The same can be said regarding the scriptures describing the certain future exalted status of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

Well that could explain why Joseph saw his brother Alvin in the Celestial Kingdom in D&C 137 and how Joseph Friday Smith saw everybody in 138.

Are you asking for personal opinion, or doctrinally establishied truths?

In my opinion every dispensation head has been resurrected - (Adam, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Moses, Christ, Joseph Smith)
And others like John the Baptist, Peter, James, (not John yet), Moroni, and lots of others.

As for exaltation - if D&C 132 is correct about Abraham, Isaac and Jacob I would presume others of the same stature have already been exalted too.

1 hour ago, VideoGameJunkie said:

JAHS brings up a valid point. If this earth is supposed to turn into our Celestial Kingdom then where are those who are exalted right now?

Waiting for the interlopers to be kicked off. Hieing to Kolob or whatever.

3 hours ago, VideoGameJunkie said:

It is implied in D&C 138 that many names were waiting for the resurrection of the Lord.

Enoch and Moses and Elijah were all translated so whether they have been resurrected or are still just immortal is unknown. John the Baptist and Moroni were both resurrected as were Peter and James (John may have still been just translated).

As to being exalted not sure. You can be resurrected before you are exalted. Exaltation usually must wait for the Final Judgement after the Millenium and the conflicts at the end of it. I anticipate being resurrected long before the Final Judgement. If I do not make at least the Terrestrial cut I might go full on Son of Perdition and try to usurp Cain and the devil for fun.