Seriously No Politics ×

Board Guidelines Update - Please Review Before Posting

Ares

• 1 month later...

@rodheadleesometimes I wish there was a politics only thread. I need to vent and have no where to do that, unless with a bunch of strangers. Would rather with those who have insights here.

And maybe we need to discuss the horribleness that is occurring now with Ukraine and Russia. I feel very dumb because I don't know the history in these countries. And I worry what is in all our futures. Is this what has been stated as the 3rd world war now? 

I just ate a very large maple donut bar and earlier today more donuts. I eat when I'm stressed out, and I've never been more worried about our world than I am now. 

I'd love a place to get some hope...or a thread...to discuss and alleviate some fears.

Edited by Tacenda
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/24/2022 at 9:55 PM, Tacenda said:

@rodheadleesometimes I wish there was a politics only thread. I need to vent and have no where to do that, unless with a bunch of strangers. Would rather with those who have insights here.

And maybe we need to discuss the horribleness that is occurring now with Ukraine and Russia. I feel very dumb because I don't know the history in these countries. And I worry what is in all our futures. Is this what has been stated as the 3rd world war now? 

I just ate a very large maple donut bar and earlier today more donuts. I eat when I'm stressed out, and I've never been more worried about our world than I am now. 

I'd love a place to get some hope...or a thread...to discuss and alleviate some fears.

I realize I'm late to this "party" (OK, bad word, sorry ... :huh: :unknw:): The only source where what hope remains for this world may be found is in Christ Jesus (The Redeemer of the World, remember) ... And however dire the dearth of hope for this world, nevertheless, there is boundless hope for the next.  Boundless!  And we owe that to Him, as well.

I received what felt like an fairly unfriendly message about inserting politics into threads.  It was sort of a banner at the top when I logged in.  Once I clicked on it, it went away.  There were no details about what I said that were “wrong”.  There are entire threads that could be considered “political”.  I’m confused.  How would I go about finding where my error was?

53 minutes ago, Durangout said:

I received what felt like an fairly unfriendly message about inserting politics into threads.  It was sort of a banner at the top when I logged in.  Once I clicked on it, it went away.  There were no details about what I said that were “wrong”.  There are entire threads that could be considered “political”.  I’m confused.  How would I go about finding where my error was?

It is generic, it is there for everyone.  It will come back as a reminder when you log out or after so much time.  

1 hour ago, Durangout said:

Everyone gets that banner.  It will show up and then once you click on it it goes away for a while, but it will show up again after a few visits.  It's just a general reminder for everyone.

• 4 months later...
On 5/12/2022 at 2:15 PM, Durangout said:

On 5/12/2022 at 3:09 PM, Calm said:

It is generic, it is there for everyone.  It will come back as a reminder when you log out or after so much time.  

On 5/12/2022 at 3:32 PM, bluebell said:

Everyone gets that banner.  It will show up and then once you click on it it goes away for a while, but it will show up again after a few visits.  It's just a general reminder for everyone.

On the contrary.  As much as I hate to contradict my sisters, Calm and Bluebell, you should be afraid.  Be very afraid! :shok: :blink: :shok: 

:huh: :unknw: :huh: 

;) :D 

On 2/24/2022 at 8:55 PM, Tacenda said:

I know what you mean. We were taking care of my mom while she was on home hospice during this time and she had her iron grip on my hand when I learned Ukraine was being attacked. My son was in Lithuania at the time and I was very worried. 💔

2 hours ago, MorningStar said:

I know what you mean. We were taking care of my mom while she was on home hospice during this time and she had her iron grip on my hand when I learned Ukraine was being attacked. My son was in Lithuania at the time and I was very worried. 💔

I'm so sorry, I gather your son is back home hopefully. ❤️

Recently my old neighbor got together donations for a care package for a cute Ukrainian family that moved nearby. I can imagine the culture shock it must be, but it's just not safe there. The other day I saw some horrible footage of civilians being killed in cold blood, definitely had to look away. I just don't know why the world isn't all in there fighting to stop it but like I said in my post, I don't have a clue on why not. Putin has threatened nuclear attack could be on the horizon. Surely the Russians do not agree with this maniac. 

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else having problems with anything relating to the profile? (Shows a blank page or the circle never stops spinning)?

***Posting here in case mod is following thread even though it has a thread already in Social Hall because I am not sure if the ‘report’ of that thread went through or not.

13 hours ago, Calm said:

Anyone else having problems with anything relating to the profile? (Shows a blank page or the circle never stops spinning)?

***Posting here in case mod is following thread even though it has a thread already in Social Hall because I am not sure if the ‘report’ of that thread went through or not.

My notifications are not working at all, same spinner.

Must be aliens, clearly 🧐

Our board is wonking out again.  mormondialogue.org/discover/ gives a very Celestial looking white page in Firefox. Other browser get a 500 GO AWAY I HATE YOU error or something. Notifications seem afraid to show themselves.

I think MDDB is beyond a simple interview with the bishop.

On 10/22/2022 at 10:28 AM, mfbukowski said:

My notifications are not working at all, same spinner.

Must be aliens, clearly 🧐

Incidentally they work fine now.... intermittently  ;)

On 10/30/2022 at 8:57 PM, Chum said:

I think MDDB is beyond a simple interview with the bishop.

Oh.

Then more like disfellowshipment, right?  😜

On 11/1/2022 at 2:45 PM, mfbukowski said:

Oh.

Then more like disfellowshipment, right?  😜

Oh, come on, Mark!  Don't you think a sort of "informal probation" will be sufficient?  You know, "Don't take the Sacrament for a couple of weeks and then come see me ..." ;) :D*

*I'm not worried about the afterlife at all: I'll just have to burn in hell for a few decades until I have paid the uttermost farthing and then?!  Telestial Kingdom it is!  Cf. 2 Nephi 28:8. :D :rofl: :D 

Edited by Kenngo1969
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks again, Nemesis, for fixing the glitching.  I had just switched browsers and changed my password because it wasn’t what I thought, so I thought it was an issue I had and it turns out we were all suffering. ;) 

44 minutes ago, Calm said:

Thanks again, Nemesis, for fixing the glitching.  I had just switched browsers and changed my password because it wasn’t what I thought, so I thought it was an issue I had and it turns out we were all suffering. ;) 

I thought I was banned...