Seriously No Politics ×

Name Removal

Wants2know

If you should ever change your mind, I, for one, would welcome you back.  I may not understand everything God does (Isaiah 55:8-9), but in the final analysis, the only thing I have left to surrender back to God that He did not give me in the first place is my will.

I wish you well.

I don't think you can remove your children as members; you can only remove yourself.  Individuals cannot request that other people have their name removed from the records of the Church.  Make it a formal letter when meeting with the Bishop or, if you no longer participate, just mail the letter to him.  

It is not an immediate process, so expect it to take a little while.  

Wants2Know...

I sent you a PM also... and I will again say... I hope you will not shut any doors completely,,, but no matter what you are in my prayers...

GG

I don't think you can remove your children as members; you can only remove yourself.  Individuals cannot request that other people have their name removed from the records of the Church.  Make it a formal letter when meeting with the Bishop or, if you no longer participate, just mail the letter to him.  

It is not an immediate process, so expect it to take a little while.  

I'm reasonably certain that if they are minor children you can have them removed.   (I think the recommended process is to also have them sign the letter but I'm not certain as I haven't been down that path yet)

I'm reasonably certain that if they are minor children you can have them removed.   (I think the recommended process is to also have them sign the letter but I'm not certain as I haven't been down that path yet)

I have been involved in this process as a clerk. This is correct information. The parent can write the resignation letter, including the names of the children and then everyone signs the letter. Then gIve it to the Bishop.

I have been involved in this process as a clerk. This is correct information. The parent can write the resignation letter, including the names of the children and then everyone signs the letter. Then gIve it to the Bishop.

If the child does not want to sign the letter is the parent capable of still removing the child?  

If the child does not want to sign the letter is the parent capable of still removing the child?  

Yes. Legally the children (under 18 yrs) don't have to sign but church policy asks for it. If they don't sign it might delay the process while the Bishop investigates the reason for them not signing. If the children really want to be members, after 18 yrs they can rejoin the church.

Edited by JAHS

He's a friend. I can meet with him. Thank you.

Glad just a friend...sometimes all struggle with certain admin issue. But if our leaders are wrong, they will have to pay, and no one denied blessing will recieve an hundred fold in the eternities. All need to stay the course until the Ark is steaded once again.