Seriously No Politics ×

Board Guidelines Update - Please Review Before Posting

Ares

6 minutes ago, Canadiandude said:

Apparently I can’t view a topic now, after trying to follow some directions and delete posts unrelated to the topic after some miscommunication was figured out.

this is an odd forum. 😅

I am guessing you were more likely banned from the topic as you made some personal remarks about another poster, iirc.  I appreciate you trying to edit them.  I remember reading a couple of your posts and thinking they were iffy.  Anything that implies another poster is lying, a racist, engaging in criminal behaviour, has no fashion sense ;) may lead to a thread ban.

I should go back and check as I may be confusing you with another poster, but newer posters are more likely to make that error.

Edited by Calm
1 minute ago, Calm said:

I am guessing you were more likely were banned from the topic as you made some personal remarks about another poster, iirc.  I appreciate you trying to edit them.  I remember reading a couple of your posts and thinking they were iffy.  Anything that implies another poster is lying, a racist, engaging in criminal behaviour, has no fashion sense ;) may lead to a thread ban.

I might have to reread the rules. I’ve been on a few forums but have never known one to ban one for saying that someone is being homophobic.

Oh well.

7 minutes ago, Canadiandude said:

I might have to reread the rules. I’ve been on a few forums but have never known one to ban one for saying that someone is being homophobic.

Oh well.

Mods have worked hard to keep the board civil, which is why it is still going after 15? years.  They have plenty of experience knowing what will trigger a thread derail or meltdown.  Personal commentary (calling someone homophobic, racist, apostate …unless they have seriously called themselves an apostate, a pervert, etc), mind reading (telling a person what they think or believe rather than leaving that to them), being disrespectful to past and current church leaders who many of us here highly respect and even love…avoiding those is safest.

Edited by Calm
4 minutes ago, Calm said:

Mods have worked hard to keep the board civil, which is why it is still going after 15? years.  They have plenty of experience knowing what will trigger a thread derail or meltdown.  Personal commentary (calling someone homophobic, racist, apostate …unless they have seriously called themselves an apostate, a pervert, etc), mind reading (telling a person what they think or believe rather than leaving that to them), being disrespectful to past and current church leaders who many of us here highly respect and even love…avoiding those is safest.

Roger.

• 2 weeks later...

Can I just say how much I appreciate this board. I know I say it all the time. But honestly, if I didn't have this place to socialize on, I'd be a wreck. I appreciate you moderators and those that got this board started. It's a wonderful format, beautiful in fact. It's a blessing in my life. And the wonderful folks on this board from all over the world and every walk of life, I'm a lucky girl. 

Thanks...Nemesis, Hestia, Chaos, Skylla, and Minos. 

• 3 weeks later...

Is the board asking for us to confirm our email address or is this a phishing scheme?

On 9/30/2021 at 3:06 PM, Bernard Gui said:

Is the board asking for us to confirm our email address or is this a phishing scheme?

Every 6mths your email address needs to be confirmed.  We had a lot of dead emails that were clogging our email server with error messages.  

On 10/3/2021 at 9:04 AM, Nemesis said:

Every 6mths your email address needs to be confirmed.  We had a lot of dead emails that were clogging our email server with error messages.  

Hmmm. I've never received an email confirmation, except of course the initial one a decade or so ago. 

• 3 weeks later...

Has the site been turned off for several hours in the last two days?

I have seen no comments from others regarding that

And when you re-appeared, the first post of mine which appeared was one of my replies from 2018.

Does that or could that indicate that my account might have been hacked?

3 minutes ago, mfbukowski said:

Has the site been turned off for several hours in the last two days?

I have seen no comments from others regarding that

And when you re-appeared, the first post of mine which appeared was one of my replies from 2018.

Does that or could that indicate that my account might have been hacked?

I think the site has been down all day for everyone.  Yours appears to be the first post after the site got fixed.  I just checked to see if the site was back up about 5 minutes ago and it was still down, and now of course it's working again and you appear to be the first one back in.  Congratulations.  You should get a prize.

Edited by InCognitus
1 hour ago, InCognitus said:

I think the site has been down all day for everyone.  Yours appears to be the first post after the site got fixed.  I just checked to see if the site was back up about 5 minutes ago and it was still down, and now of course it's working again and you appear to be the first one back in.  Congratulations.  You should get a prize.

Well I was just waiting for my life to re-start. ;)

😱

I have to change my whole world view now.  There really ARE people out there. ;)

Edited by mfbukowski
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...