Seriously No Politics ×

What is Biblical Christianity...

pseudogratix

What exactly is meant by "Biblical Christianity?" Does it mean to follow the Bible solely?

The earliest, and possibly the greatest Christians did not have the New Testament but instead they had revelation.

Would that than men that Biblical Christianity is an apostate form of Christianity since we should be relying on God's Spirit?

Yes, Biblical Christianity follows the Bible solely.

True, the New Testament was still being written but the Old Testament was there. In the book of Acts, Paul commends the Bereans for searching the scriptures to see if what he said was true:

Acts 17:11 - These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

Additonally, many of the earliest Christians were eye-witnesses to the things that happened in the New Testament or knew people who were.

As for relying on the spirit, that is essential in Biblical Christianity

Perhaps a better title of this thread should be : What Makes Your Form Of Christianity Biblical ?. Anyone ever read Richard R. Hopkins Book : Biblical Mormonism, subtitled : Responding To Evangelical Criticism Of LDS Theology ?. Grace .

Yes, Biblical Christianity follows the Bible solely.

No, the Biblical pattern is continuing revelation and God adding scripture (Amos 3:7, Ezekiel 37, Ephesians 4:11-14, etc.). So only those Christians who believe in scripture and revelation above and beyond the Bible are Biblical.

The Earliest Christians [1st-Mid 3rd century] were not "Biblical".

They were more Biblical than any Christians who came after except the LDS, who are the restoration of the first Christians.

Proverbs 30:5-6 - Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

Deuteronomy 4:2 - Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

Another key component to biblical Christianity is that there is, has been, and will be only one God period:

Isaiah 43:10 - Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Proverbs 30:5-6 - Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

Deuteronomy 4:2 - Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

And your point is ?. Niether one of these Isolated scriptures refers to a 66 Book Canon. To take Duet 4:2 literaly is to not have any more scripture after Duet 4:2. We LDS also believe Every Word that proceedeth forth from the mouth of GOD and is pure as it goes forth from him. Peace.

This verse in Hosea speaks to the Biblical Christian belief that God is not man:

Hosea 11:9 - "I will not execute the fierceness of mine anger, I will not return to destroy Ephraim: for I am God, and not man; the Holy One in the midst of thee..."

Another key component to biblical Christianity is that there is, has been, and will be only one God period:

Isaiah 43:10 - Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Is the "One" Absolute or Composite in your Form ?.

Isaiah 43:10= Pre Mortal Jehovah/Jesus Christ, Hebrew Construct is the Exclusivity of a Sweetheart, "You are the only one for me".

This verse in Hosea speaks to the Biblical Christian belief that God is not man:

Hosea 11:9 - "I will not execute the fierceness of mine anger, I will not return to destroy Ephraim: for I am God, and not man; the Holy One in the midst of thee..."

Once again the Hebrew construct is comparing Glorified Man [GOD] To sinful Man, Us.

Which "One God" Trinity Model/Form do you comform to ? :Western, Eastern, Eastern, Economic,Essential, Social, Tritheistic, Modalistic/Sabellian ?.

Which Anchient or Modern Scholar/Theologian Has the Correct Trinity ?. Thank You.

pseudogratix, posting links to fair articles does not sufficiently discredit the verses I have quoted. God clearly states in Hosea that he is not man.

Tanyan, in Isaiah 43 God clearly states that before him there was no God formed and neither shall there be after him.

pseudogratix, posting links to fair articles does not sufficiently discredit the verses I have quoted. God clearly states in Hosea that he is not man.

Tanyan, in Isaiah 43 God clearly states that before him there was no God formed and neither shall there be after him.

Benji, Try again please you avoided the resposes totaly. Grace.

pseudogratix, I have been answering your question in my posts to this thread. There are many things within the frame of Biblical Christianity.

I have begun by stating that Biblical Christianity agrees with what the Bible says about the nature of God, that he is the only God, and that he is not man. Additonally Biblical Christianity believes that God is spirit:

John 4:24 - God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Archived