Seriously No Politics ×

The Messiah: A Married Polygamist

49 minutes ago, volgadon said:

Noticed that his credentials are not in the relevant fields, and those who are properly credentialed do not take him seriously.

Causing riots and demonstrations is a pretty oustanding accomplishment for a guy who "is not being taken seriously".

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/tp-andhrapradesh/christian-organisations-protest-against-the-lost-gospel/article6609870.ecehttp://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/tp-andhrapradesh/christian-organisations-protest-against-the-lost-gospel/article6609870.ece

His coauthor... Barrie A. Wilson is better credentialed than he is.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barrie_Wilson

Wilson was born in Montreal in November 1940 and attended Bishop's UniversityLennoxville, Quebec, majoring in Philosophy and Psychology, graduating with a B.A. magna cum laude. He completed an M.A. in Philosophy at Columbia University, New York City, and took courses atUnion Theological Seminary and the Episcopal Church's General Theological Seminary, both in New York City. He earned a degree in Biblical Studies (S.T.B.) from the Anglican Church’s Trinity College, University of Toronto, studying with Dr. Frank Beare, a noted Biblical scholar and Dr. Eugene Fairweather, an Anglican historian of early Christianity and Dr. Norman Pittenger, a well-regarded Episcopalian process theologian.

Wilson completed his Ph.D. in Philosophy of Religion and Near Eastern Studies at the University of Toronto in 1975. His dissertation was on Biblical Hermeneutics, the logic of textual interpretation, and evidence for making sense of texts.

As a historian Wilson is interested in evidence-based reasoning about biblical texts. As he writes on his website, "My passion has been the new historical puzzles and 'disconnects' created by recent explorations into the foundations of early Christianity."

Edited by Zakuska
50 minutes ago, Zakuska said:

Hes a professor IN accedemia on the very subject.

So is his co-author/fellow researcher.

The accolades are for investigative journalism presented in documentary film form. They are not carte blanch endorsements of his claims regarding the Bible and archaeology.

On Tuesday, December 08, 2015 at 10:12 PM, Zakuska said:

Psalms 45

Mine heart will utter forth a good matter: I will entreat in my works of the king: my tongue is as the pen of a swift writer.

Thou art [c]fairer than the children of men: grace is poured in thy lips, because God hath blessed thee forever.

Gird thy sword upon thy thigh, O most mighty, to wit, thy worship and thy glory:

And prosper with thy glory: [d]ride upon the word of truth and of meekness and of righteousness: so thy right hand shall teach thee terrible things.

Thine arrows are sharp to pierce the heart of the King’s enemies: therefore the people shall fall under thee.

Thy [e]throne, O God, is forever and ever: the scepter of thy kingdom, is a scepter of righteousness.

Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness, because God, even thy God, hath [f]anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

All thy garments smell of myrrh and aloes, and cassia, when thou comest out of the ivory palaces[g]where they have made thee glad.

King’s daughters were among thine honorable wives: upon thy right hand did stand the [h]Queen in a vesture of gold of Ophir.

10 [i]Hearken, O daughter, and consider, and incline thine ear: forget also thine own people and thy father’s house.

11 So shall the King have pleasure in thy beauty: for he is thy Lord, and reverence thou him.

12 And the [j]daughter of [k]Tyre with the rich of the people, shall do homage before thy face with presents.

13 The King’s daughter is all glorious [l]within: her clothing is of broidered gold.

14 She shall be brought unto the King in raiment of needlework: the virgins that follow after her, and her companions shall be brought unto thee.

15 With joy and gladness shall they be brought, and shall enter into the king’s palace.

16 Instead of thy fathers shall thy [m]children be: thou shalt make them princes [n]through all the earth.

17 I will make thy [o]Name to be remembered through all generations: therefore shall the people give thanks unto thee, world without end

The 45 Psalm depicts the Messiah as a Married Polygamist.

https://archive.org/stream/seereditedbyorso01unse/seereditedbyorso01unse_djvu.txt

We know this is speaking about the Messiah because Paul quotes this psalm and tells us as much.

Apprently Jesus was married, or will be one day!

What do you think... was the Apostle Orson Pratt right?

Orson Pratt was wrong about most of his teachings which added to scripture -

Heavenly Father did not "marry" Mary nor have relations with her. Jesus as the begotten Son of the Father is a covenant relationship or a "spiritual" one - not a physical one. The Nephites did not land in S. America, etc.

That said, I do believe Jesus was previously married. Don't ask where His wives were - I don't have that answer. As to whether He took any women to wife on this earth, I don't believe so.

19 hours ago, Zakuska said:

Hes a professor IN accedemia on the very subject.

So is his co-author/fellow researcher.

And?  The accolades are coming from the film community, not the academic community.  The guy is a talented filmmaker and his work is immensely entertaining.  Academically though, he strays too far and bullies his critics.  He also calls himself an archaeologist--none of his education is in the field of anthropology or anything even close.